FORAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaleyMax

OUT? Should never have been appointed. Board went for cheap option and why pay for another coach now. They did not invest when they should have on back of cup run and good league runs. Always scared of going down and they are now paying the price now. Are the two stands still rented as was cheap option 

• Agree 1

Should have gone months ago. I'll not be back until he's punted and the fool(s) that gave him a 4 year contract are sacked. This group of players were capable of 6th and we're getting relegated without a whimper and with a great deal of indiscipline. Where's the leadership? Warren, Cole, Polworth and probably Mulraney all banned at a critical part of the season. What about all those training injuries? Apparently Fisher's currently at right back....eh?

please, Richie: Admit defeat and give us half a chance to regroup next season and at least compete...

I will not be back to watch this garbage as long as you're there, pal.

• Agree 1

Yes, time to go. He can take all his garbage signings with him as well. 

Time to rebuild as a Championship team.

That is where we are heading for sure. 

Can't believe he said we are still in it if we our last four games. 

People get put in straight jackets for saying more sensible things!!

Edited by Guest

All these new calls now for foran to go - he won't. The signs were there since Hamilton away and loosing 3-0 - then we looked awful and we're heading to relegation. 3 months on nothing has really changed, another pathetic defeat but we still aren't relegated yet. Those of us who had seen the signs and made the comments earlier under criticism are not resigned to how it is.

7 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Just out of curiosity, is there anybody left who still believes that Foran should stay and be managing us in the Championship next season ?

Aye............Richie Foran's MASSIVE EGO!

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, CaleyMax said:

He has no idea about Football, he is the weakest link GTF

GTF is too harsh for someone who contributed so much as a player. However, I do agree that no matter how good and committed he was as a player for us, he has proved to be a hopeless and clueless manager with no sign of improving. On the contrary, he is getting worse and worse and has to go or be made to go and go now.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

GTF is too harsh for someone who contributed so much as a player. However, I do agree that no matter how good and committed he was as a player for us, he has proved to be a hopeless and clueless manager with no sign of improving. On the contrary, he is getting worse and worse and has to go or be made to go and go now.

......................or failing that, the psychology has to be 'that we will try and lose the final four games'. That would certainly upset the apple cart because until now it has been 'we are aiming for the top six'   - never ever hit that target -...'I am letting the club and supporters down'..-until Xmas we had great belief in Richie as a new manager getting it right - 'the next game is a must win'.- we have failed that one in most cases with the exception of Elgin away and four SPFL games -.'we need 7 points out of the next 9' - 'we failed that'.  

If we actually try and lose, maybe we will win!!  If we could fail that four times we might escape. Asking for wins is just not sensible.

Last night, as was the case against St Johnstone too, we started very well and then four errors gifted County four goals. We did not try to lose but under pressure made some basic errors. We cannot blame the referee here.

All eyes on Dundee today who are now convinced they can aim for 7th!!!!! Let's hope they lose and we get a chance to try and lose all four of our remaining games!!! 

32 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Reality check please! Fans need to stop living in the past and start living in the present, it is irrelevant now as to how much Richie gave as a player. There is no doubt that as a manager he has failed this club and will undoubtedly go down in history as a manager who lacked experience and the insight to know when to walk away so yes GTF Richie!

• Agree 2

I'd always wondered, what is the opposite of "the Midas touch", and now we have an answer. Everything Foran touches turns to sh1t - results, tactics, workrate, togetherness, fitness, and the form of numerous talented or promising players. That's some going in such a short spell in charge.

• Agree 1

Right so I understand the obvious frustrations with foran and I ain't happy at our worst season In years...

but this is how I think it will (and financially has to) go.

it would cost upwards of £150k to boot foran before we consider rices contract.

we are highly likely to be going down and will lose money. I can't see the board punting foran with the potential costs involved (unless there are any clauses we don't know about)

no one new is going to change what happens in 4 games and that is a fact.

richie will most likely stay and will be booted if after 3/4 months we aren't in the top two of the championship should our relegation be confirmed in the next few days. 

I am not saying I am entirely happy with this but rather than kill the club completely maybe we have to accept this severe injury and rehabilitate the best we can.

im sure lots of you will disagree and that's fine but I'm trying to be realistic about what will happen and not go on about what I want to happen.

i will forever support the club as that is what a true fan does - through the good and the bad. Let's hope this will be the low point and we build and become a strong club once again.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

GTF = Get To Fort william fc

Which is the level Richie should be managing at  :lol:

• Agree 4

11 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Just out of curiosity, is there anybody left who still believes that Foran should stay and be managing us in the Championship next season ?

There probably is but I now put my hands up and admit he was a very bad choice. 

• Agree 2

In my view his position is completely untenable now. His press comments only add to the depth of the hole he has dug for himself. He should resign in the next few weeks, and take some responsibility instead of childishly trying to blame everybody else. After he leaves he will blame ICT, who gave him the chance of his career. We need to look to the future now.

Edited by The Long Man
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, PerthICT said:

Right so I understand the obvious frustrations with foran and I ain't happy at our worst season In years...

but this is how I think it will (and financially has to) go.

it would cost upwards of £150k to boot foran before we consider rices contract.

we are highly likely to be going down and will lose money. I can't see the board punting foran with the potential costs involved (unless there are any clauses we don't know about)

no one new is going to change what happens in 4 games and that is a fact.

richie will most likely stay and will be booted if after 3/4 months we aren't in the top two of the championship should our relegation be confirmed in the next few days. 

I am not saying I am entirely happy with this but rather than kill the club completely maybe we have to accept this severe injury and rehabilitate the best we can.

im sure lots of you will disagree and that's fine but I'm trying to be realistic about what will happen and not go on about what I want to happen.

i will forever support the club as that is what a true fan does - through the good and the bad. Let's hope this will be the low point and we build and become a strong club once again.

I thought Foran's contract was a 12 month rolling contract for 4 years.

They must have built in some performance related aspect should it (and it has) not work?

Edited by Guest

I really don't understand this having to pay out the remainder of manager contracts. Would love to know the employment law position. In any other walk of life, complete ineptitude is not rewarded by paying off the said employee for x number of years while they sit back with pipe and slippers and someone new has to pick up the pieces.  

• Agree 2