Inverness CT -V- St Johnstone

Scotty

100% doomed unless action is taken now. No fight, No urgency, No Flair, utter rubbish. Richie to go or step down as manager. Try and get someone in for last 6 games to try and get some drive back. Dont even know who could come in for short term only name thats comes to my mind is Alex Neil but even he would probably run a mile

• Agree 1

The problem is, unless Foran walks (i cant see that happeneing) we would need to pay off 3 yrs on his contract. Likely cost the club £150k. Thats a lot of money for a club our size, who are likely to see a massive drop in revenue next season

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, cif73 said:

We had a few really decent chances to equalise at 0-1 and extended periods of pressure against a top 4 team. Games against St J are always tight but the red card completely and utterly killed the game after Foran had already gone much more attack-minded with substitutions in an attempt to get something from the game. He should have played Polworth from the start. The ref certainly seemed to hail from Perth which didn't help in what had been a tight game pre-sending off. 

I agree with most of that.

First half pretty even and going in 1-0 down a bit harsh. Would like to see the goal again.

We created a few chances and should have done better with a couple, particularly a couple of Cole efforts, a Fisher header and possibly Tremarco's shot. Mckay unlucky to see a great block of one effort, and a couple of opportunities nearly fell to Tansey.

Cole was a disappointment and I would have subbed him rather than Draper. His sending off was unnecessary. I don't think it was a foul but he should have kept his mouth shut.

The last eight minutes were then a disaster. The penalty looked harsh and after that I think we were a 2-4-3 so the inevitable happened and it could easily have been 4 or 5.

McNaughton burst a gut and presumably ran out of steam. McCart unlucky to be sacrificed. Mckay worked hard. King tried hard when he came on.

Not much to say for the others, and unlike some I was not impressed by Polworth.

Then to find Warren got sent off in the tunnel....

For the first time this season, I am struggling to see a way of staying up. We must get a result at Motherwell, but the rub of the green is against us. Hopefully that changes, we are due one!

As for the ref, one of the worst displays I have seen in a long time, but we can't hide from the fact we are the cause of our own position.

The booing was disappointing at both half time and full time, that can't help the players, even if some of them were poor.

Edited by Robert

Still shell-shocked and in a rip of a mood. First half, we were decent, but had that look of a team that had no confidence in front of goal, with hurried shots or taking too much time. Then the sucker punch, which was yet another soft goal. We were OK for spells in the 2nd half, but only created a couple of decent chances.....then....

WTF were the subs about?! Our best 2 players had been McCart and McNaughton....both subbed! Thee defence from then on was an utter mare. Cole's sending off was petty and stupid. Warren's in the tunnel is inexcusable and simply reflected his horror show for the last 20 min. The only good thing to come from today is that Foran will have to play McCart and Laing in a back four....but who knows what he'll do?!

Foran should have fallen on his sword long ago if hereally loved the club as much as he claims. He is frankly deluded and clueless, but I'm afraid it is too late even of he were to do the honourable thing (which he won't). The game is up and my heart goes out to those that will lose their jobs as a consequence. If you add the youth academy to the likely list of casualties, the final link with the community will be broken. Things are so bad that I even think bringing in a certain Judas TB would be qoeth considering - and I absolutely hate him!

• Agree 4

Where does one start. I'll start with Laing. I lost count of the number of passes he sprayed into the stands or out of the park. Shockingly poor distribution. Drape I'm afraid looks a spent force. Warren same as Draper and apparently sent off in the tunnel. Bye Bye Gary. Fon Williams......... I just don't know anymore, palmed the sharp cross right into the feet of the St Johnstone strikers. Only Miles Storey could miss a chance like that. Kev played well enough but maybe needs more stamina as he was subbed, McCart, never really noticed him but on the other hand he probably never did much wrong. Cole looked lively at times. Aggrieved to be sent off, and rightly so. Fouled as he broke forward, spoke to the ref who booked him, must have said something else and was sin binned. Tansey not perfect but probably the best of a bad bunch. Tremarco Gave away the penalty and never threatened enough going forward. That's probably credit to St Johnstone who had us sussed and shut us down high up the park. Fisher, wanted more game time, got it, and vindicated Foran's decision not to play him more often.  Billy, well he always gives his all but even he was getting frustrated at the lack of opportunities being created. King played well when he came on, reminded us how it felt like to play with a winger at times. Polworth should have been on from the start and Boden was....... well Boden, absolutely anonymous. 

This may all seem a bit harsh, but it's been coming in our season of demise. As for Richie Foran, a really likeable geezer, but give me a break. I know quite a few guys that went out of their way at the end to express their displeasure rather than make their way to the nearest hostelry to drown their sorrows. 

All is not lost yet, but it's very close to becoming our second relegation.

• Agree 2

Did I miss anyone. Oh aye, wtf does Brian Rice do, get him off the wage bill now.

