FORAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaleyMax

With the change of leadership at board level, this is an ideal time to refresh the structure of the club, make some changes and start afresh with optimism.It is impossible to see how RF could be part of that. Even he must be aware of that. Hopefully this week will see a lot of change and a clear out. In many ways RF is part of the old Butcher ethos, which although it might have worked under Terry, was also a rule by fear atmosphere which Foran never had the authority or experience to implement. Maybe he thought he could imitate his old boss. We have to move on from that old style, we are better than that.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Those implications ought to have been considered at the time the contract was negotiated and signed or, if for any reason it wasn't, surely must have been explored fully in January. The time has come to take action.

You would hope so but there are likely to be get out clauses for both parties to make it a fair four year agreement. Performance is a subjective matter that may need up to date advice. Whilst the subject of termination has clearly been discussed since January, and whilst views may have been expressed by competent individuals, this may be the crunch point whereby the club want to avoid a drawn out period of litigation. We do not know the terms of the contract between Richie and the Company.

Richie's most recent interview clearly indicates that he fully expects to be here next year and that he thinks he'll keep most of the first team too. The first point would suggest that (a) he will not be resigning and (b) he is secure that he will not be sacked. The second is surely deluded, although I hear that Raven and Tremarco have stated their intent to stay.

all of the indications seem to point to the fact that there is no clause in his contract regarding relegation and that we simply can't afford to sack him. There is only one word for whoever was in charge of the negotiations regarding his contract - negligent. To take a 4 year punt on a completely untested entity in the most important position at the club is a shambles and we will ultimately get what we deserve, which is a spiral down the leagues for the next 3 years.

Speechless.

• Agree 1

If Foran goes he will not get another job in football easily. He's bought a house here and has a young family to support. In those circumstances, how many of us would do the "honourable" thing?  He will probably genuinely believe he can learn from his mistakes and therefore it is up to the Board to make a decision on the matter. 

There is an urgent need to get the close season business underway and we need a confirmed manager in place for that. With Kenny calling it a day, there is a very urgent need for the Board to be a lot more decisive than they have been for a while. 

At the very least we need an interim Chairman in place and a decision on Foran's future by the end of the week. 

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

If Foran goes he will not get another job in football easily. He's bought a house here and has a young family to support. In those circumstances, how many of us would do the "honourable" thing?  He will probably genuinely believe he can learn from his mistakes and therefore it is up to the Board to make a decision on the matter. 

There is an urgent need to get the close season business underway and we need a confirmed manager in place for that. With Kenny calling it a day, there is a very urgent need for the Board to be a lot more decisive than they have been for a while. 

At the very least we need an interim Chairman in place and a decision on Foran's future by the end of the week. 

I agree. We need clarity and we need it this week.

Very solid, thoughtful posts in this thread. And not hysterical or vituperative, thank goodness.

Richie's contract will also be solid  so why litigation would necessarily be long-winded or protracted is an open question and very undesirable too. If he is to stay at Caley Thistle then the other staff had better make the best of it and establish a good working relationship without holding grudges-after all he probably did try do his best and it's important that all staff are on good terms and try to get along for the good of the club and each others' future too.

The club should, and probably will, be anxious to meet reasonable terms for dismissal but more likely, IMHO, they will  try to offer him another position within the club as an assistant to a much more experienced manager. That way, face is saved and also he will gain experience  as to how other, more successful, folks manage more effectively.

With Kenny gone,  how will the other Board Members fare as to the making of decisions do you all think? Will they be rational and cautious or knee jerking decisions?

David Moyes is shattered and is unlikely now to get another Premier League job, according to the article I read. So he won't need an assistant. He did very well financially out of past moves he has made and is not short of a pound apparently. That Northern team that sacked him will owe him a lot of money and a previous berth he also had before that will continue paying him as well. Not bad for a guy who simply has not been able to cut the mustard eh? 

All I can say is  "let's turn over a new leaf, start anew and hope for the very best through unity, respect and passion.:ictscarf:

16 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Congratulations on what must be the first use of the word 'vituperative' in the twenty three year history of CTO :-)

A quich search reveals that it has actually been used a few times previously by Scarlet and also by Oddquine! I still don't know what it means though. :lol:

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Yngwie said:

A quich search reveals that it has actually been used a few times previously by Scarlet and also by Oddquine! I still don't know what it means though. :lol:

You have the advantage over me. I don't have a quich through which to search :-)

9 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Very solid, thoughtful posts in this thread. And not hysterical or vituperative, thank goodness.

Richie's contract will also be solid  so why litigation would necessarily be long-winded or protracted is an open question and very undesirable too. If he is to stay at Caley Thistle then the other staff had better make the best of it and establish a good working relationship without holding grudges-after all he probably did try do his best and it's important that all staff are on good terms and try to get along for the good of the club and each others' future too.

The club should, and probably will, be anxious to meet reasonable terms for dismissal but more likely, IMHO, they will  try to offer him another position within the club as an assistant to a much more experienced manager. That way, face is saved and also he will gain experience  as to how other, more successful, folks manage more effectively.

With Kenny gone,  how will the other Board Members fare as to the making of decisions do you all think? Will they be rational and cautious or knee jerking decisions?

David Moyes is shattered and is unlikely now to get another Premier League job, according to the article I read. So he won't need an assistant. He did very well financially out of past moves he has made and is not short of a pound apparently. That Northern team that sacked him will owe him a lot of money and a previous berth he also had before that will continue paying him as well. Not bad for a guy who simply has not been able to cut the mustard eh? 

All I can say is  "let's turn over a new leaf, start anew and hope for the very best through unity, respect and passion.:ictscarf:

How about CC as general manager/director of football and RF can run the Centenary Club. Not being totally serious with that, but it's the sort of thing the club would do!

RF needs to go, I suspect he is losing/lost the dressing room (or some of it anyway) with his comments-particularly the 'bad apples' one..think I read that Fisher said something along the lines of 'I don't see any bad apples, just a group of hard working lads' - not a word for word quote, think I read it online from one of the newspapers.

Whoever made the comment about RF trying to emulate TB's style was spot on, I think..need a change of style & I suspect the new manager might be a left field choice.

Hartley - possibly, although if he was that good, he would have got the job before.

Machine Dods - good choice, but may not have the contacts re finding players. Done very well at Brechin.

Anyone know what Paul Sheerin's doing? Was at Arbroath, I think?

Has Claudio Ranieri got a job yet - could do a Leicester with us and win the Premiership season 18/19!! (Time to lay off the absinthe now...)

5 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Not sure I want Yogi to return-not a fan of managers returning..Brewster, anybody?

However, Yogi's a great coach - he improved the team that was there, but his signings...only one I can think of off the top of my head is ofw!

Left a bad taste in the way that he engineered his departure from us, though..wouldn't have thought he would want to return & that the club would want him back - he is partly to blame for our relegation, for me - left the club with no option but to go for the cheap option & appoint RF.

Hope David Raven isn't reading this, by the way....

Foran strikes me as terrible man-manager, who post match interviews throughout this season have been embarrassing to the club. All this talk about dressing room 'issues' are a smokescreen to mask his chronic inability to do the job he's been paid for. I can except relegation it happens, the manner in which we went down leaves a bitter taste. 

Think David Raven summed it up perfectly for me on Saturday stating that ' We were just not good enough' no excuses, no bullsh*t and no looking for scapegoats.        

46 minutes ago, DALNEIGHCALEY said:

I'd like to know where we suddenly got the money from to appoint a new general manager .

Don't think you need to look too far for  the snswer to that one DC. How could anyone give so much time to the club on a 'volunteer' basis as some seem to think.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Don't think you need to look too far for  the snswer to that one DC. How could anyone give so much time to the club on a 'volunteer' basis as some seem to think.

As far as I was aware KC was the general manager because we didn't have the funds to employ one , what's changed ?

3 minutes ago, DALNEIGHCALEY said:

As far as I was aware KC was the general manager because we didn't have the funds to employ one , what's changed ?

I think that is what most believed but how can anyone spend so much time at work for no money? Everyone needs some money to live.

1 hour ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

That article could only have been written by one of Yogi's many cronies in the central belt media. It didn't take him long to lose the dressing room at Starks Park with his public criticism of the players and also the confidence of their chair who has openly stated that he made a huge error in appointing him.

Whatever the answer is, it isn't the return of John Hughes.

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

I think that is what most believed but how can anyone spend so much time at work for no money? Everyone needs some money to live.

From the BBC "This 'short-term' arrangement has lasted almost six years and, due to financial restrictions, I also found myself taking on the role of chief executive as the funds were not available to fill the post.

2 minutes ago, DALNEIGHCALEY said:

From the BBC "This 'short-term' arrangement has lasted almost six years and, due to financial restrictions, I also found myself taking on the role of chief executive as the funds were not available to fill the post.

Very interesting, I didn't read it. Well done if he is that wealthy to be in a position to work for nothing.