Scotty

Just getting round to reading the post match comments from RF. 'We lack warriors' - that'll be why our most combative player was benched.

I have stated before that out of all the teams we lacked the experience and mentality to fight relegation in comparison to motherwell, Hamilton and killie - shame it's taken til game 34 for the management to recognise it although coming out in the media now will only open the dressing room divide and crush confidence further. Bad comments and worse timing now.#lost the plot

• Agree 6

Foran said post match we needed "nasty lads" so why the hell was Ross Draper on the bench last night. He is the one player you can rely on getting stuck in and winding the opposition up. Forans comments after games are embarrassing and show just how out of his depth he is. Nothing he says makes any sense.

Edited by SteveA
  • Agree 2

The last 15 minutes felt like hours.  We barely touched the ball while the County youth lads came on and past the ball round us like it was a training exercise.  Stayed until the end to applaud Fisher though.  At least he deserved some credit.

• Agree 2

58 minutes ago, Potandbrush said:

Only one man to blame and he knows it.

KENNY CAMERON

The quicker he goes the better . One word best describes him. USELESS

52 minutes ago, davieB said:

Ach, we just need to win our last 4 games. 12 points still available. 4 cup finals etc etc etc etc...... 

Got out of my sick bed as I had a sense of loyalty which none of our players have. Disgraceful performance. Vigurs as captain a joke and Draper on the bench shows what a backside Foran has made of this. 

Where on earth are our young stars of the future? What do Messrs Christie and Shearer do all day. I could not name one up and coming Ross, Christie or Polworth? Why are we almost bottom of the Development League? When you look at the likes of that mob over the bridge, Hamilton, Kilmarnock we are light years behind. Apparently Kilmarnock ended the game up here just a few weeks ago with 8 teenagers on the park. Foran has been a disaster but the youth coaches and talent spotters who used to bring the likes of the Shinnies to the club are posted missing, sack them too and start again.

3 hours ago, Renegade said:

the County youth lads came on and past the ball round us

Got me thinking, it is quite likely that in the summer we will be trying to sign or borrow players who aren't good enough for County's first team. Who'd even have contemplated that a year or two ago?

Well - What can one say? - totally depressing for me and I have only supported the team for 8 years . I can't begin to understand how long time fans are feeling.

It may be a double whammy for me as my boyhood team needs to get a result tomorrow at Southend to keep their status.

I have seen many promotions and relegations in my time - I have lost count.

Alright it is not a mathematical fact that Caley are down but it would take the " Lucky Man's ", bracelet to get to the play -off .

They ( whoever they are )  say the league table doesn't lie - I think "they" are right. Only one real performance of note , was the home game against Celtic in my opinion.

Caley will have to regroup , they have done it before , they can do it again, With Hibernian and possibly Dundee United out of the way , it is possible.

I don't know who to blame , several candidates and events come to mind, But  it wont help to dwell on spilt milk.  I certainly don't blame the manager.

Many years ago when I was a teenager Bury were relegated from what is now the championship. The board sacked the manager , the Bury fans demonstrated at great length against the decision, outside the ground , to such an extent that Shannon was reinstated , the following season the team gained promotion back to  Division two as it was .  Shannon resigned having made his point.

I hope Richie Foran  stays and shows everybody what he can do.

One thing that puzzles me when I consider our predicament- how the hell did we beat Rangers?! Basically we are a shambles of a team that is without a league win in 6 months or 23 games, apart from this absolute aberration in the middle of it. How did it happen, beating one of the better teams in the league, and why couldn't we win before or since?  :blink:

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

One thing that puzzles me when I consider our predicament- how the hell did we beat Rangers?! Basically we are a shambles of a team that is without a league win in 6 months or 23 games, apart from this absolute aberration in the middle of it. How did it happen, beating one of the better teams in the league, and why couldn't we win before or since?  :blink:

rangers were on a dreadful run at the time we beat them , 1 win in 10 or something .

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

One thing that puzzles me when I consider our predicament- how the hell did we beat Rangers?!

Yngwie.... on that one I would quote Greavsie: "It's a funny old game". This is one of the ironies of which football is full. One thing needs to be said of the aftermath of this joint worst defeat by County - the questions to be asked have become a lot clearer. Top of my list is (totally objectively) - How far does lack of money go to explain the current predicament? Is there more to it? Majority opinion seems to think so and the extent of that answer may go a long way to defining the future of Caley Thistle. When I hear people of the calibre of Charlie Christie and Barry Wilson saying what they have said, I have to take this very seriously. These are highly intelligent guys, ICT playing legends and, in their different ways, intimately knowledgeable, who have come to separate but quite consistent conclusions. The appraisal of the state of Denmark in Hamlet painfully appeals.

This prompts the supplementaries: Would the Board, in a hypothetically revisionist situation, change any previous employment decisions? and ...Does the Board regret having shrunk into a shell of uncommunicative anonymity in recent years, relying only on a "Hitler in The Bunker" unworldly Twitterfeed to support its position?

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

13 hours ago, Laurence said:

Well - What can one say? - totally depressing for me and I have only supported the team for 8 years . I can't begin to understand how long time fans are feeling.

It may be a double whammy for me as my boyhood team needs to get a result tomorrow at Southend to keep their status.

Alright it is not a mathematical fact that Caley are down but it would take the " Lucky Man's ", bracelet to get to the play -off .

They ( whoever they are )  say the league table doesn't lie - I think "they" are right. Only one real performance of note , was the home game against Celtic in my opinion.

Caley will have to regroup , they have done it before , they can do it again, With Hibernian and possibly Dundee United out of the way , it is possible.

I don't know who to blame , several candidates and events come to mind, But  it wont help to dwell on spilt milk.  I certainly don't blame the manager.

Many years ago when I was a teenager Bury were relegated from what is now the championship. The board sacked the manager , the Bury fans demonstrated at great length against the decision, outside the ground , to such an extent that Shannon was reinstated , the following season the team gained promotion back to  Division two as it was .  Shannon resigned having made his point.

Laurence - what team do you actually support mate since you want 'Foran the Failure' to stay? 

Edited by Guest

15 hours ago, Laurence said:

"Hope Richie Foran stays" you are having a joke surely. Have you not been to a game this season, read a newspaper or have access to a TV or radio. 

We have the worst record in top league football in Scotland & England.

With his football tactics, signings, and playing the wrong player in the wrong positions constantly, team selections, freezing players out (Alex Fisher) & instead playing his own signing in Henri Anier( who has been bloody awful ), his cringe worthy after game interviews where he constantly blames his players apparently in the latest he states "Maybe I should have signed a couple of warriors, a couple of REAL MEN". If Richie was a REAL MAN he would have left at Christmas!. Instead dragging the club down to the point of relegation, job losses etc etc.

End of rant.

We have seen what Richie can do & please can he resign now please!

• Agree 7

4 minutes ago, CaleyMax said:

"Hope Richie Foran stays" you are having a joke surely. Have you not been to a game this season, read a newspaper or have access to a TV or radio. 

We have the worst record in top league football in Scotland & England.

With his football tactics, signings, and playing the wrong player in the wrong positions constantly, team selections, freezing players out (Alex Fisher) & instead playing his own signing in Henri Anier( who has been bloody awful ), his cringe worthy after game interviews where he constantly blames his players apparently in the latest he states "Maybe I should have signed a couple of warriors, a couple of REAL MEN". If Richie was a REAL MAN he would have left at Christmas!. Instead dragging the club down to the point of relegation, job losses etc etc.

End of rant.

We have seen what Richie can do & please can he resign now please!

Oh and that silly beard he persisted with just plain embarrassing. Should have sacked for that alone!!!

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Players mentality - once RF lost the dressing room (if he ever had it) the players just don't or can't play for him due to his tactical and management naivety. However they also wont want to be embarrassed by the likes of Celtic, Rangers or even Aberdeen so against the odds step it up - perhaps this lures RF into a false sense where he thinks this can happen every time. I look at England and the Chelsea situation last year and Leicester this as to teams who could step it up against top class teams yet had zero care or motivation to beat those at the lower levels. No idea why but I believe on paper we have a much better tried and tested team than much of the top 6.

Remember when we started the season winning in the League cup and looking good, then failed in the league to win for a period then there was a 'clear the air' with the players and we went on a run of a few good results before faltering again. Did the players tell RF how they wanted set up and formation/tactics but then his ego got the better of him and he wanted to implement his own plan which failed then loosing all player respect.

Regardless of whats said, 1 or 2 players to loose form for a period is accepted during a season but for a group of proven players to be as poor as we have seen suggests there is something much more wrong.

• Agree 2

Sad, so very sad to see what has become of ICT this season. Even sadder when I think about Friday's game as County were no world beaters and were beatable but when you gift them 3 goals, and we have gifted goals all season, then we have no chance. I actually bumped into RF on Friday morning and he appeared relaxed and upbeat, confident even so what happened between then and Friday night is anyone's guess but the loss of the first goal, and the manner of it killed us.

As for blame, while RF is culpable as the manager, the board are much more culpable for putting him in this position. What is even more worrying for me, as some others have pointed out, is that we seem to have no long term plan/strategy for the club. We seem to have minimal development of young players, a scouting system that doesn't work and absolutely no fan engagement with the board. We should be encouraging greater links with Highland League clubs to develop/scout players and, IMO, should consider leaving the U20 league and loan players out to the Highland League to aid their development. It seems that the fans can easily come up with ways to take the club forward but the board cannot. Business men, don't make me laugh!.

Community buy out anyone?

• Scotty unpinned and unfeatured this topic