David Godwillie

Kingsmills

I see that Goodwillie scored a hat trick for Clyde today which may go a long way to save them from the prospect of being relegated out of the SPFL.

Personally, I would rather see our family oriented club relegated, as it's looking increasingly likely we will be, than sign a man who has been judicially determined to be a vile rapist even if that was guaranteed to save us.

There are more important things in life and more important moral values than football.

• Agree 1

Clyde do have a bit of previous with this (they had Adam Strachan and Alan Lithgow previously) but I think it shows what dire straits they're in.  Interesting though isn't it?  Just over a decade ago they were essentially a win away from the SPL and now after two successive relegations and years in the wilderness they're on the brink of the Lowland League.  

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:58 PM, Kingsmills said:

I see that Goodwillie scored a hat trick for Clyde today which may go a long way to save them from the prospect of being relegated out of the SPFL.

Personally, I would rather see our family oriented club relegated, as it's looking increasingly likely we will be, than sign a man who has been judicially determined to be a vile rapist even if that was guaranteed to save us.

There are more important things in life and more important moral values than football.

Where ever has it been rumoured that we have ever been linked with this piece of filth ?

It was mentioned last season when he went on loan from Aberdeen to County -

Some quarters had us as being potential club then and also for at the end of that season, fortunately he was crap at County and we'd never have managed to afford him at that time

On 16/04/2017 at 2:26 PM, Renegade said:

Clyde do have a bit of previous with this (they had Adam Strachan and Alan Lithgow previously) but I think it shows what dire straits they're in.  Interesting though isn't it?  Just over a decade ago they were essentially a win away from the SPL and now after two successive relegations and years in the wilderness they're on the brink of the Lowland League.  

Just to be pedantic, they were actually only a draw away from the SPL. If Hissy hadn't scored for us with 11 minutes left, they would have been champions. You're right though, the club is a shambles from top to bottom.  As it is, I think they'll finish above 10th because Cowden have a harder finish. Cowden have potential champions Forfar at home then Elgin away, so even if Clyde and Berwick lose their remaining fixtures, Cowden are unlikely to catch either of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Also in the striking ranks Clyde have ex-Kirkie Rob Roy David Gormley (who before either club was in the hapless Ayr United team that lost 7-0 to ICT in the Butcher promotion year).

I'd rather Clyde filled the bottom spot in a year when the other tenants of Broadwood, Cumbernauld Colts, won the Lowland League. That would be a play-off to savour.

Main memories of away games at Clyde - terrific match programme, terrible pies.