Aaron Doran Out for the Season

Dargo20

Is he not out of contract at the end of the season? I wouldn't be too surprised if we've seen the last of the guy. Such a shame he has been blighted by injury in the last couple of years. Often forget just how productive he was for us in 12/13 (I think) when he racked up something like 15 assists over the course of the season. A lot of those may have been from corners but it's still an impressive return.

56 minutes ago, neksor said:

Taking a leaf out of his boss's book.

Paid a lot,

Played a little!!

That is harsh and unfair. He has not chosen to spend so much of his career on the treatment table and such an unsympathetic post is really unhelpful.

personally, I would like to wish him a speedy recovery and would be delighted to see a fit Aaron Dorian back at the club next season. If he had been fully fit all this season I doubt very much we'd be where we are now.

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

That is harsh and unfair. He has not chosen to spend so much of his career on the treatment table and such an unsympathetic post is really unhelpful.

personally, I would like to wish him a speedy recovery and would be delighted to see a fit Aaron Dorian back at the club next season. If he had been fully fit all this season I doubt very much we'd be where we are now.

I've heard of the saying. There's no I in team.

The latest one is there's no I in Doran.

Hope he's on the mend soon.

Edited by 12th Man

2 hours ago, Naelifts said:

Sad of course but in reality he won't be a big miss as he rarely played over the last two seasons and was never part of our recognised starting eleven

Have to disagree. He is a big miss and would/should be one of the first names on our team sheet and he was part of our recognised starting 11 before his injury.

• Agree 3

Maybe so, but it's no like we will miss him big time, he's hardly played over the last two years. This is make or break for Doran now. Good luck with the recovery process.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Naelifts said:

Sad of course but in reality he won't be a big miss as he rarely played over the last two seasons and was never part of our recognised starting eleven

He's already a big miss. If he hadn't been injured we wouldn't be in this hole and Yogi/Richie wouldn't have wasted their budget gambling on so many duds.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Maybe so, but it's no like we will miss him big time, he's hardly played over the last two years. This is make or break for Doran now. Good luck with the recovery process.

Again have to disagree. To say we haven't missed  as he has hardly played for the past two years is not the case in my opinion. We are a better team with him playing than not playing.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Again have to disagree. To say we haven't missed  as he has hardly played for the past two years is not the case in my opinion. We are a better team with him playing than not playing.

Some people seem to forget just how dangerous and effective he could be before the series of injuries blighted him.

• Agree 1

Surprised by some of the comments above. We need every bit of help we can get at the moment and a fully fit Doran is a definite asset. Not having him for the rest of the season is a loss and - at a personal level - could have a massive impact on a promising career here or elsewhere.

He lacks the raw pace that Hayes has, but is a talent. I can't see him coming back from all these injuries. I have no proof but carrying some extra weight has always been a problem which may not have helped his cause to stay injury free.

Jake has the pace. His performance against The Rangers was Johnny-esqe, hopefully he will be fit for Partick.

Really sorry to hear the news about Aaron.  He was a key part of our success when he was fit.  His work rate was excellent and he has real vision.  When Billy was prolific, it is amazing how many of his goals Aaron played a part in.  I really hope he can put these injuries behind him and get fit - we have always been a better side with him in it and it seems to me that Foran's style is well suited to what Doran can bring to a side.

4 hours ago, forresjags said:

Wow, cannot believe its only 6 years, did he  come from Blackburn on loan?

Yeah signed on loan initially and then signed permanently thereafter. You forget just what a potent attacking threat he once was for us. He set up a load of goals for our strikers over the years. On his day I think he's one of the best attacking players in the league but sadly he's really struggled with injuries int he last couple of seasons. I'd love to see him recapture that form.

Id love to see him fully fit and playing regular again, BUT, i guess, given the past few seasons, a decision has to be made on whether he still offers enuff to stake a claim in the squad and more importantly..on the payroll. I didnt realise he was only 25, so there is still room for optimism

All the best to Aaron in his recovery. Great wee player and shame we haven't seen more of him the last year or 2. 

However because of the lack of games he has played, we have to be realistic in the fact that if he is indeed out of contract at the end of season and (I believe) one of ", if not THE highest earner in the squad. It wouldn't be surprising to see him go. The only way I imagine he would be offered a new deal is if there was a substantial reduction in salary or a short term deal till December.

harsh but reality of footy and injuries.

• Agree 1