Scotty

34 minutes ago, caley100 said:

And the worry is I don't see a lot of improvement.

To be fair, we have tightened up at the back and therefore become harder to beat. That's usually a prerequisite to becoming a team that can win games.

• Agree 2

People are being negative because we are having an absolutely terrible season. We've won a single league game in five months. Our performances have been awful, we have been poorly organised and made basic mistakes constantly. We have recruited badly, causing us to rely on ageing players whose form has dropped. 

We know appear to be moving towards packing the defence and trying to sh.tfest our way to results. I'm not sure we've got the attacking nuance or skill to do it. 

• Agree 2

Thought we were poor 1st half, 2nd half was better, should have capitalized on pressure we put them under and put the game to bed. Despite defense looking ok we all knew we were gonna concede a goal, could not understand why RF didn't make a change. It was obvious county were going to put pressure on towards the end, the only outlets were Mackay and Anier who were looking tired and needed help/changed for fresh legs (Boden/king/cole). 

• Agree 5

My own thoughts on yesterday are that we deserved our point and could have won it. Missed chances costing us all three points. County will feel the same so a draw it was. First half was instantly forgettable, but County could not take advantage of their early superiority. Much better second 45 but the lack of activity on our bench was mystifying. It was obvious that we needed fresh legs, but they stayed on the bench.

Not a disaster, but not what we hoped for. Plenty of effort, even from Vigurs.

36 minutes ago, Chris said:

Thought we were poor 1st half, 2nd half was better, should have capitalized on pressure we put them under and put the game to bed. Despite defense looking ok we all knew we were gonna concede a goal, could not understand why RF didn't make a change. It was obvious county were going to put pressure on towards the end, the only outlets were Mackay and Anier who were looking tired and needed help/changed for fresh legs (Boden/king/cole). 

Well said couldn't have said it better! :clapping:

48 minutes ago, CaleyMax said:

Well said couldn't have said it better! :clapping:

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Maybe if Nat or Old on the bench as well, we could have made a better song and dance of it :clapping:

Although there are signs of improvement it's still not enough to be turning these performances into wins. We need mininmum 3-4 wins to have a chance of staying up. At present we have 1 win in 18.

i actually had no problem with Foran changing formation in the last few weeks. We've all been hoping for changes in the last few weeks personnel and tactics wise  we got them. They still haven't worked. My problem is the work rate of some of the players. Polworth sitting there with petted lip. Maybe if he gave everything he'd be playing more often. He sulks about the place like Ronaldo after missing a couple of free kicks. Even yesterday he pussied out of a few 50/50's. We don't need that we need everyone flying in 100% committed. In fairness we gave a 100% in the second half and in my view not really the first. This also has so often been a problem this season.

no excuses next time out. We have to win that game.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, tm4tj said:

My own thoughts on yesterday are that we deserved our point and could have won it. Missed chances costing us all three points. County will feel the same so a draw it was. First half was instantly forgettable, but County could not take advantage of their early superiority. Much better second 45 but the lack of activity on our bench was mystifying. It was obvious that we needed fresh legs, but they stayed on the bench.

Not a disaster, but not what we hoped for. Plenty of effort, even from Vigurs.

Agreed, effort and endeavour was there in abundance and, if we are going to have a chance of staying up, that has to remain at the same level right to the end of the season.

Have watched the 5 minutes of highlights on the BBC website.

I remain convinced we deserved to win, having made the better chances. Hit the woodwork twice, drew at least two decent saves from the County keeper, one sitter missed (I know County missed a bigger sitter and can feel aggrieved they did not get a penalty).

On another day it could have been one of our enjoyable derby wins..... but we are where we are and all deserve to have our own views respected.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 2

Look the way I see it there is still a glimmer of hope yes we are witnessing probably the worst and badly managed ICT team that has played in the top flight but we are still very much in the mix with Hamilton,Motherwell and County who are all equally as poor in my opinion 

its going to go to the wire and all clubs mentioned above will take points of each other which should result in a pretty exciting finish to the season I guess

Anyway here's ten minutes of CaleyD in action over the course of this season, hopefully there will be a lot more footage before the season ends

Dougal

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Seriously Dougal??.

There have been poor ICT sides and also badly managed ones previously as well. We have no right to be in the top division and have to earn that. Possibly no surprise that the two teams with the smallest budgets are the bottom two clubs. If we can stay up, and I believe we can, then it will be equally as hard next season with Hibs coming up into the SPFL. Undoubtedly, mistakes have been made by our manager this season but he has had to learn on the job and quickly. That is not totally RFs fault and the board have to accept a degree of culpability here for that and their handling of John Hughes departure and the financial impact it has had on the club. Jury is out as to whether he is learning well but he will be there until the end of the season so needs support. If the unthinkable happens and it is obvious that we will be relegated, the board has to seriously reappraise the situation to be prepared for next season very quickly.

As for yesterdays game, definitely think we deserved to win, after a poor first half but we needed a wide player brought on sooner to help us with an out ball from defence. While not setting the heather on fire, thought Anier did okay yesterday and kept the County defenders on their toes. The battling qualities are back at last but we need to get some wins starting with Kilmarnock. The game against Motherwell before the split is now also hugely significant.

From reading previous posts, there are definite splits between some posters on whether we played well or otherwise. This is sadly depressing and I wish everyone put the same effort into supporting the team. Good debate is healthy, petty point scoring isn,t.

• Agree 4

22 hours ago, Row S said:

I agree with Scotty and Ronaldo - too much sniping and bickering for daring to express an opinion on the performance of the team. I wasn't the only one who came away from the game feeling as if we'd lost after the effort of some of the players. We still struggle in defence and we have a few players who just don't do enough to justify a place in the starting line up. Glad we moved off the bottom though, but amazed how we are still in touch having failed to take more than 1 point from so many games.

The support was great today but can those kids stop acting like casuals and start behaving themselves? There was no need for their antics at half time in the toilets and snack bar area, and certainly lying not along Longman Road towards the railway station after the match. About time they learned to show respect for the police and their own fans or someone is going to take away their sweeties and give them a lesson they won't forget.

Agree 100%, they are embarrassing the club, there is no place for this "Casual" behaviour in 2017.

Are they the same bunch that misbehave in Elgin a few weeks back?

If they are your kids, have a word in their ear and sort them out.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Jagman said:

Agree 100%, they are embarrassing the club, there is no place for this "Casual" behaviour in 2017.

Are they the same bunch that misbehave in Elgin a few weeks back?

If they are your kids, have a word in their ear and sort them out.

Some of these kids' (and they mostly are kids) parents are probably equally as neddy as they are.  It's the really cliched ones that make me laugh.  Head to toe in Stone Island gear, in bucket hats and listening to the Stone Roses.  Imagine wanting to emulate Danny Dyer?  Eugh.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Huisdean said:

the board have to accept a degree of culpability here for that and their handling of John Hughes departure and the financial impact it has had on the club.

Could you please outline that financial impact, Huisdaen, and preferably give some details and numbers? This is something I am not aware of.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, bishbashbosh said:

NOW THE IMPORTANT BIT.

how do you think I am a rangers fan now. I don't know you and I don't think you know you

OH I KNOW FROM MY PASSWORD FROM THIS SITE.

so the only way you could know is by, I am guessing, looking up my  details and then using my data to post on here.

SCOTTY, IS THIS SOMETHING THAT NEEDS INVESTIGATING.  DATA PROTECTION ETC

nope. as I said to you in my reply to the private message you sent me containing a less accusatory question .. all passwords are encrypted and even if someone were to look up the database it would just be a bunch of gibberish .... much like your guess.  

Some of the replies to this thread about the young fans at the bottom of section E are frankly disgusting. Describing them and their parents as "neddy" is frankly deplorable and not something I'd expect from the usually friendly supporters of this football club. What right do you have to assume or judge the financial or social state of people who you have likely never met? If that's how you perceive your fellow ICT fans, maybe you shouldn't be one yourself, because we don't want you. Perhaps cricket or Conservative Party conferences are more your thing.

Throughout Scotland, ICT are slated for poor home/away support and a non existent atmosphere. Since the group have come along, the atmosphere at the club has improved greatly and it's clear to see that the players appreciate it. Who wants to go to a football game with no atmosphere? Frankly the club has been crying out for a group of fanatical supporters for years. Since discussions with the club, the older boys who run the group have put a stop to the pyrotechnic displays and have kept the younger boys in check. Without this group on Saturday, it's 50 less fans and over £500 in lost ticket revenue for the club. The 'young team' spend their money and their time to support this football club, home and away, week in and week out, even after only two league wins since October. They deserve our respect for that. They’re hardly Millwall or CSKA hooligans, smashing up train stations and pubs wherever they go. I guarantee we would have had more violent fans in the Highand League days.

