Ominous February

ictfcsince94

Well, our February looks fantastic and just what we need to turn our season around! An away tie to a regrouping Sharts, a home tie against an ever imploding Sevco and a home tie against the other of the ugly sisters, who appear to be quite good!

whilst there is some debate as to what points may be required to avoid relegation, the main target has to be to hold ground over the rest of the month?

3 points needs to be the target from these. We got a draw against Sharts already, and we need to go some way to making amends for our early season drubbing. Both home and away against the new team, we were really unlucky and deserved to come away with something. Now that they are going through their usual soap opera nonsense, perhaps we can kick them when they are down. And we'll, Celtic at home...that needs to be not embarrassing! That's all I'm saying about that!

its a horrible few games, but let's look at Hamilton's month:

@ Patrick

@ Celtic

v Aberdeen 

if I was a Hamilton fan, I too, would be looking at 3, possibly 4 points from these. 

So, we need to keep pace with Hamilton, that's all we can ask for this month. It's the games against the other 6 teams around us that are the real '6 pointers', and those are what we must focus on? 

Other teams results have actually gone in our favour for most of the season so far, with the teams around us generally drawing and getting beaten by the top 5, this needs to continue, and we need to pick up some much needed wins. 

RF has said it's not about playing good football it's about grinding out results...well, that attitude needs to start on Saturday, bin the Septic game, they are a different class, but use it as a learning experience and try to ensure that feeling doesn't return.

Avoiding relegation - easy!!! :hiding02:

ps Admin - can the phrase Happy Clapper be added to the swear word filter? 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I think we should keep the happy clappers term but need to find a title for the depressing droners.

If your at one end of the scale your a happy clapper but yet deem it perfectly normal to depress the heck out of everyone with your depressing thoughts.

Say for instance your company deals with orders worth millions and  you don't get the order do you go round telling everyone were going bust or do you make sure you win the next order coming round it's that simple. 

Agree it's a pretty tough February.

Even nine points from our next nine matches. Anything more are bonus points, sarting on Saturday. Now that the high flying Celtic match is out of the way we can concentrate on survival.

We aren't looking for  ' the great escape' Just a gradual rise up the table. 

Our fans turning up at Tyncasle aren't arriving to watch us get beat they are there for the Caley Jags so play for them.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Here's what i foresee over the next three games: 

KILMARNOCK   PARTICK   MOTHERWELL   DUNDEE   HAMILTON   ROSS COUNTY   INVERNESS  

V ABERDEEN 0 V HAMILTON 1 @ ABERDEEN 0 V RANGERS 0 @ PARTICK 1 V ST JOHNSTONE 1 @ HEARTS 0
@ ST JOHNSTONE 1 V HEARTS 0 @ CELTIC 0 @ MOTHERWELL 0 @ CELTIC 0 @ ABERDEEN 3 V RANGERS 1
V MOTHERWELL 3 @ DUNDEE 3 V DUNDEE 3 V PARTICK 0 V ABERDEEN 0 @ HEARTS 1 V CELTIC 0

Points Scored 4   4   3   0   1   5   1

New Total 29   27   27   24   22   29   19

Which just proves that whilst we maintain our gap to Hamilton, its conceivable that a couple of the others could start to stretch their legs...hopefully, these end up in more draws yet again.  But it also proves that we MUST take as much as we can from these three stinking fixtures.

i'm now off to put a 20p bet on the above actually happening! haha! not likely but an interesting exercise nonetheless. 

Sadly we have already had some 6 pointers against Dundee, Partick and Hamilton. Given the lack of bottle and fight in the Hamilton game it suggest we don't have the characters to get out of this. I said in the Jan window those around us have gone the distance in relegation battles season after season and the players know how to deal with it - sadly like Hibs & DUtd recently we aren't used to being down there and the mentality of the players seems unable to step up so far - those clubs went down and I suspect we will too. Until everyone in the team such as Vigurs, Polly, Tansey, Cole all fight, track back and chase every ball like Draper, Tremarco & Brad do then we will have too many who aren't fighting together. There have been chances recently to grind out results but we haven't shown that mentality.

• Agree 5

It is between us and Hamilton. I am praying for 11th but not even confident about that. There was an enlightening insight into Ranieri and Leicester today on Sky Sports. Not evidently on the same scale but when you fall into the ditch it is difficult to get out.

10 hours ago, ictchris said:

Best we can hope is that the gap doesn't grow during the next three games.  

This is the worry for me.

Although most of the others will still have to play the erse cheeks and Hearts, we could be a long way behind after these three games. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2017 at 10:03 AM, Kingsmills said:

Probably the best we can hope for is that the gap doesn't grow too much.

This. Still. Looks like the point against hearts is actually more meaningful than the Rangers win, with Ham beating the sheep.....

Lets hope Hearts start a bit of a resurgence, and Cunty continue their downward trend.

priority for sellic game must be to keep it respectable on the goal difference side of things.

37 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Exfeckinactly - and not Top Six seeking !!

There is a happy medium. If we play our strongest team and are fully committed there is no reason why we can't take our second point of the season against Celtic and that point could prove crucial come the end of the season.

• Agree 1