Inverness CT -V- Kilmarnock

Scotty

30 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Where in the world is Fisher?  Aside from Mckay, he's our best striker by miles.  This ostracisation by the manager has to end now.  It could have huge consequences both in terms of whether the club stays us and whether he'll still be in-charge next season.

A tweet this week from Alex Fisher about taking part in community walking football with a bunch of older fellas. It included a fairly loaded comment about good to game time. Must be a bust-up. However I'd sooner have Anier support Mckay. Fisher had plenty chances in the team earlier in the season and could summon up 2 goals. Tremarco from defence was way more prolific!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Positive for me today was David Raven who I thought performed really well at left back and  got some decent crosses in the first half and offered decent support going forward. I think we lost this outlet when Foran switched him back to the right hand side

Negative other than the result was that wee erse Jones he is one cheating little *****

Good to see also that Kriss Boyd has lost none of his blistering pace and work rate,made the reserve Sutton Utd keeper look slimline.

30 minutes ago, cif73 said:

A tweet this week from Alex Fisher about taking part in community walking football with a bunch of older fellas. It included a fairly loaded comment about good to game time. Must be a bust-up. However I'd sooner have Anier support Mckay. Fisher had plenty chances in the team earlier in the season and could summon up 2 goals. Tremarco from defence was way more prolific!

Nonsense.  Fisher's chances usually amounted to substitute appearances and you could never doubt his work rate when he did play.  I have no doubt his goal tally would be far better had he played more.  Give me him over the hapless Boden and the hopeless Anier any day.

• Agree 4

50 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Positive for me today was David Raven who I thought performed really well at left back and  got some decent crosses in the first half and offered decent support going forward. I think we lost this outlet when Foran switched him back to the right hand side

Negative other than the result was that wee erse Jones he is one cheating little *****

Good to see also that Kriss Boyd has lost none of his blistering pace and work rate,made the reserve Sutton Utd keeper look slimline.

:shrug:

1 hour ago, forresjags said:

What has that got to do with us not being good enough to beat a bang average Kilmarnock team .

We are bottom for a reason and it's got feck all to do with St Johnstone.

The point is that everything possible seems to go against us. Hamilton haven't exactly been brilliant of late - the struggle to beat 9 men points to that. 

Hamilton have managed some pretty unlikely, and indeed lucky results, but if that had been us I'd have taken the points happily. 

Of course, if we were able to take a half decent penalty we may not be in quite such a predicament. 

First off,  how can you win when a very poor referee named Madden (call me mad for short) awards fouls and a penalty against ICT when the other team comes out looking like Angels in his book. A totally poor performance on this referee's part today and left the indelible impression that he was definitely biased against ICT for some unknown reason.

The penalty--maybe my advancing age is stopping me wondering why that was a penalty? It looked bad all right but If the defender goes for the ball first, and gets it strongly as he did without the attacker being near it,  then takes the legs out from under of the opposing player because he is going so hard he can't stop please advise me in my dotage why that is a penalty?

As for the game itself : Tansey had an outstanding game with real effort all round and he tried so hard to get things going. Cole has ability for sure but was largely ineffectual on the wing with his final ball and maybe his supply from other players was sadly lacking. McNaughton worked hard and gets full pass marks from me for effort-- showed his experience and coolness under pressure on a continuous basis. But, with his hair being greyed out nearly, how long can he last..:wink:? Fon Williams did very well too and seems to have recovered his agility and self confidence. But the latter part of the second half almost sunk us and by then the writing was on the wall. Fiddling and faddling with little on the way of hard running and the direct approach right into the face of the opposition we could not get a shot on goal. Billy was well nigh nullified by some good hard work on the opposing side and that was that.

Looking to the next two sets of fixtures our game against Aberdeen is very unlikely to result in any points coming our way. Ross County should be favourites to beat Dundee. Motherwell against Hamilton is likely to be a draw. We can but hope Rangers get their act together and beat Killie. We obviously hope Killie then do not upset Celtic's home celebrations of the title. However, even though on 33 points they would be miles from us.Hamilton v Ross County might be a County win. Ideally Hearts will beat Dundee. A second win against St Johnstone would be a relief but leave is still dangling near the edge.Partick would be desperate to beat Motherwell. Dundee's final game before the split is against Hamilton. We have quite a good record against Motherwell but a second win down there might be too much to ask. It is certainly not looking too good but the fans must retain faith.

Edited by CELTIC1CALEY3

Our relegation rivals will pick up points in the next week, with some or all of Dundee, County, Motherwell and Hamilton guaranteed points.

Makes today's draw more disappointing and we really need a performance and result next Saturday (and one on Tuesday would be great too!). 

Edited by Robert

2 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

First off,  how can you win when a very poor referee named Madden (call me mad for short) awards fouls and a penalty against ICT when the other team comes out looking like Angels in his book. A totally poor performance on this referee's part today and left the indelible impression that he was definitely biased against ICT for some unknown reason.

The penalty--maybe my advancing age is stopping me wondering why that was a penalty? It looked bad all right but If the defender goes for the ball first, and gets it strongly as he did without the attacker being near it,  then takes the legs out from under of the opposing player because he is going so hard he can't stop please advise me in my dotage why that is a penalty?

As for the game itself : Tansey had an outstanding game with real effort all round and he tried so hard to get things going. Cole has ability for sure but was largely ineffectual on the wing with his final ball and maybe his supply from other players was sadly lacking. McNaughton worked hard and gets full pass marks from me for effort-- showed his experience and coolness under pressure on a continuous basis. But, with his hair being greyed out nearly, how long can he last..:wink:? Fon Williams did very well too and seems to have recovered his agility and self confidence. But the latter part of the second half almost sunk us and by then the writing was on the wall. Fiddling and faddling with little on the way of hard running and the direct approach right into the face of the opposition we could not get a shot on goal. Billy was well nigh nullified by some good hard work on the opposing side and that was that.

Scarlet - Brad was no where near the ball. By going to ground like that he gave the referee a decision to make - not a good idea today. But to be fair, that was as nailed on a penalty as you'll see ever. 

• Agree 1

I think everyone here is deluded and I include myself in that category also, as I have tried to remain positive.

If we were to win our next three games, which ain't gonna happen, we'd still be deep in the mire.

Ronaldo, don't be too hard on yourself, I was against the rookie Foran who had served no apprenticeship from Day 1 and I got pelters from all those who wanted JH out before he left. If you don't play the ball through midfield you cannot buy the time to get others in support of the strikers and secondly you have not pushed back sufficient opposition players to keep them hemmed into their own 18 yard box making it difficult for them to break against you. JH understood this and was trying to get the team playing to that system but the supporters wouldn't have it. We got results even with a horrendous injury list during his last season thanks to this philosophy. All I hear now is how we aren't getting the breaks and luck is going against us. Luck's got nothing to do with it, you make your own luck usually by being in the opposition box more than your own. What has happened this season could have been foreseen at the start, what other manager in the top flight with one win in eighteen would still be in a job? The board have handcuffed themselves to Foran who I don't believe has the know how to take us back up when we are relegated whether that is this season or next.

PS My post is no reflection on RF the wholehearted player nor his nature, he was given the job without any training before he was ready

Not a problem,Hawkeye. We are just seeing it from different angles.

Last word from me is basically that the ball WAS at the feet of the lad  but he probed it forward, or lost control, and Brad saw an opportunity to get in really quickly to stop any further chance of the other player getting it back. He hit the ball fair and square AHEAD of the Killie player. But also note that the player saw him coming a mile away, knew he was in the penalty box (!) and made NO move to jump up in the air or avoid the lunge in any way shape or form.

It seems with all that is at stake these days players have become very smart at  expecting and encouraging, or just NOT avoiding, tackles to get a decision. And, as I mentioned, I am very suspicious why this ref was SO biased against ICT in this match.....the references made above by other fans to his often ludicrous decisions, as seen by me as well, are uncannily accurate. Madden's display on the day was a disgrace. :redcard:

And don't forget, sitting at home looking at my video I have the BEST VIEW IN THE HOUSE of all angles. And  Don Johnston is one very special commentator who has done his homework I can assure you. He displays passion and knowledge, along with accuracy of assessment and clear enunciation and brings in Liam (who?) frequently for additional comments. :clapoverhead:

I'll be interested to see the footage, Scarlet.  From the North stand just in line with the incident it looked as clear cut a penalty as you will ever see.  Mackay's reaction was one of someone who knew he had been rash and let his team mates down.  He made no claim that he got a touch on the ball.  I just don't think that anybody there was in any doubt it was a penalty.

DD.

Unfortunately, in order to have a wee look at that video, you would have to emigrate to an overseas location, register on Caley Jags , get a User name and P/W (very easy) and pay 5 pounds which IMHO is very good value all round.

My recollection is that he went through the ball and took out the player in the succeeding long sliding tackle. Maybe you are right and he never actually touched the ball but I cannot believe that.  However, at least one other poster commented that it was never a penalty ...! So.....it's water under the bridge now isn't it.

16 hours ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

The point is that everything possible seems to go against us.  

This is what is making me feel so pessimistic about staying in the top league. Anytime there is a tiny glimmer of hope, the door gets shut firmly in our face. Just no sign of a break coming along for us

1 hour ago, SMEE said:

This is what is making me feel so pessimistic about staying in the top league. Anytime there is a tiny glimmer of hope, the door gets shut firmly in our face. Just no sign of a break coming along for us

On the optimistic side, the two St Johnstone players will be banned for being red carded and won't play against us next Saturday.

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic