Scotty

Stop making excuses. it was Celtic, it was Parkheid, Celtic also hammered Rangers, Celtic were excellent.

Bottom line, we were *****. Its no good saying such and such was good when they came on, the game was lost by then and Celtic just wanted the pride of a clean sheet.

40m for Dembelle, rubbish, maybe worth 6 or 8 million. WE NEED TO GET CLEAN SHEETS, WE NEED DESIRE, WE NEED COURAGE, AND WE NEED SOME LUCK. C'mon Caley Thistle, lets start playing for our lives, we can still do it, Hearts have had 2 good games, Rangers are in turmoil, and at home we are the only team to stop Celtic having full points. We can get something out of these next 3 games, then we can pass the play off spot and get safety.

Come on Jaggies

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Bauhaus--I was up early this morning as well as Scotty to try to take in something....but none available. When we won the Scottish cup I watched the whole match on an American channel after twisting an arm at Shaw Cable, but nothing now available.  Roll on the club's plans for more access to video?

About your views on Dembelle's price  I must admit I have mused over that as well. Are Celtic stargazing in the hope of transferring their product to the English Premier League? The amount of money they seem to have available is scary and, frankly, do you think they now belong in the Scottish Premier League.  What team can currently match their money and performance capability.?

Rangers can't seem to get it together although, with talk of the club' being willing  to forego pressing Mr. Warburton to pay back loads of cash when he walks away from Ibrox, which seems to have been a term written into the original agreement should things not work out between him and them, they surely must still have a lot of money available? Whereas man-management appears to be very strict at Celtic park, the Rangers allow a swollen-headed Prima Donna like Joey Barton into their midst who causes trouble almost right off the bat and eats up a substantial part of their cash reserves without any noticeable return on their investment. So, is that poor management and player assessment  brought on by desperation to make it quickly and allow them to match their rivals in green jerseys?

4 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

We had a better manager then! :getmecoat:

Roshie!!!! And then there was Murd's legendary "shoulder charge" on... was it Danny McGrain?? I'm sure you will also remember Roshie's last game in charge right at the end of 1985 - a 2-all draw in a friendly at Kingsmills against a good Celtic side managed by a VERY sore Davie Hay!

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Roshie!!!! And then there was Murd's legendary "shoulder charge" on... was it Danny McGrain?? I'm sure you will also remember Roshie's last game in charge right at the end of 1985 - a 2-all draw in a friendly at Kingsmills against a good Celtic side managed by a VERY sore Davie Hay!

It was on Danny McGrain but then McGrain started it by having the temerity to tackle Titchy Black. 

Talking of starting thing. I don't know if the "highlights" will show the Draper booking for his kick out at Brown but it would be worth having a closer look at that.  Not mentioned by the pundits, of course, but he kicked out in retaliation for Brown deliberately stepping back onto his foot - Brown knew fine what he was doing.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Talking of starting thing. I don't know if the "highlights" will show the Draper booking for his kick out at Brown but it would be worth having a closer look at that.  Not mentioned by the pundits, of course, but he kicked out in retaliation for Brown deliberately stepping back onto his foot - Brown knew fine what he was doing.

That's the way I saw it too.  It was not much of a 'kick out' in any case, but refs have sent off players for that in the past, so Draper should have been more disciplined.  As should Vigurs on a couple of occasions.  I really thought that he would get his marching orders today.

22 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

It was. See here 

We also had more attempts on target and strung more passes together that day! :-o

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Agreed. Disappointed that not one of the pundits felt like mentioning this. Brown seems to be above criticism at times.

• Agree 1

^ have to agree and quite why it deserves red dots is unclear although it's clear some on here will use any result as an opportunity to bash our previous manager. Fact is foran put out a team that looked to lack shape or ideas and somehow he has sapped all confidence from our key men. The performance was worse than the result or scoreline.

Edited by bdu98196
  • Agree 1

Out classed and over-run a deflated performance from us no matter how you dress it up.

I do not think Richie is to blame for this, imo the blame lies solely with the Board. They engaged a completely inexperienced manager, ok it may have been financially tempting at the time and Richie has been an outstanding pillar of the Club but they should have had the sense and foresight to engage a really good experienced Assistant especially for his first season.

There is still just enough time to do this and I 'hope they, the Board, are exploring that avenue now for we can still survive in the Premier if we can get the help that Richie needs and deserves.

Come on Club ICT your supporters need you!!!

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

Agreed. Disappointed that not one of the pundits felt like mentioning this. Brown seems to be above criticism at times.

Spot on DD and Mantis, Brown has always got away with blatant cheating!  I don't normally watch football on TV but did today bad enough seeing our team get thumped by an excellent Celtic team but the BBC commentary team seemed to be wanting our players booked and sent off throughout the game!  I would say that Vigers was lucky as he was still fouling and mouthing to the ref after he was booked. 

Couldn't agree more Brown knows and uses every dirty trick in the book from stamping, ankle knocking, punching, heel clipping to being a master of diving.

Being hailed as the potential saviour of Scotland, pooh he is more likely to be Scotland's downfall if he comes up against a referee who really knows the game.

brown

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

You obviously werent there at our gubbings under his tenure at CP. Just as bad as today imho

Pretty sure we lost 6-0 at Parkhead with Yogi too amongst a couple of 5-0. Horrible place to go.

2 hours ago, bughtmaster said:

Richie has been an outstanding pillar of the Club but they should have had the sense and foresight to engage a really good experienced Assistant especially for his first seas

Think it was Richie who re appointed Rice!

Not mentioned by the pundits, of course, but he kicked out in retaliation for Brown deliberately stepping back onto his foot - Brown knew fine what he was doing.

At Sellick Park Broon could run amok with a firearm and would be unlucky to get even a yellow.  However, today we'd still've been horsed if they'd had 2 or 3 sent off.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic