Inverness CT -V- Partick Thistle

Scotty

I actually considered leaving after 10 mins of the second half. Stayed on thinking we surely must improve. We didn't. 

Really dire stuff. Partick looked better all over the pitch and if we had sneaked a winner it'd been a travesty. Nothing else to add.

To inject a positive note, I think Richie was wrong to label this match 'must win'. A point against an in form Partick side who have been a bit of a bogey team for us even when we have been on good form in recent seasons is not a bad result especially bearing in mind the rare clean sheet.

An opportunity to lift ourselves of the bottom on Tuesday will hopefully lift a bit of the spectator gloom as well.

• Agree 1

If we lose to Hamilton we are down and the board had better act quickly rather than dawdling as they did with Brewster when it was obvious with half the season gone we were in deep trouble.I think the players have lost confidence in RF, once you lose the dressing room it's finished. All the good work JH and Latapy had done, the passing, game management, organisation has gone.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

True, but ultimately this was another step towards relegation.

Home game against a very makeshift and mediocre side, yet we still can't score, and the BBC stats show Partick had more possession, shots and shots on target, with OFW coming to our rescue more than once.

You don't get any reassurance that Foran knows our best formation or best line up, it's just rolling the dice when it comes to midfield and attack, hoping but not expecting that someone will do something.

I just don't see how we are going to get out of this with Foran in charge, all the evidence is that, great player as he was, he's just a dud as a manager. Hope I'm wrong, of course.

That's 11 without a win, against a string of poor sides. Foran himself said today was a must win, our biggest game of the season, and he failed again. The Hamilton game ought to be his last chance.

Have to agree players start one week have a good game then don't figure again the next. Formations all over the place think Polworth spent most of today going from the left side to the right side and then back across to the left, how frustrated must he be .Mulraney on before Doran wtf is all that about.

Foran at the moment cannot seem to inspire or motivate the team hope he can find something from somewhere and soon.

Don't usually post but a bit peed off , older fan who's seen it all .

I Reckoned Doumbouya would have cost Ritchie his job had he persisted playing him week in week out , Yes like any striker he'll score you the odd goal whenever but this guy is as clueless as the manager at the moment ( it's like playing with 10 players most of the time  ) Worst Caley displays I've seen in many a years and if not sorted this is going to cost the club financially and their premier league place . It's not going to change unless Mr Cameron and company act and sort this out !! 

Enough is Enough it's embarrassing to watch 

• Agree 3

28 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

If we lose to Hamilton we are down and the board had better act quickly rather than dawdling as they did with Brewster when it was obvious with half the season gone we were in deep trouble.I think the players have lost confidence in RF, once you lose the dressing room it's finished. All the good work JH and Latapy had done, the passing, game management, organisation has gone.

I think quite a few supporters got a bit tired of the tippy-tappy passing and possesion game towards the end of last season, but after JH left I said that we would probably rue that ability..... It wasn't always excitng, but it probably enabled ICT to punch above it's weight. We've lost a bit of creativity in the middle and wings, and don't seem to have found adequate replacements for Storey and Roberts up front let alone Watkins and Mckay.

Barry Wilson and Willie Miller were both bang on with their post-match comments. Forget top six ... Richie is completely deluded with that. Flat, boring,  unimaginative. I hope the team sickness story is true because some players, especially Tansey, seemed anonymous, flat, lacking passion or invention. Patrick bossed us for long periods and were more deserving of a win. I normally religiously stay to the end but had to be away early today ... Coincidentally I had no particular wish to stay.  We are sleepwalking to relegation and sadly I don't think the board has a game-changer in their locker. Tuesday is big but certainly not decisive. Plenty more points to play for but at the moment I honestly don't know where a win is coming from because I've no confidence we'll beat any team on current form.

• Agree 2

Our keeper really upped his game and pulled off some excellent saves. The defence held firm, assisted with the protection of midfield to claim a much needed clean sheet. Better positioning for picking up the 2nd ball when taking corners too.

Subs Vigurs had a good game, so did Doran and Mulraney, we could have really punished them on the counter attack with Mulraney and Doran but it's a work in progress.

Once the confidence builds, I can see us as possible top six but I think the majority of us fans would be happy with a bit of daylight between the bottom 2 positions and us.

Anier was showing there's quality about him but his biggest battle was the ref instead of the back line. The linesman missed an obvious offside when the ball hit the cross bar, plus others, let off a Partick player when offside for chasing the ball on the way back to OFW which I thought, fair enough as he kind of didn't interfere with play yet when the tables were turned and we had a player off side but more importantly one onside in a dangerous position the flag goes up.

A lot of positives to take down to Hamilton, to play against a team whos fans are planning  to start boycotting their matches.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Joe DiMaggio said:

Do we really need 7 stewards standing all round 20 kids, half a metre from their faces because they are singing at a football game. 

Why don't the club just ban all singing and kids from the games.That'll ensure we have no future support...

I realise the club are on warpath re the issues last week but totally agree with today. One steward in particular seemed to be permanently in their faces all second half and the kids he was picking on were about 13 or 14 years old. All they were doing was standing singing. The number of stewards round them kept increasing probably due to the the aforementioned stewards behaviour. 

Just seemed totally unnneccessary. 

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

To inject a positive note, I think Richie was wrong to label this match 'must win'. A point against an in form Partick side who have been a bit of a bogey team for us even when we have been on good form in recent seasons is not a bad result especially bearing in mind the rare clean sheet.

An opportunity to lift ourselves of the bottom on Tuesday will hopefully lift a bit of the spectator gloom as well.

35 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Our keeper really upped his game and pulled off some excellent saves. The defence held firm, assisted with the protection of midfield to claim a much needed clean sheet. Better positioning for picking up the 2nd ball when taking corners too.

Subs Vigurs had a good game, so did Doran and Mulraney, we could have really punished them on the counter attack with Mulraney and Doran but it's a work in progress.

Once the confidence builds, I can see us as possible top six but I think the majority of us fans would be happy with a bit of daylight between the bottom 2 positions and us.

Anier was showing there's quality about him but his biggest battle was the ref instead of the back line. The linesman missed an obvious offside when the ball hit the cross bar, plus others, let off a Partick player when offside for chasing the ball on the way back to OFW which I thought, fair enough as he kind of didn't interfere with play yet when the tables were turned and we had a player off side but more importantly one onside in a dangerous position the flag goes up.

A lot of positives to take down to Hamilton, to play against a team whos fans are planning  to start boycotting their matches.

pcfv01p10_15.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

With the stewards they seem to be given simple instructions and don't deviate.

Some are good some not so good. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there's still a steward standing in front of an empty home car park directing imaginary traffic under the bridge because they have read a rectangular advisory sign that says no right turn, which doesn't seem to be a problem when the police are conducting the traffic.

34 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Loving your positivity, 12th man, but there may be trouble ahead! Richie needs to urgently find his best formation and reward players for good performances. An example today was not starting Doran - he was excellent last week, but is on the bench. Granted, he went 4-4-2 which probably doesn't suit Doran, but he's got to play his form players at every opportunity.

Woeful is my sum up of this game. I went to the game full of optimism that we would see ICT having a right go at Partick oh how wrong i was. No where near enough attacking. We dont seem to be able to attack as a unit. Their is never an out ball up front and most of the time just no one up there well 1 striker. We could play for the rest of the year on today's performance and not score. We need to start attacking and take the game to teams. Also attack with pace as currently a snail would attack quicker. I just hope we get stuck in against Hamilton and take the game to them from the off and just keep attacking.   

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

pcfv01p10_15.jpg

Cheers IHE what's your answer, yet another manager on gardening leave and replace a full squad of players.

Sloppy defending and letting in easy goals has been our downfall. 

Both have been addressed in this match, just need a bit of bite up front and Anier needs a bit more game time. Remember Hughes never had a successful striker he got a winger to play up front instead and hoped for the best.

The same players were scoring goals aplenty at the start of the season but letting in even more, I believe the terminology is called loseing. 

Yes there's room for improvement but it comes with confidence.

Edited by 12th Man

Poor performance but at least a clean sheet.

Not sure who the walking wounded were, presumably Draper given he was hooked, and I thought Tansey was struggling fitness wise so probably not 100%.

Given the first half, we are lucky with the point. We were very exposed on our left flank. I like Cole but he cannot defend and Patrick played on it. I think that's why Polworth got switched.

We were beaten to the ball too often, and I'd have changed the kick out ploy after Doumbouya was taken off to mix things up.

Positives? Fon Williams kept us in it. Tremarco pretty solid. Vigurs definitely improved us, and looked up for if today. Mulraney's pace, but he still needs better judgement. Doran was lively but missed a couple of good chances. Defence got a clean sheet.

Negatives? Too many, but midfield second best on the whole. Didn't like hearing booing at the end. We need to help to lift the players.

Two really big games coming up. Six points would be good, but less than four could be disastrous.

Edited by Robert

This season has been a shambles and I hope that Richie keeps the 4-4-2 and bins the insipid 1 up front mentality which has got us into this position. His faith in Tansey and Doumbouya is another faux-pas. Tansey is disinterested and his head is in Aberdeen. The Walrus is a bumbling, stumbling lower league player. Then we chop and change all the time. Richie has his below par stand ins and almost picks the team on a playground week to week basis. And for those saying this was not a must-win are deluding themselves. Today, Hamilton and Dundee are ALL must win games and even if we grab three draws we are in the mire. We simply can't afford to let a gap develop at the bottom. Let's just hope that we are still in the hunt when the split starts. Oh and confidence comes with winning. The longer we hang on the harder it becomes and we do not look as if we have the soldiers to get out of the trenches. There are not enuff who look as if they are playing for the shirt.

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic