Match 1000

TopSix

No confusion.....the match that's been included by the club, and not by others, is this year's Challenge Cup match.

It's one that falls into a bit of a grey area for inclusion (or not) due to it being a senior tournament.....but with an age restriction for Premiership Clubs.

What a shame our 1000th game is against 'them'. I wouldn't have minded purchasing the magazine on this milestone occasion but I refuse to have anything that has 'them' in it. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

5 minutes ago, Gringo said:

What a shame our 1000th game is against 'them'. I wouldn't have minded purchasing the magazine on this milestone occasion but I refuse to have anything that has 'them' in it. 

Agreed, they are every bit as bad as the club with a similar name that for some reason they were permitted to replace in the league ahead of other potential applicants with far longer history yet much much less baggage.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Name another club that would have brought 30,000 to a third division game and I'd say bring them in instead of new rangers. Potential applicants with longer history? Does that really matter? East Kilbride are a brand new club with ambition and are looking to gain entry to league 2 for next season.  If there was a vote for automatic promotion mine would be for them, because I believe they have the biggest potential, not because of their history.  I think we might have played our first season in the third division too actually. Weird. 

Who really cares who we play our 1000th game against? I'm here to see caley thistle. Some of this bitterness towards old/new rangers is getting tiresome. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Name another club that would have brought 30,000 to a third division game and I'd say bring them in instead of new rangers. Potential applicants with longer history? Does that really matter? East Kilbride are a brand new club with ambition and are looking to gain entry to league 2 for next season.  If there was a vote for automatic promotion mine would be for them, because I believe they have the biggest potential, not because of their history.  I think we might have played our first season in the third division too actually. Weird. 

Who really cares who we play our 1000th game against? I'm here to see caley thistle. Some of this bitterness towards old/new rangers is getting tiresome. 

I too would probably back East Kilbride based on potential, particularly as they don't have a predecessor club which engaged in cheating and financial impropriety to the extent of tens of millions of pounds. Nor, as far as I am aware, are their fans in possession of a grossly offensive song book.

Clearly a discussion that would be better suited to the UK Football section of the site as opposed to hijacking what could, and should, have been a far more interesting discussion about a milestone match for ICTFC....and the 999 that have come before.

• Agree 3

Milestone programme is magic btw! Jus had a flick through it and it's top notch! Makes an already exciting game tomorrow night, even more exciting! 

Also, quite :cool: that CJTV Live goes erm Live on game 1000! Brilliant! Is the Modern Football Machine (BT Sport) doing any features? Or will they be focusing on the Soap Opera that's visiting? 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, robbylad said:

Terry Butcher will be at the game tomorrow night. I wonder which club he'll say the nicest things about?

Probably very tactful but will more than likely compliment Tremarcos header in goal, Tanseys penalty and Mckays instinctive turn and shoot inside the box.

You never know he may even say nice things about all of our other goals, controlling the ball, distribution and keeping Rangers at bay.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

ICT I should hope.  After all, as far as I know he's never been associated with The Rangers has he?  In any case, he'll hopefully be saying nice things about us because of the manner of our victory.

4 years at Rangers 127 appearances

• Agree 1

Good news about Big Tel being in attendance.

I (along with most of you I assume) felt quite let down by the manner of his departure to Hibs, but I got a chance for a chat with him at the Scottish Cup Final....where he bypassed everyone else in the press area and came straight to speak to the ICTFC guys/girls....and I think he genuinely still holds great affection for the club.

2 hours ago, DALNEIGHCALEY said:

Out of interest why would it be levelled at Hearts ?

I was wondering the same thing. Hearts have never been liquidated. They have only been in administration and their SPL presence was only interrupted by a relegation which came in the standard way -  as a result of them finishing bottom, albeit expedited by the penalty points imposed as a result of that administration.

But, having had the privilege of witnessing the entire odyssey even since before the first of these games, it's "Number 1000" that I would prefer to concentrate on. Tomorrow night, if I could ask for the clock to be turned back to any of its predecessors, it would be John Rankin's legendary 2006 Yuletide squiggler!

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Just read an article on the 1000th game about Wilson Robertson. Now there was a player maybe more so for Caley but still did no bad in the 1st season Wilson on his day made Barry Wilson look slow a joy to watch. 

Maybe legends of the club could have made an appearance at half time tonight to give us all a trip down memory lane and remind us all of 1 hell of a ride.

• Agree 2

On 2/23/2017 at 8:39 AM, Gringo said:

The absolute state of this.

• Agree 1