Regards

Mr Noah Happy Bunny xxx

Edited to add....... Hats off to Tommy Wright who has once again shown that he can work miracles with a mediocre bunch of players. I'm almost convinced that season on season we have better individuals, but as a team and a stubborn one at that, St Johnstone buck the trend and rip up the form books every season. Well played them and Tommy Wright.

• Agree 6

If Warren got sent off in the tunnel he is a TOTAL feckin disgrace - he is supposed to be our feckin captain. Oh HO HO - lets miss a couple of crucial games.

Should I go to the expense of travelling to Motherwell or Kilmarnock - when the squad do not appear to give a feck ?

Sorry but we CURRENTLY have a squad of players capable of Top Six. If we had produced performances we would have attracted a few more in attendance figures BUT the team have simply have not been managed properly. Again Foran was an average player, played fer the shirt, gave everything, was popular BUT had no experience of coaching or managing and unfortunately has FAILED. The BOARD are to blame fer promoting him taking a massive risk, probably because he was cheap and THEY gave him a long term contract in the HOPE that he would succeed. THE BOARD ARE ULTIMATELY TO BLAME FER THIS. Unless we clear the Board OR get ONE voice in control - ONE who has football experience - and get in some experienced coach we will linger outside the top league fer ever.

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

If Warren got sent off in the tunnel he is a TOTAL feckin disgrace - he is supposed to be our feckin captain. 

Agreed. Another sign of our disarray.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Sorry but we CURRENTLY have a squad of players capable of Top Six.

Not if they get sent off in the tunnel! 

I said this the other day, and nobody reacted. So I'll say it again. If our players are as good as some folks here make out, why haven't THEY done something to sort themselves out? Experienced pros, playing at the top level in the country, should be able to see where the problems are, and then try to address them.

I agree that the manager and coaching staff should take a lot of the stick, but the players themselves are not blameless.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

Well, that was a kick in the teeth.

We were well on top for the whole of the first half, and certainly looked the more likely to score (though that wasn't saying much) until Cole's moment of lunacy.  And then the team went completely to pieces; St. Johnstone could have scored two more in injury time as we basically lay down and let them walk through us.  It was humiliating.

McCart, McNaughton, Mckay and Polworth (after he was brought on) can hold their heads high.  The rest of them should be embarrassed by their poor performances and complete lack of fight.  The three goals we conceded were all embarrassing - Fon Williams blundered for the first, a stupid penalty given away for the second and a third goal that St. Johnstone literally walked in to the net because all of our players had given up.  Bad teams concede bad goals...and every week we seem to concede really bad goals.

It's hard to fault Foran for his lineup because the first half display was very decent - though it was typical that the day we finally started with a target man was the day that we decided to pass the ball instead of hoof it - but he takes a decent amount of blame for the way we fell apart.  We finished the game with three strikers and no right back in some sort of 3-3-3 formation because he decided to bring on Boden even though Cole had been sent off.

I know other results mean we aren't completely doomed, but it sure feels that way.  We need to start thinking about next season's Championship.  If we can afford to, we need to change manager now - not to save us, not even Jock Stein could keep this lot up - but so the new guy has time to get us prepared properly for next season.  There is no reason left to stick with Foran - 1 WIN IN 21!!! - apart from the cost of paying off the remaining years of his contract.

It's amazing how we looked like a decent team when we beat Ranger's, but we haven't got anywhere near the formation or results since then!

I'm hearing Warren was sent off after the match for something he said in the tunnel, that may be a blessing in disguise as McCart, Laing and McNaughton should probably be contesting the two CB places (although I see McNaughton went off with an hour to go...was he injured?

I'm assuming Mulraney is not fully fit, as he didn't get on the pitch today, meanwhile Boden, who for a long time looked like 'persona non grata' did!

I appreciate John Hughes rather flounced off in a huff at the end of last season, but it's hard to be convinced that the board has played a good hand over the past year.

I was rather hoping we might stay up via the play-offs, but I now I'm looking at possible away trips in the championship for next year!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

And that is my fault ? Get a Feckin grip - and again to me going down from a supporters point of view has many advantages. It could actually maintain our present core support, attract back some who have got peed off with the Premiership and possibly, if we get a good start, actually resurrect ICT. And I would not be surprised if we are joined by our caravan dwelling neighbours.

Absolute garbage. Just because you like going on the pish in Ayr, Dumfries, etc.doesn't make this good for the club I'm any way. Relegation would be an absolute disaster, even more so if our neighbours stay up. 

The real blame here needs to reside at the door of the clueless, faceless board who are utterly invisible and show no direction, vision or aptitude to manage a Premiership club.

• Agree 13

The sending off completely changed the game.

We controlled the match well and played more of a passing game yet St Johnstone had a couple of clear cut chances in front of goal, so we were pretty fortunate not to get turned over today.