For how many years have we heard the club and other supporters cry out for more fans at games? Well since this group started at the Celtic game in late 2015, they've doubled in size.

Clearly some people in here have just been born a 40 year old sweetie rustler who has no idea what it's like to be young and to be a real football fan.

Edited by chedan1
grammar
  • Agree 10
  • Disagree 3

Just now, Sir C the 3rd said:

Agree with most of what you say but then have to end with a pretty childish last paragraph. Everyone supports the club in there own way. It doesn't make them any less a supporter. Delete that paragraph and it's a green dot from me.

I respect that opinion but I feel that the people the judge our supporters based on appearence, age, clothes etc are not welcome here. Wasn't a comment on the folk who don't stand for 90 minutes or those who sit in the main stand, as it may have been perceived

8 hours ago, chedan1 said:

Some of the replies to this thread about the young fans at the bottom of section E are frankly disgusting. Describing them and their parents as "neddy" is frankly deplorable and not something I'd expect from the usually friendly supporters of this football club. What right do you have to assume or judge the financial or social state of people who you have likely never met? If that's how you perceive your fellow ICT fans, maybe you shouldn't be one yourself, because we don't want you. Perhaps cricket or Conservative Party conferences are more your thing.

Throughout Scotland, ICT are slated for poor home/away support and a non existent atmosphere. Since the group have come along, the atmosphere at the club has improved greatly and it's clear to see that the players appreciate it. Who wants to go to a football game with no atmosphere? Frankly the club has been crying out for a group of fanatical supporters for years. Since discussions with the club, the older boys who run the group have put a stop to the pyrotechnic displays and have kept the younger boys in check. Without this group on Saturday, it's 50 less fans and over £500 in lost ticket revenue for the club. The 'young team' spend their money and their time to support this football club, home and away, week in and week out, even after only two league wins since October. They deserve our respect for that. They’re hardly Millwall or CSKA hooligans, smashing up train stations and pubs wherever they go. I guarantee we would have had more violent fans in the Highand League days.

For how many years have we heard the club and other supporters cry out for more fans at games? Well since this group started at the Celtic game in late 2015, they've doubled in size.

Clearly some people in here have just been born a 40 year old sweetie rustler who has no idea what it's like to be young and to be a real football fan.

Well said! I have a 100% record of attendance this season and go on the supporters bus to the away games, also my season ticket seat is in stand E above the 'young team' and I sit up the back of the bus near them and overall they are a fine bunch of fans. Yes, sometimes their youthful exuberance is a little OTT for a lady of my years but overall they are dedicated lads (some with not too much money) and bring a great atmosphere. Perhaps those who too easily judge other fans should maybe make an effort to look at the positives that the 'young team' bring rather than the negatives.  I have heard some really offensive language in the North stand being shouted out and this has been from older men who should know better! 

• Agree 4

So now if you don't make noise you're not as a good a fan and in some cases not even a real fan. What arrogant nonsense. 

And also if I find the 'young teams' antics and dress sense a bit cliched these superfans want me to support someone else! Aw no, pass me the handkerchief!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

50 minutes ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

Agree with most of what you say but then have to end with a pretty childish last paragraph. Everyone supports the club in there own way. It doesn't make them any less a supporter. Delete that paragraph and it's a green dot from me.

Absolutely. An interesting and very valid post spoiled by those last, unfair, unnecessary and divisive comments at the end. Right now we need everyone from the young and enthusiastically vocal to the more 'mature' just as enthusiastic but perhaps less boisterous on board.

If ever there was a time for TogetherNess it's now.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Renegade said:

So now if you don't make noise you're not as a good a fan and in some cases not even a real fan. What arrogant nonsense. 

And also if I find the 'young teams' antics and dress sense a bit cliched these superfans want me to support someone else! Aw no, pass me the handkerchief!

The only "arrogant nonsense" I've seen on this thread would be the way you described the young fans and their parents. I can't see you having many pals if that's how you judge and treat people.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

• Scotty locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic