Scotty

Every point's a prisoner. All things considered, that's a real bonus. Great for the guys after the tanking last week and the pen save by OFW can only give him confidence. How did we set up? Did we look more solid, or was it a fortunate result?

Here's hoping that The Rangers and Aberdeen do the business tomorrow.

Huge turn round from the 5-1 on the last visit there.... probably to be regarded as a "bonus" in relation to what might have been expected.... other results went Caley Thistle's way so a point closer to potential safety. Between one thing and another, this has to be regarded as the best ICT match day for some time.

But the absolute priority is to sustain any progress... two swallows... summers... etc etc.

1 hour ago, 12th Man said:

Never mind the 2 points dropped they're gone now. Good to come back from Tynecastle with a point and a penalty save too. Now hoping  for a point against the Gers as we build momentum to take on the smaller clubs.

Come on we are wanting 3 points from The Rangers on Friday :cheer01:

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, IBM said:

Come on we are wanting 3 points from The Rangers on Friday :cheer01:

We're due a win...I'm sensing a draw on Friday then al three points against you know who :crazy:  and I'm up for that one

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Agree 1

With Rangers  in a shambles, on and off the park,  why not expect at least get a draw from them?

Yes, how did Anier and Laing do?

And five stars to OFW for what must be the save of the season. After all, no loss and one point is a real spirit lifter for our team and the fans..

And I hope that this means his injuries are finally beginning to clear up because his record up to the point where he suffered greatly was fantastic.

Meantime top marks to  the team for their fighting spirit. Interesting report....... http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38940471

S.P.

• Agree 2

Thought Laing was steady enough, him and Mccart seemed to acquit themselves well. 

Anier was uninspiring when he came on...I'd rather of seen Ebbe on for King Billy. And I'd hoped that Draper would get hooked when I saw Doran warming up...kept thinking he was gonna pick up a red card! 

More yellow cards though!! Grrr

much better from Jake, with an end product.

our team press for the first 60odd minutes was immense. Coley and Polly had wonderful performances, workrate was outstanding. A very promising performance all in all, and a much happier drive up the A9 than normal. Gladly of taken a point when I set off this morning, so yeah, delighted. Another 4 points from the next two games..... 

Thats us two games into an unbeaten league run....

MON CALEY EH!!!!

• Agree 6

forget the doom and gloom. were only about 6 points away from top 6 ,big games  coming up so lets roar OUR boys on to victories come on caley jags lets fight for it.I honestly think weve been cheated by bad refereeing decisions from a few points.

Edited by JoFrAl
maybe wrong place to post my views on this page bit new to it so please if necessary move it to appropriate page
  • Disagree 2

Enjoyed watching the extended highlights on Alba this morning, my impressions were;

Overall a pretty tidy performance from us, Hearts had more attempts at goal than us but many were fairly tame efforts from distance that didn't trouble OFW, who looked secure and dealt with the penalty well

Laing looks a decent signing for us, and McCart did pretty well...they both give Brad Mckay and Warren some competition, hard to gauge from just one viewing but Laing should probably start?

Billy Mckay gives us a much better outlet and threat compared to the recently departed Doumbuoya (despite that latters tally of goals)...I thought Anier did OK when he came on, quite mobile, don't see too many goals in him though and between him Fisher and Boden probably not much to chose from

We were pretty solid in midfield, Polworth not quite the bright spark he was last season, but getting there, I like Mulraney, and Doran looks fit and strong, we do have some useful wing options, but someone needs to really claim the spot.

Lastly, I really like the look of Larnell Cole, and if it's possible we should try and secure him for next season, as I thing he will really start to thrive with regular games....theres a bit of Ryan Christie about him.

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Yip never thought that we would get a point today - that point could be a saviour at the close. Unfortunately it has still get us adrift of 10th. The only thing that makes me nervous about the next two games is what or how many changes do we make. A point at Tynie against an in form side suggests that we go with much the same again. Big, big call for Foran.

I'd be surprised if at least one of Warren or Mckay - probably the former, because he is club captain and a more natural centre half than Mckay despite his dodgy form this season - doesn't come in for McCart, to offer more experience. Otherwise, I think he needs to go with the same against Rangers. 

That was a really hard-fought point: Hearts weren't at their best, but we pressed them and prevented them from taking hold of the game in a way we simply didn't do against Hamilton or (more understandably) Celtic. Mckay's hold-up play and movement up front were superb, and Cole looks a good outlet, although he has too much of a tendency to turn into trouble - I'd like to see him try to get a bit wider at times. Mulraney was less effective than Cole going forward, but his tracking back to put additional pressure on Hearts when they were in possession was really impressive. At the back, Raven and Tremarco both really stepped up to help protect the inexperienced central defensive partnership, of whom Laing looked the more assured, although both did well. The key, though, was the use of our three most dynamic central midfielders in their best positions, something most of us have been crying out for. Having Polworth, Tansey and Draper in the centre means that any one or two of them can push up when required, while the other one or two of them sit deeper. That's how it worked yesterday, with Tansey managing to get forward more than he has for months, and having his most effective game since at least Rangers on  Christmas Eve. For all that Foran rates Vigurs' ability, surely after witnessing yesterday's performance he must recognise that this greater dynamism and controlled aggression in midfield is what we need if we're to stand any chance of finishing above 11th spot.      

• Agree 2

Was worried about Ross Drapper staying on the park he was so fired up , constantly badgering the ref and flying into tackles he did hit the post at 1-1  and drives the team on well just think the red mist descends to easily. Good turnout from the fans always like Tynecastle great view of the pitch from that stand.

The lads put the effort in yesterday, if they can keep playing with that intensity and belief I think we can stay up.  I hope Foran sticks with the same team especially the midfield they were solid throughout and protected the defensive line.

33 minutes ago, caleymore said:

Was worried about Ross Drapper staying on the park he was so fired up , constantly badgering the ref and flying into tackles he did hit the post at 1-1  and drives the team on well just think the red mist descends to easily. Good turnout from the fans always like Tynecastle great view of the pitch from that stand.

I only watched the extended Alba highlights.  Yes, Draper does play hard, but I actually think he is a bit of a 'marked man' with refs these days.  There was not much in the penalty, no push that I saw, just a tangle of legs which can happen with two players running closely together.  He must have been gutted, the penalty incident coming so soon after he hit the post with a good header.  For all his 'trouble' with referees, I fear we would have been even further adrift of the field this season without him.  At least he always shows passion and gives 100%

• Agree 1

The performance yesterday was full of energy and after witnessing the shambolic display at Hamilton it was hard to think that this was the same set of players.  It is hard to identify any players that stood out as every one gave 100%.  The defence was solid and although Hearts had a high number of shots on goal they were speculative and easily dealt with. I liked the look of Laing considering he only arrived this week as he looks mobile and slotted in well.  We flooded the midfield and crowded out Hearts whenever they had possession with Draper and Tansey showing their experience. Cole was full of industry and Mckay kept the Hearts defence busy chasing down constantly. 

I think that the team that Hearts selected was in our favour as they had no wide players until Walker came on and once he did our defence started to creak a bit. The pitch is abysmal and the likes of Mulraney and Cole struggled to keep control of the ball when it was bobbling all over the place. Definitely a point gained yesterday but Rangers and Celtic will be a different proposition as they have wide players that can do a lot of damage. We will need to keep the same levels of energy and commitment and probably play a similar formation if we are to get anything from these games. I left Tynecastle feeling more optimistic than when I left New Douglas Park but that wouldn't have been hard. 

• Agree 1

Coming late - but I was delighted with the performance, the attitude, the fight (but 'fight' without the stupid challenges that cost us so badly at Sellick Park). Rode our luck a bit once or twice (some of the Jambo shooting was terrible) but deserved the point, at least.

Won't be at the game v the New Club but I consider them a poorer team with poorer players than Hearts. They are also skint, having one of their regular crises, and wobbly away from home. A performance like Saturday should be enough for at least a point.

• Agree 1

Tynecastle, best away ground by far. Have to say, looked pretty solid for the best part of an hour and was really surprised when Foran made the change when he did. Mulraney was having his most disciplined game ever, giving Raven support plenty of support on the right hand side so was disappointed to see him get hooked.  

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic