ICT v Warburton & Weir Wanderers

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

The selection and formation for this game is going to be the most awaited and most interesting this season. I bet us punters have a lot of different perspectives. Hope Richie learnt some lessons yesterday.

Foran XI:

OFW

Raven  Warren  Laing  Tremarco

Mulraney  Tansey  Draper  Polworth  Cole

Mckay

IHE XI:

OFW

MacKay  Warren  Laing  Tremarco

Mulraney  Tansey  Draper  Doran

Anier

Mckay

The Foran XI looks stronger than the IHE XI, imho. The three in the middle was a big part of our ability to remain competitive throughout the game yesterday, and Anier hasn't shown enough in any of his games to warrant a start. In fact, if we were going to throw a second striker in there, I'd be inclined to give Ebbe his chance.

• Agree 3

At last, we have an abundance of options again. With players fighting for a start.

King, Polworth,Cole,Mulrainey and Doran all available.

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

OFW

MacKay  Warren  Laing  Tremarco

Mulraney  Tansey  Draper  King

Polworth

Mckay

Cole for king 60 mins or vice versa

Doran for Mulrainey 70 mins

Ebbe for Mckay  75 mins

Edited by 12th Man

13 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

We've got a 2 game unbeaten run in the Premiership to defend against a team that haven't won in the league this month :laugh:

We are due our first league win this year!

I'd go with the "Foran XI" above, but with Doran in for Mulraney.

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

Surely we can't drop Cole after yesterday's display.  He was excellent.  I'd be inclined to keep Raven in too.

Larnell Cole was one of our top performers yesterday but Rangers will pose different problems from Hearts and the team has to be set up to nullify these yet still be threatening to the opposition. Hearts played without much/any width but Rangers will and the team selection has to take this into account.  If we are to get anything from this match we have to pick the team that can get a result and if it means dropping a player that performed well in their last game then so be it.  The team for Rangers must have the same level of energy and commitment as they showed against Hearts. Therefore no place for Vigurs in my team and Raven would also be a starter.

The key is maintaining the work rate.  In recent interviews Foran has accepted that a problem has been that some players have been lazy in getting back to support the defence. I don't think that is just a criticism of the midfield, it is also a criticism of some of the back 4 who have not always got back as quick as they should on their forays upfield.  Regardless of who plays, there has to be 100% effort.  We also need to be disciplined as suspensions caused by too many cards could be a problem for us later in the season.

Murty was critical of his team yesterday following their defeat to Dundee and my guess is that The Rangers will come to us with a much more focussed and determined attitude.  We will do well to get anything out of the game.

I like the way 12th Man has described the team with the timings of the substitutes. Billy Mckay has to start and you could start with any two of Cole, Doran, King,or Mulraney, but whoever is picked needs to run The Rangers' midfield and defence ragged in the knowledge that there are able replacements to carry on the work when they tire.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, forresjags said:

Same team as Saturday, same formation no requirement to change a team to bring back players that have not performed for a while.

King was on a mission against Dundee and gave his all but can't sustain the full on 90 minutes of mayhem. He deserves to be involved.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, 12th Man said:

At last, we have an abundance of options again. With players fighting for a start.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:52 AM, 12th Man said:

The good thing is that all the players mentioned, have earned the right to wear the jersey.

Is it not "nice" that we are back to disagreeing about the selection and system becos we have choices ?

• Agree 1

I was recently watching the video of the Rangers V Celtic match when Celtic  just ran away with it and the score was 6-2 or close  think.

Strangely enough, for all his faults Joey Barton was one of the outstanding Rangers players. Pin-point passing that never seemed to go astray, loping all over the pitch without running himself ragged and getting into a position to be available for a ball. I never saw him dispossessed etc. and the other Rangers players  never seemed to stand out, whereas he was cool and commanding. Such a pity his off- the- field antics appears to have nullified his obvious on-field experience and skill.

My point is that we won't have to deal with him now and Rangers  confidence must be at a fairly-low ebb. If we play with continuing heart and intensity we could win this game........:ictscarf:

21 hours ago, 12th Man said:

King was on a mission against Dundee and gave his all but can't sustain the full on 90 minutes of mayhem. He deserves to be involved.

No argument he had a good game and was unfortunate he couldn't play on Saturday but Cole and Mulraney both put in good performances on Sat.

We have been crying out for a settled 11, lets hope we can name an unchanged team for the first time this season.

4 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

King, polworth, Cole all at the gym yesterday at the time the team is normally training out at the Fort. Normally this means injuries....but hopefully not....

Different schedule this week with it being a Friday Evening match.