Inverness CT -V- Kilmarnock

Scotty

59 minutes ago, weeman said:

On the optimistic side, the two St Johnstone players will be banned for being red carded and won't play against us next Saturday.

Will it not be the mid week game they miss?

I think Fisher has to be given a chance, pushing Draper further forward to win highballs is not working, I don't feel Draper wins enough for a start. I hope the decision to not play Fisher is a footballing one and not due to any type of falling out, managers need to maintain discipline but not at the expense of SPL football.

• Agree 1

BBC highlights show that at an early corner  Connor Sammon blatantly charging straight into Brad Mckay without even looking at the cross in order to stop him having a close shot at goal. This could explain why Brad later got angry with the referee and was booked. 

• Agree 1

Brad Mckay was booked for a terribly rash tackle that thankfully didn't properly connect with Jordan Jones and the ref played advantage. Had he connected the tackle fully with the man, Jones could've been badly injured and Mckay given a straight red. 

Edited by Renegade

12th man. .....Thanks for providing the video shot of Brad's tackle in which you say he got to the ball first.

I tried to open the video link you provided but each time it closed immediately before I could see anything happening.  The heading above the link stated  "Advertisement" . Go figure.:smile: 

11 hours ago, Robert said:

Second worst away record in the league and 5 of our remaining 8 games are away from home.

I'm an optimist, but......

We may get lucky and have 4 home and 4 away. Before the split we have Aberdeen away - amazingly tough- St Johnstone home - extra tough - and Motherwell away - very tough. In the split fixtures we will have fixtures against Hamilton, Ross County, Motherwell, Dundee and Kilmarnock - I cannot see Killie who play Rangers, Celtic and Hearts overtaking Partick (nor Dundee or Ross County for that matter). So far we have played Hamilton away twice this year, Ross County away once, Motherwell will be twice, Dundee once, and Killie once. In theory we would therefore play Hamilton at home, Ross County away, Motherwell home, Dundee away, and Killie away. But that is not certain. I strongly suspect we will have Ross County away on the last day of the season when I hope we will have something to play for. 

2 hours ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

SP I think you can dispense with the April fool now. I think if Scott Boyd had made a similar challenge on Billy McKay I don't think you'd find anyone on here that wouldn't say it was of the stone wall variety.

From the BBC highlights there is one angle which makes it look as though he may have got a touch on the ball but the other angle shows he was nowhere near it.  But as Celtic1Caley3 says, there was an early foul by Sammon on Brad which would not have been out of place in American Football.  Even more of a stone waller but obviously not given.  I suppose we can be grateful that Madden didn't penalise Warren for his well timed tackle on the ponderous Boyd.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

From the BBC highlights there is one angle which makes it look as though he may have got a touch on the ball but the other angle shows he was nowhere near it.  But as Celtic1Caley3 says, there was an early foul by Sammon on Brad which would not have been out of place in American Football.  Even more of a stone waller but obviously not given.  I suppose we can be grateful that Madden didn't penalise Warren for his well timed tackle on the ponderous Boyd.

Even if he got the faintest of touches it was still a clear penalty. You wouldn't get away with a challenge like that anywhere on the park and McKays reaction said it all. 

Boo hoo we never got a foul and the ref was rubbish. Every week we come up with a different excuse why we didn't win. Vigurs fault, missing penalties, not getting penalties, terrible refs, martians. There are no excuses, we just haven't performed for the majority of the season. No point in raising your game for Rangers when you can't get going against the likes of Killie and Hamilton.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

Boo hoo we never got a foul and the ref was rubbish.

Every week we come up with a different excuse why we didn't win. Vigurs fault, missing penalties, not getting penalties, terrible refs, martians. There are no excuses, we just haven't performed for the majority of the season. No point in raising your game for Rangers when you can't get going against the likes of Killie and Hamilton.

Madden was honking. Probably didn't affect the result greatly, but if I did that badly at work, I'd expect to be shown the door. 

I don't think anyone is using missing penalties as an excuse for not winning games. But it is a reason - just as our failure to score goals at one end and keep them out at the other is reason we are not winning  

• Agree 2

It's all a bit depressing.

Four wins out of 30 matches says it all I'm afraid.

Rapidly running out of 'must win' games.

Said it before : I'll take 11th now and take my chances

8 hours ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

SP I think you can dispense with the April fool now. I think if Scott Boyd had made a similar challenge on Billy McKay I don't think you'd find anyone on here that wouldn't say it was of the stone wall variety.

Boyd was making these sort of challenges on  Billy McKay all game long and was not penalised by the referee. At least he was consistent(ly) poor.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Boyd was making these sort of challenges on  Billy McKay all game long and was not penalised by the referee. At least he was consistent(ly) poor.

Your correct. Yes, The ref was poor, but that in no way contributed to us failing to beat a very average Kilmarnock. We didn't do enough yet again.

The one decision Madden definitely got right was brad McKays challenge on Jones. Frustrating as it is, It was a clear penalty. Boyd or anyone made no such similar challenge on McKay in the box in my recollection of the game (sadly).

Edited by Sir C the 3rd
  • Agree 1

Look what we have become. Point scoring referee hating bitching fans. All because we never won a game. If I recollect, we have no given right to win any game. I know, it sucks.

At the risk of sounding like someone who claps happily, I thought we had as much right as Killie to stake a claim for all three points. We lost a stonewall penalty got back level and Billy Mckay was unfortunate with an excellent shot that was saved brilliantly. Fon Williams did likewise at the other end. All in, an entertaining enough game albeit frustrating for us in our position. But that's not just happened, that's because of our poor start to the season and continuing to play without pulling off wins instead of draws.

I reckon we can do it, but it's going to be tight.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

Only thing I have to add is that it's Mckay...small "k"...for both Billy and Brad.

All those getting it wrong are generating bad joojoo and costing us games.

It's about the only thing that hasn't been blamed yet!

small k from here on in though, just incase! :lol:

• Agree 1

Didn't look to bad a game from the highlights...OFW pulled of some decent saves. Are we playing 5 at the back?

Strange...we've lost fewer games out of the last 10, than the four teams above us, is that good defending or poor defending (i.e. maybe we should have won a couple more) bit of a bummer that St Johnstone managed to get two of their own players sent off without anyone else's help to gift the Accies the points

This is my final word on the penalty incident  V Kilmarnock. I finally found my match password in the wastebasket and used it to go to Donald's video again, the video  for overseas listeners, and reviewed the incident SEVERAL more times just to make sure I didn't miss anything.Here is what I saw :-

In the outfield, quite close to the Caley end of the pitch, Kilmarnock dispossessed our player fairly and then passed the ball forward into open space  for his player to  get. The Killie player quickly latched on to it and started his run towards the goal. At which point in comes Brad at speed and deliberately went directly for the ball, NOT, the player. In fact, had Brad stayed upright on his feet instead of doing his thing, that player would by now probably be a flat pancake and, yes, that WOULD have been a fair  penalty. 

Brad hit the ball BANG-ON. It bobbled and immediately got tangled up in the Killie player's  boots with force and went OFF him and out for a bye kick to ICT. Brad did not appear to hit the player's legs at all with his boots since by then the Killie lad was already airborne AND if the ball had not hit the Killie player at all then it would have gone straight out into touch for a throw-in to Killie.

To the doubters :- There is too much at stake here... 2 lost points is a massive downer and this goal could  completely ruin our season and relegate us to even think of this being an April Fool's joke.

There was no intent whatsoever showing on this video by Brad Mackay to stop, or injure, the Killie player and the tackle was actually fair and well executed. Unless the rules say that a SHORT sliding tackle which is specifically directed at, and gets, the ball is a crime then he is not at fault.  Why Brad Mackay is being pilloried by some folks on here is ridiculous and unfair. And so is this penalty award to Killie. Remember that the ball was so close to the moving Killie player's feet that any tackle against the ball would have upended him, regardless. My blunt assessment is that the referee made another blunder just  because the attacking player fell down despite the fact that he was never actually touched.

I suggest that a link to the incident on video should be put up here so that others can judge the issue for themselves. It's not at all like what some folks imagine. It happened very quickly so, for me to fully appreciate it, I had to focus on different points in the frame each time I re-run it to get the actual full picture. So I have written to Mr. Kenny Cameron asking him to please review the video very carefully and if necessary request the SFA to rescind the goal. I believe this video clearly demonstrates what I claim, above. If you agree you can do the same. Thank you.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic