Scotty

Thought we started well but lost the goals at key moments. Two decent balls into the box which we were unable to defend. Great to see a bit of fight in our boys and got a point, when you could argue we deserved all three.

Esson was poor and doesn't inspire any confidence  so OFW has to return. Thought our full backs were very good and both put their bodies on line to stop shots etc. I feel Gary Warren has lost half a yard and is being found out of position more than ever before, and on this viewing McCart is very green and not ready for this level yet, and feel we have better options available. 

Going forward we were very good, with the movement of Mckay and Arnier causing problem, but I question the use of Drapes that far up the park. Feel we have better options to play that role, and Drapes could be far more effective in the holding role. Vigurs is ponderous and his lack of urgency when we were 2-0 down really irked me.

in short a good point being 2-0 down, but not seen enough to convince me we will survive. However special mention for the 2 Billy's, they were outstanding today, and Mckay seems even better player than first time around

• Agree 3

OFW has cost us a goal most weeks so Esson had to get a chance. I don't think he could have stopped either goal but I have to admit his dead ball kicks are poor. At half time I would have taken a draw so can't complain. This is the first game for a while where our strikers actually looked like they could score a few goals. 

:clapoverhead:

For the first time in a very long time we played some good football, Looked like we could score, Attacked in numbers. Lots of positives to take from Yesterday. I hope we keep 2 up top at least for the rest of the season and take the game to whoever we are playing. The one thing i can see us lacking now is a big strong tall central defender. Richie was saying there is still money available for players so i hope he goes on the hunt for a commanding defender who is a free agent

• Agree 1

For only getting a point yesterday, I came away from that feeling very positive. For first time in ages, I actually struggled who to award the 5,3,1 points to in the poll. King was standout for me, very pleasing to see him assert himself on the pitch, and hopefully this will give Richie the confidence to start him more often. Esson for me was OK, but as others have mentioned very rusty which I guess is only natural. It's a pity in this scenario we don't still have Cammy as I thought he was great in the Hearts game. Thought for once Vigurs showed great skill and composure and played with real heart, as did all of them really including Tansey. Very unfortunate actually not to have held out for the win, but given where we were at HT a draw seems fair. It seems now we have turned a corner in terms of our firepower upfront, but we must plug that hole in defence if we are to climb off the bottom. Warren is struggling every game, and Raven who had a decent game struggled with a full 90 minutes. We need Brad back in there and possibly reinforcements brought in to cover RB. McCart looked decent but was certainly guilty of giving the ball away now and again. 

• Agree 1

I was away yesterday so missed coverage of the game, but the nature of the result and what has been said about the peformance shows that the players responded to Forans comments post-Hamilton, which is a real positive. Based on that, it appears he hasn't losses the dressing room as had been rumoured.

it would be typical if we go on to take points against the big teams in our upcoming fixtures after our dreadful run against teams in the bottom 6. If we show a bit of bravery and play without fear we can get out of this rut.

4 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Good to see all the positive comments about the performance yesterday.  I'm looking forward to watching the extended highlights on Alba tonight. Remainder of February is going to be tough.  It will be a real boost if we can salvage a result or two from these games.

Coming back from 0-2 down to get a draw was the one bright spot to a horrible football weekend for me with my other side self detonating 0-4 to Sunderland (actually it was the fans who self combusted) ...amazing how Palace can spend £90m in transfers in one season and still look *****! When was the last time ICT paid a transfer fee?

Chuffed to see Mckay back with us and back on the scoresheet (less so the missed penalty). I am still trying to get over the shock of Doumbuoya leaving though!

We seem to have enhanced (or is that enlarged) our striking options, although neither King or Mulraney seem to have clinched the wingers spot for themselves. Defensively aside from Tremarco we seem to have an issue with every other position (including the goalkeeper) which is a worry. Likewise in midfield does Richie know what his best selection is? It seems an improved performance from Tansey yesterday? (post transfer window). Draper seems to be a shoe-in, so should we be playing 4-4-2 with one winger leaving the last midfield berth between Cole, Polworth or Vigurs?

Anyway counting down the days to my midweek trip up for the Celtic game..have a strange feeling we are going to get something from this game, although not sure how the Cup game against them shapes things, I'm guessing we'll lose taht one, but we need to leave a few 'marks' on them to make both sides realise the league result is no foregone concludion!

• Agree 1

Audio quality not the best.....but far from our worst.....sorry.  Really must stop doing interview in the wind tunnel!!

Richie had to head off immediately at full time to attend a family event.  Press/Media were notified of this on Thursday....so no conspiracy theories required.

10 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

Audio quality not the best.....but far from our worst.....sorry.  Really must stop doing interview in the wind tunnel!!

Richie had to head off immediately at full time to attend a family event.  Press/Media were notified of this on Thursday....so no conspiracy theories required.

Is Kellacher standing on a balance board during this interview? 

• Agree 1

Standing/staying still while talking is quite an unnatural thing, so it's not at all uncommon for people who aren't used to speaking on camera to sway/move around.  We've had instances that were so bad that we've had to restart the interview with a wider shot because they've gone off camera :lol:

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

Standing/staying still while talking is quite an unnatural thing, so it's not at all uncommon for people who aren't used to speaking on camera to sway/move around.  We've had instances that were so bad that we've had to restart the interview with a wider shot because they've gone off camera :lol:

Are you suggesting that Scott is to wide to fit in the shot :lol:

Like most posters, delighted to get a point out of that game. Thought we started well but defensively we were weak throughout the game although this improved as the game went on. Warren, Raven and McCart were poor in the first half although McCart will, I thgink improve considering this was his first game. Apart from his dead ball kicking, which improved as the game went on, I thought Esson did okay. The midfield and forwards were so much better than previous games and this was purely down to Billy. His runs create space which gives our midfield something to aim at. Not sure about Anier as he was good and bad in equal measure. In his favour, he has good experience which should help the cause. I thought Draper was terrific today playing as an auxiliary striker at times but as others have said, given our defensive frailties, he may be better utilised protecting our defence. Anyway, we didn't lose any more ground on Hamilton/Dundee so we still have every chance to avoid relegation.

Finally, as others have said, why was Billy taking the penalties again especially the second one. I am a great believer in having a different penalty taker for a second penalty award in a match as this gives the keeper something to think about. If I was the captain, I would have made sure someone other than Billy took that second penalty.

33 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Anyway, we didn't lose any more ground on Hamilton/Dundee so we still have every chance to avoid relegation.

Not sure I quite subscribe to the logic in that statement. The onus is on us to gain ground on these other sides, and as every every match goes by without us narrowing the gap, the likelihood of relegation increases. Saturday might have been an improved performance but is was ultimately another poor result.

• Agree 2

Is it just me or does anyone else not rate Billy Mckay as a penalty kick taker?   I know Tansey has missed one or two this season, but overall I'd bet his record is a lot better than Billy's.  Both of Billy's penalties yesterday could have been saved, and I seem to remember when he was here before, although he scored a few, many of them , like yesterday, were not exactly well struck.  I'd far prefer to see Tansey take any future ones.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Is it just me or does anyone else not rate Billy Mckay as a penalty kick taker?   I know Tansey has missed one or two this season, but overall I'd bet his record is a lot better than Billy's.  Both of Billy's penalties yesterday could have been saved, and I seem to remember when he was here before, although he scored a few, many of them , like yesterday, were not exactly well struck.  I'd far prefer to see Tansey take any future ones.

I agree with you, watching from the North Stand yesterday he was lucky to score the first one!  Let Tansey take them from now on and let Billy just bang in the goals from play starting next week :smile:

20 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Not sure I quite subscribe to the logic in that statement. The onus is on us to gain ground on these other sides, and as every every match goes by without us narrowing the gap, the likelihood of relegation increases. Saturday might have been an improved performance but is was ultimately another poor result.

What I meant was we did not fall further behind these teams. A win would hav bern better but we have to avoid the gap between us hetting bigger.

Can't believe the number of happy clappers on this thread, I watched two pretty poor teams, we lost two goals a decent amateur side would be ashamed of and Dundee should have put us away just after half time they missed two gilt edged opportunities, it says it all I'm afraid about Scotland's top flight. Based on that performance, despite the fightback we are going down, we have no shape, no style, our defending is laughable, passes into feet don't stick, the first touch of most players is appalling, players in space play chest high passes and our forward play is based on hopeful balls played in the general direction of the forwards. I can't believe a team which looked so organised for the last two seasons could degenerate so quickly but it has. JH must be aghast watching what passes for an ICT team. To all those who lobbied for RF to replace JH I hope you are enjoying what you are watching, sometimes, you should be careful what you wish for. The fact is, despite a horrendous injury list last season JH picked up results when we had no right to expect them, that's what twenty years management experience brings. The decision by the board to get rid of an experienced manager and appoint a complete rookie on a four year contract will go down as one of the greatest ever blunders in football. All the hubris of the summer has now evaporated, go back and watch the interview with Kenny Cameron and RF and laugh out loud. Feel free to red dot me as much as you want I couldn't care less, I am angry at how a promising set up and style of play for the club was tossed in the garbage after two and a half years of hard work to be replaced by this rubbish.Were I JH I would be shaking my head at the sheer lunacy of it.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic