ICT v Plastic Whistle 6 pointer

Well it was great to return to Borough Briggs and see off Elgin, albeit making heavy weather of it. I feel this week is a MUST WIN and I would take a scrappy 2-1 again. Not sure if the team selection and formation gave us any clues last week. Still a lot of questions to be answered - so who is in the know.

Meekings is OUT but will all the rest return - especially Draper. Will Foran persist with Polly at right back or will he shunt in Raven. Do we persist with Boden or do we fire in Anier (I would). Vigurs to keep his place ? Doumouya to play up front on his own (I would plump for Anier and Boden but cant see Foran doing this ?

FON WILLIAMS

WARREN McKAY TREMARCO

KING  POLWORTH TANSEY  DRAPER DORAN

ANIER  BODEN

Plastic Whistle may also have their own problems - Is Devine suspended ? Osman and Lindsay may also be out which leaves them threadbare at the back.

I know he scored the winner for us at Elgin but have said it before he is not a target man, he is fine with the ball at his feet facing goal not always his fault  the mid field don't help him and the ball into him is not easy. So wingers putting high balls into the box so he can run on facing goal.

The other thing I don't understand is why are we giving away so many goals from free kicks around the area, since we appear to be so weak defending we should strive not to give them away.

7 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Well it was great to return to Borough Briggs and see off Elgin, albeit making heavy weather of it. I feel this week is a MUST WIN and I would take a scrappy 2-1 again. Not sure if the team selection and formation gave us any clues last week. Still a lot of questions to be answered - so who is in the know.

Meekings is OUT but will all the rest return - especially Draper. Will Foran persist with Polly at right back or will he shunt in Raven. Do we persist with Boden or do we fire in Anier (I would). Vigurs to keep his place ? Doumouya to play up front on his own (I would plump for Anier and Boden but cant see Foran doing this ?

FON WILLIAMS

WARREN McKAY TREMARCO

ANIER  BODEN

Plastic Whistle may also have their own problems - Is Devine suspended ? Osman and Lindsay may also be out which leaves them threadbare at the back.

I'd play Raven if fit and Cole than King and Boden, so:

Fon Williams

Raven, Mckay, Warren, Tremarco

Tansey, Draper

Polworth, Cole, Doran

Anier

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

Fon Williams

Tansey, Draper

Polworth, Anier, Doran

Doumb

Altthough my preference if fit I'd have King on the left wing with Doran central and Fisher up front - Anier and Doumb on the bench alongside Cole & Vigurs

Wasn't at the Elgin game but if Cole played as well as reported, a bit harsh to drop him. He does give us something different when he runs at people with the ball but can go missing when the game is physical. May be an option to give him 45 minutes and if he is not performing, then sub him at half time.

13 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Wasn't at the Elgin game but if Cole played as well as reported, a bit harsh to drop him. He does give us something different when he runs at people with the ball but can go missing when the game is physical. May be an option to give him 45 minutes and if he is not performing, then sub him at half time.

I'd be just as well willing to drop Doran. Maybe others are seeing a lot more of him than me but he's not stood out for me in a long time. 

8 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

FON WILLIAMS

WARREN McKAY TREMARCO

ANIER  BODEN

They've got Nial Keown on loan I wonder if Cole has played against him?

Edited by 12th Man

Based on last week's performance and assuming that we have nobody returning from injury, I'd go with a core as follows:

Fon Williams

x                    Warren             Mackay         Tremarco

Doran           Polworth     Tansey             Cole

Anier   Doumbouya

The problem is right back. If Raven isn't fit and with Meekings out, you either have to go with Polworth there again, bring in a U20 (Brown maybe) or play 3 at the back. If Draper is back, I suppose he could play at centre half, with Mackay moving back to the right....

It would be interesting to try and play three at the back but would an unfamiliar formation be the way to go with such an important game?

Fon Williams
Mckay Warren Tremarco
Doran Polworth Tansey Draper Cole
Anier Doumbouya

37 minutes ago, RiG said:

It would be interesting to try and play three at the back but would an unfamiliar formation be the way to go with such an important game?

Fon Williams
Mckay Warren Tremarco
Anier Doumbouya

It may unsettle Patrick more than us...if anything could be said about our line-ups and formations, its that we are a little bit predictable.  This may just catch them out?

And given what seems to be a stellar performance in the Dev game against Newco, Ebbe needs to make an appearance at some point.  Seems to be sharp.

Everyone on here is dropping Vigurs, but Richie has stuck with him throughout.  I wonder what he's seeing differently...

You need the right players to play formations. Doran and Cole as wingbacks is not going to work. The two of them both really struggle with defensive duties further up the park as it is. Polworth could be a wingback and maybe tremarco but that would mean dropping draper to centre defence or bringing in Brown, an unexperienced player. I think leaving polworth right back would be more sensible than shifting every one else around. But also means its more likely Foran will stick with Vigurs which is eternally frustrating.

As someone said, the team will hard to predict, depends who is fit. A fully fit squad would cause for some debate. I dont think I can ever remember us having so many strikers. I wouldnt drop Doumbouya, he scored in the previous game (confidence) and his physicality could rattle an inexperienced Keown or Barton who is naturally a midfielder it seems.

These next two home games are massive

6 hours ago, RiG said:

Fon Williams
Mckay Warren Tremarco
Anier Doumbouya

Given we have been soundly beaten at home by the other Jags in the recent past by their high pressing approach against us, I fear that formation could go spectacularly wrong. Doran and Cole aren't defensively minded; their undeniable strengths lie elsewhere. We need 4 at the back. Are Meekings, Raven and Horner all out?

RE: Doran and Cole as full backs that's not necessarily what they would need to do if we were to line up along those lines. You could have Polworth, Draper and / or Tansey dropping in to the centre of defence with Mckay and Tremarco going into the wide areas as and when required thus minimising the defensive duties of Doran and Cole. Like I say it's a complete stab in the dark as to how we might approach the game given who we have out.

On 24/01/2017 at 7:02 PM, Robert said:

I'd play Raven if fit and Cole than King and Boden, so:

Fon Williams

Tansey, Draper

Polworth, Cole, Doran

Anier

After watching Richie's interview, no Draper or Fisher, but Raven, King and Mulraney should be fit.

Version 2 of my team:

Fon Williams

Raven Mckay, Warren, Tremarco

Tansey, Polworth

Doran, Cole, King

Anier

Supect Vigurs and Doumbouya will start ahead of Polworth and King. We shall see!

wish i could be there for this game. The next 3 are season defining for us and we need to take 9 points if we wanna stay up. Richie and the players keep banging on about top 6. As said before our worry should be safety at the moment. Enjoy to all those attending the game today and cheers to everyone at Elgin last week, had a fantastic time. Only getting on here now as i had a 2 day hangover and then a mad week of work :lol:. All being well I'll be back over in march for the county game