Scotty

7 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

We need to all practice overhead kicks :cheer01:

Spelling and split infinitives as well! :lol: OK then IHE.... you said before the Hearts game that fewer than 3 points from the next three games would mean definite relegation. That's now four points from the first two of them, so does the converse apply? Does this now mean equally definite safety?

Does the nature of this victory remind anyone of the legendary John Rankin "squiggler" which snatched victory against the same opponents (Kingsmills may disagree!!:smile:) in an evening match in December 2006?

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

what a goal to win it and what a win it is. Welcome back king Billy! think that game aged me 10 years. Thought we blew it with the pen. When Mckay score that goal i almost when through the roof. Pure buzzing tonight and got more good news as i am receiving my new ICT flag tomorrow. I'll stick a picture of the flag up one i get it. Mon the caley jags!

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Spelling and split infinitives as well! :lol: OK then IHE.... you said before the Hearts game that fewer than 3 points from the next three games would mean definite relegation. That's now four points from the first two of them, so does the converse apply? Does this now mean equally definite safety?

Does the nature of this victory remind anyone of the legendary John Rankin "squiggler" which snatched victory against the same opponents (Kingsmills may disagree!!:smile:) in an evening match in December 2006?

Are you fick or wot ? Of course it is the converse and sets us up fer Cellic. Total, total underdogs. But we can have that mentality against the Jam Tarts and the Old Filth but can we maintain it against our relegation rivals ??

Now, that was more like it! Well done Richie for sticking with the successful formula! Stand out performances were Fon Williams, Tansey, Mulraney and Mckay! However, every single player played their heart out and showed they wanted it. You can't ask for more.

A word for King Billy: his hold-up play was superb all night and he forced error after error from harrying defenders. Then wins the pen and, was there something else? Oh yes, back to goal, defender all over him and overheads it into the top corner. Take a bow sir, you will be our saviour.

What a fantastic 90 min of entertainment- that is what football is all about.

Edited by PerfICT
  • Agree 6

Brilliant,  brilliant, brilliant. What a nice way to celebrate match 1000.

Really pleased with how the team dug in after a ropey start, in previous games we would have conceded and potentially folded but I just get the sense that things are changing. I'm sure there was a lot of soul searching after the Celtic game but the response has proven the character in the dressing room. The way we knuckled down and retook control after the equaliser and kept on going after the missed penalty was really pleasing to see.

Not sure there's much else to say about Billy Mckay but mark my words- he'll keep us up.  Thought Draper was also excellent tonight, didn't do much going forward but watch how many times he blocked or cleared a dangerous cross or ball into the box.  Pleasing to see OFW back to his best too as that gives confidence to the rest of the back 4. Think there's a mistake waiting to happen from Laing/McCart however their both young and will learn.  Was actually more impressed with McCart, I've a suspicion he might turn into a very good player with some time and experience.

All in all a great result and move in the right direction. Pressure now on County?

Edited by Hiro
I am illiterate
  • Agree 1

Just loved this.... a great game to watch on TV

Thought Mulraney was excellent, as was Draper, Cole kicked on in the 2nd half after Jake went off, Raven did a good job covering for Tremarco as did Brad Mckay taking the right berth, in fact the Rangers penalty aside, I thought defensively we were pretty good after we got past the first 10minutes of the game, although OFW did have a few good saves to make. Polworth also maintaining the imnprovement in his form. What a goal from Tansey, and great 2nd effort well saved by the Rangers keeper. As for King Billy, worked hard all game, gets a penalty and scores a superb winner (the wife told me off for making so much noise!)

I was excited about coming up for the Celtic match, before tonight.... now I can barely contain myself :ictscarf:

• Agree 2

Well, how good was that in the end?  I feared the worst in the first few minutes when McCart looked well out of his depth and then Tremarco limped off.  But we weathered the storm and gradually got on top.  Great strike from Tansey, even with the wee deflection.  Mccart redeemed himself with a great block in second half before we gave away another softish penalty.  Could not believe Vigurs being given responsibility for our penalty.  ffs Tansey has the best penalty strike rate for us by a mile, give the job back to him.  And, what a winner!  One of Billy's best goals for us, which could at the end of the day, be one of his most valuable.

I'm already ordering up my large portion of humble pie, after, along with many others, being super critical of Foran these last few weeks/months.  But, he did not do much wrong tonight, except, in my view, starting McCart instead of Warren.  Hardest job for me tonight is not deciding who our MOM should have been. That was Mulraney, but who to put second and third.  So many contenders, and that in itself, is a good thing.

Huge congratulations all round to the management and team.   Roll on the other ugly sister in a few days.

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic