Inverness CT -V- St Johnstone

Scotty

Another lacklustre performance. Surely the players know we are in a relegation battle, yet they played with such a lack of urgency and desire, that it was embarrassing!!!! Getting beat by 3 goals AT HOME when we should be fighting for our   Top flight survival, shows me there is no chance of staying up !!!!

• Agree 1

Well, that was a kick in the teeth.

We were well on top for the whole of the first half, and certainly looked the more likely to score (though that wasn't saying much) until Cole's moment of lunacy.  And then the team went completely to pieces; St. Johnstone could have scored two more in injury time as we basically lay down and let them walk through us.  It was humiliating.

McCart, McNaughton, Mckay and Polworth (after he was brought on) can hold their heads high.  The rest of them should be embarrassed by their poor performances and complete lack of fight.  The three goals we conceded were all embarrassing - Fon Williams blundered for the first, a stupid penalty given away for the second and a third goal that St. Johnstone literally walked in to the net because all of our players had given up.  Bad teams concede bad goals...and every week we seem to concede really bad goals.

It's hard to fault Foran for his lineup because the first half display was very decent - though it was typical that the day we finally started with a target man was the day that we decided to pass the ball instead of hoof it - but he takes a decent amount of blame for the way we fell apart.  We finished the game with three strikers and no right back in some sort of 3-3-3 formation because he decided to bring on Boden even though Cole had been sent off.

I know other results mean we aren't completely doomed, but it sure feels that way.  We need to start thinking about next season's Championship.  If we can afford to, we need to change manager now - not to save us, not even Jock Stein could keep this lot up - but so the new guy has time to get us prepared properly for next season.  There is no reason left to stick with Foran - 1 WIN IN 21!!! - apart from the cost of paying off the remaining years of his contract.

• Agree 5

An absolute car crash against a team who have nothing to play for.

Anyone who 'still believes' is just lying to themselves now. We have been horrific all season culminating in that today.

poor defending - check

soft goals conceded - check

No creativity - check

tombola selection - check

embarrassing amateur league control and passing - check

A complete clearout from top to bottom is required in my opinion.

Edited by Sir C the 3rd
  • Agree 3

Next week is our last throw of the dice.

Undecided if I will go. Would help if RF just went : not worried whether he is replaced for the final 6 matches.

If we go down (increasingly likely), fingers crossed we can regroup and bounce back.

34 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

And that is my fault ? Get a Feckin grip - and again to me going down from a supporters point of view has many advantages. It could actually maintain our present core support, attract back some who have got peed off with the Premiership and possibly, if we get a good start, actually resurrect ICT. And I would not be surprised if we are joined by our caravan dwelling neighbours.

Relegation will inevitably lead to a loss of jobs, as it did last time, and that responsibility lays firmly at the door of those that created this mess.

Post match Richie says he is 90% to blame for the position we are in and the players 10%. Much as I admire his honesty, the 10% improving is not going to do much. He has been shown amazing loyalty by the fans, given what has been on offer this year, and any other manager would have made to walk the plank a long time ago. If we want to stay up we need to have a change of manager now, if we want to survive in the championship next year the change needs to be made at the end of the season. Much as I like Richie, he clearly doesn't have it. We are really on the edge of the abyss.

So I'll say it and take the pelters for it but bring back terry butcher till the end of the season!he knows the club half the players and regrets leaving inverness.let the abuse begin.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Ahh yes, let's bring back the manager who's finished bottom of our league three times and treated the club like dirt last time he left.  Let's not embarrass ourselves even more.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I've given the manager the benefit of the doubt until now but we were tactically naive today and i can't help feeling some of the manager speak about aggression passion heart from the players is masking a more fundamental and incurable problem resting within the club management. Time for an immediate change.

8 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Ahh yes, let's bring back the manager who's finished bottom of our league three times and treated the club like dirt last time he left.  Let's not embarrass ourselves even more.

Or just carry on with the embrassment that is the management team now.not my first choice but who in there right mind in a job is going to take ours? Butcher nearly pulled it off last time signed half the players at the club and totally regrets leaving inverness.this is not a time for grudges this is a time for survival.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Kenny Cameron grow a set of balls, act now to get rid of Foran. 

Utter disaster today. Such negativity around our club.

We are doomed. Time to re-assess and re-build. 

Awful game. Hard to see any positives at moment. Team is bereft of inspiration, confidence and organisation.Pressing and general workload appeared lacklustre but maybe a case of players shirking the ball due to lack of confidence and pressure getting to them. Things look bleak.

Grim stuff at TCS this afties. Im afraid all signs are that ICT are going down. There is just no sign of any hope, at the end of what has been a very draining season.

As a matter of interest. Anyone like to hazard a guess as to how much it would take to pay Richie off now? 

For me...the Board has to take the lions share of the blame for where ICT find themselves. The Top League is not the place to hand a rookie manager a 4 year contract.

• Agree 4

Good shout! Any more? Nobody in there right mind in a job is going to quit and join us.but rf won't quit so it's up to our chairman to step in.i believe we have the player to get out off this but just not the leadership.

15 minutes ago, ictbob said:

Or just carry on with the embrassment that is the management team now.not my first choice but who in there right mind in a job is going to take ours? Butcher nearly pulled it off last time signed half the players at the club and totally regrets leaving inverness.this is not a time for grudges this is a time for survival.

Even he wouldn't keep us up (after all he blew it last time).  He'd want a fairly wage and would lightning strike twice with us?  Not sure and his record as a manager overall is appalling.  Let's at least try and retain at least some dignity.

15 minutes ago, gordieict said:

Where is Robbo these days? get him in and get some fight and passion in the team for last 6 games 

Jeez, a failed East Fife manager? No thanks.  An even worse suggestion than Butcher.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Quite shocking that a team in so much trouble can't display any real fighting spirit. 3 or 4 were mediocre the rest didn't show anything, i don't buy this nerves lark RF is on about, there supposed to be professionals at the end of the day, show some guts guys

4 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I'd like a foreign manager with new ideas, a new approach and potentially contacts that could open up a new market.

Well who's going to fly in and save us???

We had a few really decent chances to equalise at 0-1 and extended periods of pressure against a top 4 team. Games against St J are always tight but the red card completely and utterly killed the game after Foran had already gone much more attack-minded with substitutions in an attempt to get something from the game. He should have played Polworth from the start. The ref certainly seemed to hail from Perth which didn't help in what had been a tight game pre-sending off. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, caleyblue29 said:

why does the chairman not get some of the flack he appointed rf

Id have understood a 1 year contract, for a rookie mananger. But to hand out a 4 year contract was likely to backfire at some point

• Agree 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic