On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:09 PM, Scarlet Pimple said:

Nope! :laugh: I went back to check and couldn't find  the number on that BBC report anywhere. Just a wild guess from me.:wave:

Scarlet... crowd figures in BBC match reports aren't perhaps in the most prominent place. You need to go down to the bottom of the main report and shift the black panel from "Match Stats" to "Line Ups" on the left by clicking on the latter. You will then find the attendance at the very bottom, below the referee's name.

• Disagree 2

18 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Scarlet... crowd figures in BBC match reports aren't perhaps in the most prominent place. You need to go down to the bottom of the main report and shift the black panel from "Match Stats" to "Line Ups" on the left by clicking on the latter. You will then find the attendance at the very bottom, below the referee's name.

Sometimes.

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I still rate OFW despite him not being in the best of form just now and I appreciate that you feel it your role to defend and talk up the club and it's employees. However, to say that no 'keeper could have reacted to save that poorly executed shot is just ridiculous. The sun may or may not have been in his eyes but it was a clear goalkeeping error. In the end we recovered from that early reverse and won more comfortably than the scoreline suggests. No harm done in the end but it does no harm being prepared to acknowledge shortcomings and hopefully learn from them.

I have no professional affiliation to the club...however I DO have eyes! Fonners is perfectly placed to save the ball. Within probably 1m of him, it takes a wild bounce off the perfect playing surface and flies over him.  I don't see how he could've done better, I don't see how the position of the wall would've prevented the bobble? And as he's lying on his side waiting to gather the ball, a cap would've been of no benefit.

2 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

I have no professional affiliation to the club...however I DO have eyes! Fonners is perfectly placed to save the ball. Within probably 1m of him, it takes a wild bounce off the perfect playing surface and flies over him.  I don't see how he could've done better, I don't see how the position of the wall would've prevented the bobble? And as he's lying on his side waiting to gather the ball, a cap would've been of no benefit.

He could have caught it in his cap :hiding:

• Agree 1

Noted with a smile. And it wisnae me who gave you a red dot, Charlie. Nothing offensive about your post which  tried to be helpful but maybe was a wee bit misconstrued. Things happen. So, off you go to bed and I'll be up with a wee Toddie for you  in a minute.  :wink:

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I still rate OFW despite him not being in the best of form just now and I appreciate that you feel it your role to defend and talk up the club and it's employees. However, to say that no 'keeper could have reacted to save that poorly executed shot is just ridiculous. The sun may or may not have been in his eyes but it was a clear goalkeeping error. In the end we recovered from that early reverse and won more comfortably than the scoreline suggests. No harm done in the end but it does no harm being prepared to acknowledge shortcomings and hopefully learn from them.

Sorry....I forgot that some people no longer think I'm entitled to an opinion as a fan these days.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

6 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Sorry....I forgot that some people no longer think I'm entitled to an opinion as a fan these days.

Of course you do. Maybe you can point me to your last even vaguely critical or questioning post expressing an opinion as a fan ?

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:11 PM, Bronson said:

Today was also the first time that I have seen police dogs used during an ict game. 

The 'Dug' was a far better proposition to score ahead of Boden....................

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, forresjags said:

It was a howler from OFW nothing to do do with who gave  a free kick away.

it was an unfortunate and untimely bounce of the ball. nothing to do with OFW or Vigz....although its not at all surprising that some on here continue to victimise the lad!

FWIW...WE ACTUALLY WON, GUYS!!!!! ffs!!!  :frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01: :frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01: :frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01: :frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01::frustrated01:

• Agree 2

Yeah we won, but once again creating chances and scoring seems to be a struggle, And its a fact that the walrus' goal was indeed an own goal.

This Saturday will surely be a far bigger test, and i'll go to the game hoping for the best and expecting the worst. 

Maybe I'm being overly sceptical but I didn't see much on Saturday to tell me we've turned the corner. 

Have to agree we were less than convincing on Saturday and would have liked to be out of sight before the Elgin lad squandered a great chance to equalise at the death.

But the first win since October is more than welcome, but still short of a player or 2.     

5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Of course you do. Maybe you can point me to your last even vaguely critical or questioning post expressing an opinion as a fan ?

Maybe you can point me to the bit in the handbook that says you have to be publicly critical or questioning in order to qualify as a fan?

I have no issue with you disagreeing with me, but as you've not picked up on others making the same point then it seems that your motivation for comment has more to do with my being involved at the club than any genuine need to express disagreement with my view.

In short....you're being a dick.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

33 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

injury list for the game:

McNaughton, Meekings, Horner, Draper, Fisher, Mulraney, King, Raven...

After a 3wk break to come back with more injured players than we had going into it, is a very worrying statistic. Either we were trying to harden the boys up playing on concrete or there is something more worrying happening.

14 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

The point of a wall is to block shots below head height on one side of the goal (near-post). Only a curler of Roberto Carlos proportions should be able to bend into the near post bottom corner. Granted, the ball was shifted a couple of feet in the free kick routine, but the shot had virtually no bend on it and was still a yard inside the near post - watch the BBC highlights, the angle is perfect to see this. So, a wall won't prevent a bobble, but should stop it ever getting near the goal if mis-hit towards the near post.

• Agree 1

Having watched the highlights it looks as though Doumbouya lifted his foot out of the way to let the ball through.  He may got a slight touch which might have affected the path of the ball.  He looks more to blame than Fon Williams.  In any case, once a free kick is played short surely the players in the wall should be rushing forward to block.  

Interesting to note that in all 3 of Doumbouya's opportunities shown, it was Doran who provided a very precise ball into him.  Doran does not seem to have recovered the pace he had prior to his long term injury, but he has real vision and is still going to be a key player for us for the rest of the season.  I think we will create a lot of chances if we play with Cole and Doran in the side.  

• Agree 1

I've said it before but Doran could well play a similar role to Andrew Shinnie for us. He has a real creative spark and a keen eye for a pass. Hopefully he gets a run of games and we'll get him back to his peak from a few seasons ago where he was an assists monster.

14 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Having watched the highlights it looks as though Doumbouya lifted his foot out of the way to let the ball through.  He may got a slight touch which might have affected the path of the ball.  He looks more to blame than Fon Williams.  In any case, once a free kick is played short surely the players in the wall should be rushing forward to block.  

Interesting to note that in all 3 of Doumbouya's opportunities shown, it was Doran who provided a very precise ball into him.  Doran does not seem to have recovered the pace he had prior to his long term injury, but he has real vision and is still going to be a key player for us for the rest of the season.  I think we will create a lot of chances if we play with Cole and Doran in the side.  

Actually, I think the 2nd cross shown was from Boden, not Doran.

3 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Maybe you can point me to the bit in the handbook that says you have to be publicly critical or questioning in order to qualify as a fan?

I have no issue with you disagreeing with me, but as you've not picked up on others making the same point then it seems that your motivation for comment has more to do with my being involved at the club than any genuine need to express disagreement with my view.

In short....you're being a dick.

Sign of the times when the best aggro is on the message boards.:sad:

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic