Scotty

heads-in-sand.gif

4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Remember when we started the season winning in the League cup and looking good, then failed in the league to win for a period 

The writing was on the wall for me last August when we lost to Partick, were knocked out of the League Cup by Alloa, lost to County and hammered 5-1 by Hearts. Something was wrong and alarm bells were ringing. These were audible warnings just above the sound of happy clapping and Foran love-ins breaking the otherwise silent Highland air. The images of Ostriches burying their heads in the sand is one that typifies our board, refusing to a man to identify any shortcoming.

Therein lies the problem.

• Agree 1

On Holiday at the moment and didn't see the game... scoreline was an absolute shocker. That win against the Rangers seems such a long time ago! As I said last season when Yogi was moaning about transfer budgets and fans were moaning about 'tiki taka' possession football and looking for him to go over the David Raven non-contract, that we might rue his departure. To be fair to the board they are pretty much running the club on a shoestring....that 3rd place and Cup win was definitely punching well above our weight. I think they probably engineered Hughes out of the club as they couldn't afford his ambition.

There's not a shadow of a doubt we're down and I'm sorry to say that RF has made quite a mess of things (was there much doubt about that in reality?). We won't return with him at the helm. Next season Falkirk, St Mirren, Dundee United and Livingston will contest the Championship and unless we sort the management out we will be contesting the bottom places. That said I have highlighted several away grounds that I hope to get to!

• Agree 3

Sad thing is County have also had an absolutely dreadful season and their fans have also being shouting for their manager duo to be sacked up until the last few weeks

To get humped so badly in a derby with no fight no passion and no bad tackles tell me our players have already given up the ghost and knew relegation was already on the horizon

Draper and McKay should have been the first two names on the starting line up, the dressing room is  obviously in turmoil 

Also the so called young team, how many times do they need to be told to not let off smoke bombs?

Whoever the moron was that threw one on when we were about to take the corner should be banned from ICT games for life let's be honest they have become an absolute embarrassment to this club the fact that some defend them because they create an atmosphere no longer cuts it with me

If we do indeed go down let's hope they go and follow either sides of the old firm where their antics will be more welcome

Dougal

• Agree 8

15 minutes ago, dougal said:

Whoever the moron was that threw one on when we were about to take the corner should be banned from ICT games for life let's be honest they have become an absolute embarrassment to this club the fact that some defend them because they create an atmosphere no longer cuts it with me

Dougal.... for the first time in my life, I have given you a green dot for most of that post! :lol:

• Agree 2

Watched Sportscene last night and it's quite clear that County knew how one-footed Esson is, as they pressed him quite a few times in that manner on Friday.  His lack of a right foot was always going to come back and bite him eventually and it's absolutely unacceptable that a professional footballer can't use both feet.  He's been in the game for years, it should be second nature to him by now.

• Disagree 1

I can understand that a lot of people are getting on my back, over Richie Foran.  I seem to remember he was a popular choice on his appointment.

What do I know, but lynching the manager is a popular remedy for failure.  It can work look at Leicester City, But not Birmingham City. Managing a football club is not easy especially with no cash.  Guys have left the club for pastures new , usually Aberdeen or Dundee because of one thing cash.  Hughes left because he couldn't pay his players the going rate.

Managing in a lower division , who can we attract ?  I am not jumping on the sack the manager bandwagon . I realise it is just my opinion, but I am not convinced he ( Foran ) is incapable of managing with the proper resources.  - Have another go at me chaps, I can't help the way I feel. As in the last line of " Gone With the Wind " Tomorrow is another day "

We have nothing to lose in the next few games, let's blast the hell out of the opponents.

• Agree 3

50 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

If there is any evidence whatsoever that Foran can manage, then please enlighten us.

5-1 win over Dunfermline, draw with unbeaten Celtic, beating Rangers. Surely they count for at least something?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

23 minutes ago, chedan1 said:

5-1 win over Dunfermline, draw with unbeaten Celtic, beating Rangers. Surely they count for at least something?

Unfortunately winning just once in our last 23 games counts for more. Taking points off the likes of Rangers and Celtic is always great but our season is largely defined on points taken against the likes of Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Dundee and so on and this is something that we haven't done this season for a long time.

Just now, The Long Man said:

You're clutching at straws there. The one bright spot was the win against Rangers. Did Foran learn from that and build on it? No.

This was one of my biggest bugbears with Foran. Good performances against Dundee and Saint Johnstone earlier int he season and later against Hearts and Rangers and instead of keeping that same approach to games he changed it and results faltered thereafter. I know you can't play the same way every single week and you need wee tweaks here and there but it seemed bizarre to have these good games and see players like Tansey coming to the fray after looking lost for weeks only to change the set up again and then the likes of Tansey went back to being completely ill effective. He never seemed to want to build on good results and changed things around again, results again became poor but then he strangely started to stick with defensive and narrow setups.

• Agree 2

On 28/04/2017 at 10:19 PM, RednBlackComeback said:

Foran shouldn't be made the scapegoat. The hierarchy must take responsibility for their actions or, more appropriately, inactions !!

Foran applied for the job fckin right he should be the scapegoat guys a clown get him out soon as this mare of a seasons over never win championship with him in charge 

• Agree 3

21 hours ago, Laurence said:

I can understand that a lot of people are getting on my back, over Richie Foran.  I seem to remember he was a popular choice on his appointment.

What do I know, but lynching the manager is a popular remedy for failure.  It can work look at Leicester City, But not Birmingham City. Managing a football club is not easy especially with no cash.  Guys have left the club for pastures new , usually Aberdeen or Dundee because of one thing cash.  Hughes left because he couldn't pay his players the going rate.

Managing in a lower division , who can we attract ?  I am not jumping on the sack the manager bandwagon . I realise it is just my opinion, but I am not convinced he ( Foran ) is incapable of managing with the proper resources.  - Have another go at me chaps, I can't help the way I feel. As in the last line of " Gone With the Wind " Tomorrow is another day "

We have nothing to lose in the next few games, let's blast the hell out of the opponents.

Are you on crystal meth bud forans the problem hes killing the club mans a clueless bullyboy

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

46 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Are you on crystal meth bud forans the problem hes killing the club mans a clueless bullyboy

Are you for real!!! I understand we're all hurting but this seems a bit personal tbh 

IMG_0215.JPG

Edited by jagster
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, jagster said:

Are you for real!!! I understand we're all hurting but this seems a bit personal tbh 

IMG_0215.JPG

Sometimes you can tell a lot about a poster and to what level to consider or disregard their views by the standard of their writing and ahem...their profile photo.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

14 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Hmm, Tuesday already. Been struck dumb since Friday night. The haggis pies were lukewarm too.

Maybe a couple of drams of the rare whisky that Billy Fish gave you softened the blow?

• Agree 1

I seem to have a lot on my shoulders, being blamed for relegation

What next the stocks, or the ducking stool, or been tied to a tree and set alight

All I tried to do was point out that a young man in his first job was given no cash.

How many other  managers would have done better with a boracic club.

You can't get blood out of a stone

47 minutes ago, Laurence said:

All I tried to do was point out that a young man in his first job was given no cash.

How many other  managers would have done better

The more pertinent question is who could have done worse.

He was given a big increase in funds in January but didn't improve the team's performances and results, quite the opposite, in fact.

• Agree 3

^ Agreed, the board backed him with signing Billy along with bringing in Laing, Ebbe & McCart plus last summer we saw Brad, MacNaughton (who wont be cheap), Cole, King, Mulraney, Doumbaye & Boden all come in, that's significant backing IMO. Other than last season when we had 'significant' injuries I don't recall as many players being brought into the club.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

^ Agreed, the board backed him with signing Billy along with bringing in Laing, Ebbe & McCart plus last summer we saw Brad, MacNaughton (who wont be cheap), Cole, King, Mulraney, Doumbaye & Boden all come in, that's significant backing IMO. Other than last season when we had 'significant' injuries I don't recall as many players being brought into the club.

^ This!!

4 hours ago, Laurence said:

I seem to have a lot on my shoulders, being blamed for relegation

What next the stocks, or the ducking stool, or been tied to a tree and set alight

How many other  managers would have done better with a boracic club.

You can't get blood out of a stone

I am going to have a guess now, but are you actually Richie's Mum using a pseudonym?. Tell the truth now as the suspense is killing me!

If not you must be Roy MacGregor and your just on here to take the mick!!

Edited by CaleyMax
Addition
  • Agree 1

• Scotty unpinned and unfeatured this topic