The opposition also struggled to keep their own passes on the park for spells of the game. After going a goal down, other results were going our way and a draw looked to be on the cards but after the sending off  St Johnstone woke up and played some really good football, by the time the second goal went in we struggled to even get the ball back.

Charlie Christie used to take the players away to do different activities. Maybe it's what's needed prior to our next away trip.

Whether it's a family day out at Landmark or a rib ride at Cromarty, just something that's a wee break away from the game prior to heading down the road.

Decide to google "Stephen Finnie referee" to see what today's ref was about. One of the top hits was a Pie & Bovril thread headed "Stephen Finnie - Worst Referee in Scotland?" ... an entertaining and illuminating read. Had I read it beforehand, nothing at today's game would have been a surprise.

• Agree 2

In two minds about todays performance.

A) We played some of the best passing football I've seen this season, dominated the game for about 80 minutes and created enough chances to be 3 or 4 goals up.

B) Failed to take any of our numerous chances, conceded soft goals, had no plan B and fell to pieces against an opponent who didn't even play well.

It's the same story week after week. St Johnstone looked a very mediocre team there for the taking. That such a limited side are a whopping 24 points ahead of us tells the story of how pathetic a season we've had so far.

Cole's red card was a disgrace. Yes the referee had a shocker, but FFS to continue hurling abuse at him even after he's just shown you a yellow for dissent is pub league stuff. That this happened literally seconds before he was about to be substituted sums up our luck at the moment. As the saying goes, when you're down the bottom absolutely nothing goes your way. 

If Warren got himself red carded in the tunnel that's also a disgrace. To be fair he's probably one of the most committed, passionate players to ever wear a Caley shirt and I can only imagine the frustration he was feeling out there but FFS man! This meltdown might actually be a blessing in disguise if it forces Foran (or whoever is managing us next week) to revert to a back 4 with Laing (NOT A MIDFIELDER!) at centre half. 

Can't deny that Warren is having a shocking season, but he's not alone in that regard (Draper, Vigurs, Fon Williams etc). For those saying he's 'done' I would say there's been a massive regression in performance levels across the board this season. A change in training methods, game preparation, system and tactics could be just the jump start he (and our whole team!) needs. The whole 'who should be bin next season' conversation currently taking place is putting the cart before the horse IMO.

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Where does one start. I'll start with Laing. I lost count of the number of passes he sprayed into the stands or out of the park. Shockingly poor distribution. Drape I'm afraid looks a spent force. Warren same as Draper and apparently sent off in the tunnel. Bye Bye Gary. Fon Williams......... I just don't know anymore, palmed the sharp cross right into the feet of the St Johnstone strikers. Only Miles Storey could miss a chance like that. Kev played well enough but maybe needs more stamina as he was subbed, McCart, never really noticed him but on the other hand he probably never did much wrong. Cole looked lively at times. Aggrieved to be sent off, and rightly so. Fouled as he broke forward, spoke to the ref who booked him, must have said something else and was sin binned. Tansey not perfect but probably the best of a bad bunch. Tremarco Gave away the penalty and never threatened enough going forward. That's probably credit to St Johnstone who had us sussed and shut us down high up the park. Fisher, wanted more game time, got it, and vindicated Foran's decision not to play him more often.  Billy, well he always gives his all but even he was getting frustrated at the lack of opportunities being created. King played well when he came on, reminded us how it felt like to play with a winger at times. Polworth should have been on from the start and Boden was....... well Boden, absolutely anonymous. 

This may all seem a bit harsh, but it's been coming in our season of demise. As for Richie Foran, a really likeable geezer, but give me a break. I know quite a few guys that went out of their way at the end to express their displeasure rather than make their way to the nearest hostelry to drown their sorrows. 

All is not lost yet, but it's very close to becoming our second relegation.

Didn't read this. It's all about the darts. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ymip said:

Absolute garbage. Just because you like going on the pish in Ayr, Dumfries, etc.doesn't make this good for the club I'm any way. Relegation would be an absolute disaster, even more so if our neighbours stay up. 

The real blame here needs to reside at the door of the clueless, faceless board who are utterly invisible and show no direction, vision or aptitude to manage a Premiership club.

SACK THE BOARD 

1 hour ago, ymip said:

Well like your second sentence - We are practically relegated now - and the last time that we went down - going on the pissh and winning was quite feckin nice. Of course IT aint NICE but it may fecjkin happen again. OH BY THE FECKIN WAY - WHAT IS WRONG WITH GOING ON THE PISH AWAY ?

• Agree 1

The manager, some of the players and the board must hang their heads in shame.

How to fix it is a big question. - possibly

1. Get rid of Foran

2. Bring a strong fix it man like Butcher

3. make big changes ot the board structure

4. Replace the erring players.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic