Scotty

1 minute ago, RednBlackComeback said:

According to RF it's all the players' fault......they've no bottle !! :redcard:

no, he said he had to take some blame but wasnt taking it all . i think that part was fair

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, RednBlackComeback said:

These set of players have shown time and time again that they have bottle. Very sad to say, as he was a great club servant, that it increasingly looks like the problem lies elsewhere.

• Agree 1

Ritchie needs to grow some balls and drop some of the guys that haven't performed all season. Tansey, Vigurs and Fon Williams should all be out for Saturday. None of them have been good enough. Saturday is a massive game, if we don't get a win then I think that is the time for change. Let's hope this result is the kick up the backside we need.

• Agree 6

3 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

These set of players have shown time and time again that they have bottle.

But they havent fought a relegation battle, most came in when we were doing well or heading upwards - they showed bottle to win cup games but they dont seem to have the attributes to stop a loosing run and fight like the players at Hamilton, Partick and lets see at the wknd Dundee. We need someone of them to take the game to the opposition and sadly we seem to lack a real leader in the pack like a Tokley, Munro character.

Do some of them have eyes elsewhere now and playing out the contracts, or have they signed longterm deals and have settled familys in the area so have become complacent? In the summer how many contracts had relegation clauses or caveats in them, probably not many as probably everyone thought we'd always be good enough and safe.

We need to see Draper and Warren step up and start showing their alpha male characteristics

Saturday's most certainly a must win, but we've been saying that about the last few games. If we perform the same as we have the last two games on the weekend then we definitely need to make a serious change somewhere, be it with Richie or Brain.

Really mind boggling that players like Tansey and Draper, who have been magnificent for the club in the last few years, have been so below par. Same goes for Warren and Meekings, who were thought of as one of the best CB pairings in the league. We have leaders in the dressing room, like Draper and Warren, who really need to rally the troops, or relegation most certainly beckons.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Should have declined to give radio Scotland interview fecking parasites trying to bring him down further.  Not good listening .

There is no point in hiding from interviews. He is not Mark Warburton and we are not The Rangers.

Foran is showing u can't go from being one of the lads who organises nights outs nd golf days to being the manager of the football club, the total planks who gave him a 3 year deal should be held 2 account for their complete incompetence. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

41 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I will wait to hear what those at the game have to say but it sounds as though Richie has learned nothing from his mistakes. We know that the players are good enough. The squad is the core of the squad which has stayed in this league for years. The problem lies with the management.

I, as have most of us, have been supportive of Richie to date but the situation has become dire and we may have to do something before it's too late.

We have another vital game on Saturday. Fail to win at home against Dundee then, with great regret, the manager's position will have to be seriously considered.

if the players were good enough we wouldn't be bottom.

the squad is the core which stayed in league for years, minus, shinnie, shinnie, Watkins, hayes, rooney, McKay( until tonight) etc.etc,  some are getting to the end of their careers or have been here too long and it's their time to move on.

we haven't signed a player of the calibre of the players above, or half as good, since butcher left.

hughes reaped the rewards when he took over and the next year signed inferior players, duds some would say. he then orchestrated his own departure and legged it with this years player budget leaving foran to shop in the bargain basement getting players who are not good enough to play in the spfl.

I watched a left winger with pace come on Saturday, pass the right back on two occasions,  headed for the bye line and put in two crosses. cross one into the goalkeepers hands and cross two over everyone's head and out for a throw in on the other side of the pitch. he wasn't much better any other time I have seen either

cant see how that can be forans fault it's just the calibre of player we have now.

if/when we go down at least there will be no rangers, hearts, hibs or maybe Dundee untied, teams who could spend big to get out of the championship.

could come straight back up again

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

There's no way that we can afford to sack RF - he'd have to fall on his sword, which I doubt he'll do, given hive deluded comments recently. There's no faulting his passion, but a combination of poor judgement, blind obstinance and a shed-load of injuries has done for RF this season. Do we have the players to stay up? - absolutely. Have they been selected in sensible formations? Only on one occasion that I can remember. Vigurs is a luxury player and we need scrappers - there's no room for him in the midfield. Tansey's had a poor season and needed to be "rested" to shake him up. Doran is coming into form and only got a few minutes on Saturday. Cole and Mulraney are raw talents with pace - rarely played, even as subs. It's not as easy as we all suggest, this management lark, but RF is making a true shambles of this.

• Agree 1

Bring back Russell Latapy as manager and Foran can be his number 2. Punt Rice. 

All was rosey when we had Russell. It's when he left things started to slide. 

He's been after a managers role I'm sure. It's a surprise that he wasn't first pick to replace Yogi in the first place. 

I really want Richie to turn it around though. He's put himself through the wars so often for the team. They need to start doing the same for him. 

Players like Warren, Meekings, Draper, Tansey and Mckay, those who know him well, need to lead by example. 

I'd hate to see him leave under a cloud. 

• Agree 1

We have to act NOW. Foran has to go TOMORROW and Rice with him. I really doubted his managerial potential but wanted him to succeed as he is a legend on the pitch. I cant stop myself from recalling how I felt after the 5-1 drubbing at Tynecastle.

We are NOT the far adrift. We do have (on paper) a squad capable of survival. But it is crystal clear that Richie has lost the dressing room and the club base. Can only see Charlie Christie being capable and available at such short notice.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Isnt football the most frustrating sport ever. So many ups and downs its unreal but even with all the gloom from tonight we will be there on Saturday hoping against hope for a win and the possibility of a miraculous end to the season. no wonder they say football fans are fickle 

• Agree 2

For a game billed as a must win this result is a catastrophe.

I keep expecting Richie to finally stumble upon a winning formula, but starting to doubt it'll ever happen to be honest.

He's done a good job in the recruitment department IMO, and always carries himself with class and dignity (in stark contrast to most managers in this country) but something just isn't right. Time for the manager to ditch the casual nice guy approach and read the riot act. It's time to smash some crockery, knock some heads together and ask questions later. Change training drills, change tactics, change personnel.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear - Desperate, embarrassing stuff - especially following the Partick interview.

That puts us into a relegation battle now - forget about top six, we are in a relegation battle now.

"Some of our players have not got the bottle, they showed that today. We might have been the better side in the first half and their keeper pulled off a great save from the penalty, but some of our boys are hiding and we are in for a fight now.

"I told them straight, 'I can see who is bottling it, I can see who does not want to take the ball'. It is not them all, I thought Billy Mckay was excellent but it makes it a massive game for us now on Saturday against Dundee.

"The majority of them fight, but a few now can't handle the occasion and where we are in the league, but they are the ones who need to have a rest now and I need to bring in the ones who are ready to battle and ready to fight.

"That was out worst defeat of the season. I'll take my share of the blame, but the players now need to stand up and be counted."

On second thoughts I would love to see who Foran picks against Dundee - and whether he is seeing the same players as we are ??????  I have my doubts.

It certainly looks like we are doomed I cant see us avoiding relegation, Richie was always a risky appointment, very seldom do players who suddenly become  managers succeed, but it was probably the only option after having to pay off Hughes, and for that reason I don't see Richie get the sack, so it looks like the Championship next season

****** it now. Even if you ignore the rumors coming from Inverness that Foran has lost the dressing room to the extent that players do not want to turn up to training, there was no greater proof of it than tonight. How can he continue to play Vigurs and Polworth out wide? He may think the players have bottled it, in my opinion he is the one that has bottled it. Hard to have any respect for him when he claims before Partick that it is a must win....until of course we scrape a lucky (was not at game, going by what fans have said) draw and it suddenly becomes a great point. Our relegation is as inevitable as Butcher's Hibs - we are a sinking ship. Cannot take one positive out of tonight. 

• Agree 3

56 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

54 minutes ago, Scotty said:

no, he said he had to take some blame but wasnt taking it all . i think that part was fair

Fair do's, I've sensationalised that a wee bit! Sadly though, I've lost all confidence and belief I had in Richie at the start of the season. :cry:

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic