Should We Replace The Manager ? Poll

Kingsmills

Should we replace Foran as manager?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Should we replace Foran as manager?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Your absolutely right, hes not bomb proof and I don't think for a minute hes blameless in all this, however what I DO believe is that Foran whilst the manager, will have a relatively lesser input to the training drills and sessions midweek, which due to "experience" will fall largely at the feet of Rice and Kellacher. Now, albeit last season we were nowhere as bad as we seem to be this season, however we were still relatively uncreative and although we managed to at least string a pass together, we couldn't create anything in MF or upfront to lead to a goal. Who was the 2 coaches under Yogi,.....Rice and Kellacher! I believe the only reason we managed to get a run of wins and draws to drag us into 7th was Yogis attitude and the fear factor that's sadly lacking with Foran. I quite often pass by Fort George and see the players training with.....yes you guessed it, Rice and Kellacher. Foran is generally standing watching, now whether that is right or wrong I have no idea, but hes obviously letting his coach and assistant take the lead in training, probably due to his inexperience, and this I feel is where he is going wrong, as hes obviously not learning the correct way to do things, and the mistakes of last season are being repeated and accentuated by Forans inexperience. The amount of training injuries we pick up, also is a huge area of concern in my opinion and displays a worrying level of training quality

He picks the team every week, so yes hes got to shoulder a lot of the blame, but I think if theres an area to target now, its the training area. We've got a pretty good team, stronger as of yesterday and we should not be where we are based on players, but as on Saturday the players look like they haven't seen each since the previous game and have no idea where each other are, something is far wrong from the training aspect

I am not even going to express an opinion on the original question, but I really can't allow this nonsense about Scott Kellacher and Brian Rice to go unremarked. I am fully in agreement with Old Caley Girl's question a few posts ago - where is the evidence? Quite frankly Cable Guy's subsequent attempt to provide some is totally laughable. Would Cable Guy blame the Archbishop of Canterbury for the Great Train Robbery because he happened to be staying at a hotel nearby? Then you get the justification prefaced by "I quite often pass by Fort George and see the players playing...." which plumbs completely new depths of absurdity. This whole notion is straight out of a "Depute Heads Will Roll" storyline from Yes Minister. In fact as I write, Row S has just posted, giving me the inspiration to come up with the somewhat more credible notion of blaming the vanilla top!

The situation:- Inverness Caledonian Thistle sits three points adrift at the bottom of the Premiership and five points adrift of 10th place (both plus goal difference). To reach the kind of points total that will avoid finishing bottom, the team needs to take more or less as many points from its last 15 games as it has so far from its first 23... and more than that to avoid a relegation play-off, most probably against Dundee United.

The reason?: There is no single reason and I believe that what is happening at the moment is the kind of perfect storm of several adverse circumstances, some long term, some short term, which very often accompanies extreme situations like this. To remain consistent with my opening sentence, I will refrain from confirming or denying what I believe these circumstances to be.

• Disagree 5

Lots of mentions of Foran having a 4 year contract, but there will almost certainly be performance criteria and termination clauses that will make his payoff less costly than paying up the full remainder of his contract.

6 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

I am not even going to express an opinion on the original question, but I really can't allow this nonsense about Scott Kellacher and Brian Rice to go unremarked. I am fully in agreement with Old Caley Girl's question a few posts ago - where is the evidence? Quite frankly Cable Guy's subsequent attempt to provide some is totally laughable. Would Cable Guy blame the Archbishop of Canterbury for the Great Train Robbery because he happened to be staying at a hotel nearby? Then you get the justification prefaced by "I quite often pass by Fort George and see the players playing...." which plumbs completely new depths of absurdity. This whole notion is straight out of a "Depute Heads Will Roll" storyline from Yes Minister. In fact as I write, Row S has just posted, giving me the inspiration to come up with the somewhat more credible notion of blaming the vanilla top!

The situation:- Inverness Caledonian Thistle sits three points adrift at the bottom of the Premiership and five points adrift of 10th place (both plus goal difference). To reach the kind of points total that will avoid finishing bottom, the team needs to take more or less as many points from its last 15 games as it has so far from its first 23... and more than that to avoid a relegation play-off, most probably against Dundee United.

The reason?: There is no single reason and I believe that what is happening at the moment is the kind of perfect storm of several adverse circumstances, some long term, some short term, which very often accompanies extreme situations like this. To remain consistent with my opening sentence, I will refrain from confirming or denying what I believe these circumstances to be.

So is that a yes or no then ?  

• Agree 1

Not going to vote in the poll as I really dont know. Heart and head have different answers !

FWIW : For Richie to survive - and I think most of us really want him to survive as our manager - he really needs to grow a pair, ditch the silly vagrant beard, and start being just as much of an irritating and persistent b***** as he was to all teams when he was an opposition player. He is great to have in your side but a real handful to play against. I was hoping his managerial style would be similar - along the lines of an Owen Coyle or Ian McCall (but with a lower dickhead quotient) 

As a manager he simply cannot be pals with the players or at least not on the same level. They have to know who is boss and whilst he can have a laugh and a joke with them he has to be respected as a leader and if bollockings have to be handed out then he cant shy away from it. If he cannot earn respect as a manager in the same way he did as a player then he has to walk.       

Last time we went down it cost us more than £1,000,000 and a bunch of people lost their jobs. This time round I really cant see us coming straight back up if that were to happen and that could be catastrophic. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Nonsense.

There us a quite clear timeline between our downturn in form and Brian Rice tenure at the club.

Whether Richie stays or goes i am of a definate view that Rice needs to go and go soon

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

I find it "laughable" that you chose to compose such a long winded and frankly arrogant response to what is MY opinion on the situation, without actually offering one of your own. None of us are close enough, or know enough about the dealings at higher level at the club to know exactly what is going on, and sometimes we have to go on the information available to us, and our own personal experiences and feelings.

I like many of the fans today am feeling extremely frustrated, angry and saddened by recent events, and offered MY opinion on the situation and how I feel about things. I am not telling it as facts and I'm not expecting everyone to agree with them, but I don't expect to have some sad little man belittle me and my comments without offering some degree of opinion himself

• Agree 12

Never posted on here  but just a reminder we waited to long before getting Rid of Brewster (A poor performance at Hamilton was his undoing in January also!). 

Would like  to see Foran step aside, become a coach for a While and learn his trade  if we leave it to late we could be cut adrift and the championship does not look easy to get out off.

• Agree 3

31 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Best solution for all would be for another club to come in and offer us compensation for Foran to become their manager, and for him to accept their advances provided he can take Rice with him.

We were just saying that last night at the game. Hearts could ditch Cathro and come after Richie.

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Yngwie said:

I've added a poll to this poll.

Sorry, started this thread in a bit of a rush before I left this morning and neglected to add a poll to my poll so thank you for doing so. :smile:. I have not voted as I'm genuinely not sure but what I am sure of is that if we retain Richie we need to bring in someone with experience to assist him, whether that is in the form of a Director of Football or an experienced assistant and to do so without delay. Richie may be inexperienced and struggling but Brian Rice is being no help at all.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Lots of mentions of Foran having a 4 year contract, but there will almost certainly be performance criteria and termination clauses that will make his payoff less costly than paying up the full remainder of his contract.

Always amazed me as to why football managers who get dismissed from their duties have their contracts paid up?

If I was to get the sack from my job then I know for a fact I would receive absolutely hee haw!

Voted no, but pressure must be mounting. 

Saturday shaping up to be one of the most dramatic, intriguing fixtures for years!

Who knows what kind of starting line up, performance or result we're going to get? Expecting a tense atmosphere and raised passions. Should be entertaining either way!

3 hours ago, Ross MacKenzie said:

Never posted on here  but just a reminder we waited to long before getting Rid of Brewster (A poor performance at Hamilton was his undoing in January also!). 

Would like  to see Foran step aside, become a coach for a While and learn his trade  if we leave it to late we could be cut adrift and the championship does not look easy to get out off.

This poses another question. Who would you get to replace him that would be within our financial means ? 

I was an easy No vote. That's my gut, then I started questioning that. But, in our relegation season we collected 37 pts. Average for play off spot since we joined top flight 36 points. So 5 wins and 5 park the bus draw performances will do? That's possible, still time. #positive spin or deluded

Richie's love of the club or our love for him has nothing to do with it, can he do the job or not, all evidence to date says he can't. Further, blaming the backroom staff is nonsensical, the Manager is in charge of football matters, he can overrule coaches if he thinks it necessary. Coaching is about fitness, pre set routines you are likely to encounter in matches, drills to cement good practices and improve touch, set plays offensive and defensive. The Manager sets out the team and tactics.Frankly, failure to track opposition runs would see you dropped from teams at almost any level especially if repeated and I have seen it time and time again this season.This sloppy, lazy defensive work should have been nipped in the bud but has been allowed to continue throughout the season, who carries the can for that?

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1