Should We Replace The Manager ? Poll

Kingsmills

Should we replace Foran as manager?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Should we replace Foran as manager?

• Yes
    • No

Richie has clearly tried to be positive and show belief in his players to prevent a spiral of negativity when confidence will naturally be low. Hamilton was the final straw for this approach and he clearly has changed his tact. Some arse kicking is in the post! Let's see how it goes. Our Warren's, tanseys and drapers are letting us down. Let's make them right for their place.  All ready this season we have had hartely, McIntyre and canning under pressure. Now it's Richie's turn but he needs a chance to sort it out. 

• Agree 1

I haven't voted, results are just as good as a poll.

This season I haven't been overly concerned, or should really say worried, regarding the points on the board, until now. The points tally to date is irrelevant if another 6 teams are mediocre then they will never be far away, it's just the other teams are all beating each other and creeping up the table.

It really is time for action on Saturday not kamikaze but a well thought well planned gutsy performance. 

Get the fans on side.

I want to see the Richie who scores goals with his face, I want to see the Richie who shouts his mouth of on the pitch, I want to see the Richie who I thought was going to get sent off for grabbing Hayes by the throat for not putting enough effort in against Dunfermline. Its time for that guy to make an appearance. 

As for the players if we go down the club can't afford your wages next season.

Inverness is a horrible place to come.

That long slow awful A9.

That exposed cold miserable stadium.

Worst of all our awful mouthy fans, let's give Dundee as hard a time as we can and let Foran get on with his job of getting stuck into his players.

A passionate expressive match will go a long way to calm things down.

But we don't want to settle for that, we go again the following week and every week from now on.

Just get stuck in.

• Agree 6

9 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

DD what dreadful legacy did JH leave? 

Remember that Hughes took over when we were flying in 2nd place.  He left us 5 places lower.  During his tenure Ross, G Shinnie, Watkins, Vincent, Mckay, Devine, Williams and Christie left.  Can you name any outfield players he signed who have remained for Foran to work with and who could be regarded as replacements of equal or better quality? (Keeper excepted OFW in, Brill out - much of a muchness).  This despite the significantly higher player budget than Butcher had.

Don't get me started about the style of play.  Last season was the most boring football I have seen anywhere, any time.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

DD Shinnie, McKay, Watkins and Christie would have gone irrespective of who the manager was, JH had no say in these, Vincent and Devine were bit part players whom the Directors were presumably happy to let go.These players had cost us nothing so the "Budget" was nowhere near sufficient to go and buy replacements which was JH's main beef with the board. Had replacements been available don't you think the club would have signed them in the summer break before RF took over? Despite the loss of those players JH still managed 7th in the league whatever you may have thought about the style of play.I have said in other posts the current squad should have been good enough for a mid table finish with an experienced manager which we don't have.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

13 hours ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

He hasn't had a chance to gel Billy Mckay into the team

I was excited as anyone about Billy McKay and he tried, but the team clearly weren't used to him going by all the passes aimed over his head to the marginally taller HAFC player marking him.

It was obvious last night the line-up wasn't right. We need to wait until Saturday to see if things have meshed any better and if Foran goes with a saner line-up. And stops going easy on the lazy players.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

DD Shinnie, McKay, Watkins and Christie would have gone irrespective of who the manager was, JH had no say in these, Vincent and Devine were bit part players whom the Directors were presumably happy to let go.These players had cost us nothing so the "Budget" was nowhere near sufficient to go and buy replacements which was JH's main beef with the board. Had replacements been available don't you think the club would have signed them in the summer break before RF took over? Despite the loss of those players JH still managed 7th in the league whatever you may have thought about the style of play.I have said in other posts the current squad should have been good enough for a mid table finish with an experienced manager which we don't have.

My point is not that players left when he was in charge - players will always move on - it was his complete inability to bring in comparable players that was the problem.

• Agree 2

I think Richie may be close to the quitting stage tbh - that last interview suggested he doesn't know how to lift the players, and one more performance like the last couple might confirm that. He cares about the club, and I wouldn't be surprised if he falls on his sword.

I feel really sorry for him - the decision to promote him to manager without being an assistant first was a really bad call by the board - presumably largely because they didn't want to pay off Rice, who had just joined. I'm a bit baffled that they didn't manage to fire Hughes rather than keep paying him, after his unprofessional conduct towards the end of his stay.

Water under the bridge though - it's the future that matters, and it looks like change is probably required.

9 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

My point is not that players left when he was in charge - players will always move on - it was his complete inability to bring in comparable players that was the problem.

As a club before the cup success we took in players and integrated them into a team over a period of time, gradually progressing up the league with it - taking 5 or 6 of these players out at once them expecting to remain at the same level or continue to progress when we were well above our weight was never going to happen. Perhaps if only 1 or 2 left we could have continued to build and seen more from his new recruits - unfortunately after a period of stability we became like every other SPL team which changes half its squad every year with limited continuity or success. Being honest I'd hardly suggest every player signed by managers before or since have been a success either - not everyone that comes in is comparable to those leaving - under current circumstances you'd have written off the likes of Billy Mckay as a replacement for Rooney as he took ages to get going.

Edited by bdu98196
  • Agree 2

His team may be three points adrift at the foot of the Premiership but Inverness CT boss Richie Foran says the board has been supportive and he is not in danger of being sacked. "We were challenging for the top six last week, now it's a relegation battle. Two or three wins gets us back challenging for the top six, but they need to come," says the Irishman. (Sun)

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

His team may be three points adrift at the foot of the Premiership but Inverness CT boss Richie Foran says the board has been supportive and he is not in danger of being sacked. "We were challenging for the top six last week, now it's a relegation battle. Two or three wins gets us back challenging for the top six, but they need to come," says the Irishman. (Sun)

I agree with IHE. The target must be tenth place but on what planet were we 'challenging for top six' last week ? That ship sailed well before Christmas.

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I agree with IHE. The target must be tenth place but on what planet were we 'challenging for top six' last week ? That ship sailed well before Christmas.

We are still in with a chance if we can win a few games starting tomorrow :hiding:

ICT NEED 3 points today. Theres no two ways about it. Anything less and i think it we are Championship bound. Then again....we could do a "Sunderland" , look doomed, then go on a winning streak with a handfull of games left and escape