FORAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaleyMax

Just trying to guess who he means.

Foran recently said that this season we have suffered from injuries and "other player issues" and today it has become clear what he meant by that, whether or not it is a legitimate excuse.

I don't think the "three bad apples" comment means anything. He's not talking about any player/players in particular. He's simply trying to distract attention away from his own failures and apparently it's working. If we had a board that was anything approaching competent at least we could take comfort in knowing our clueless manager will be out the door long before planning for next season begins, but we don't even have that. Hopefully (clauses in his ludicrous four-year contract permitting!), he will be booted. To be honest though I can't see it happening.

• Disagree 1

Foran was a great player for us but has been a lousy manager. He's taken a top six squad and relegated us at the first time of asking. Has lost all credibility with this "three bad apple" garbage. Funny how we waits until we're down to air his dirty laundry. Classic diversionary tactics from a guy who's clearly out of his depth in this role. Instead of slating players he'd be better looking at coaching colleagues who've slated him all season to anyone who'll listen. 

Despite the above the blame for today's relegation lies at the door of messrs Sutherland, Cameron and the Sutherland installed puppets on the board. Shameful mismanagement from parties who are entirely detached and uninterested in the footballing side of the Sutherland vanity project.

Time for radical change from top to bottom.

• Agree 2

I'm sorry but I am just not buying the "3 bad apples" line, that's just more shithouse excuses from RF. Pretty much his whole mantra this season in interviews has been "not my fault, blame players".

Yes the players have to shoulder some of the blame, as should the board for

1 for the appointment of RF

2 not having the gumption to sack him when it was clear to see relegation was a serious threat as early as December time.

For me the buck firmly sits with RF for our relegation. Chopping and changing his line ups every week. Couldn't organise a defence. Different tactics, different formations hoping to stumble across something that works. Freezing out Fisher for most of the season, when turns out he was actually quite useful......shock!!!

Really, really hope he is not there next season, cannot see a bright future while this man is still at the helm. 

• Agree 4

Where do you start with why Richie Foran should be sacked.

Well today he tried to deflect attention away from his own shortcomings and stated "ICT must get rid of TWO OR THREE BAD APPLES". The tactic of turning this into a guessing game & blaming players(again) is frankly quiet pathetic. Actually it's very cowardly to apportion blame on two/three mystery players, have the guts at least to stand up and name them. What a joke of a manager!.

Had to give up listening to his cringe worthy  interviews some time back. His constant team berating, contradictory statements & general drivel was just plain embarrassing. The club and fans deserve a lot better.

Alex Fisher this years top scorer for ICT FC, it's a  shame Foran couldn't see it earlier. After Fisher came of the bench at Ross County to score last December, his reward from Richie was to  miss the next THREE MONTHS of football. He gave Henri Anier the next SEVEN starts and he scored absolutely nothing. One of Richie's bad apples? only he knows. Alex has scored SIX goals in the last seven games, & FOUR in the last three. Who knows if Alex had played those seven games would he  have made a difference to us being relegated? Look at the numbers you decide. A manager who does not know his team is no manager at all!

Barry Wilson made a good point today about Foran "You do not reward failure". That's also my opinion.

I have no faith in Richie managing this club and hope the board sack him asap!

Edited by CaleyMax
  • Agree 4

Absolutely shameful interview.  

The only one looking bad is Foran.  Very few players who didn't start - and he seems to be exempting all of them - were not his signings.  And as is blatantly obvious, if he can't manage them and has to resort to raising it in public, well...

For me it extends beyond that.  Who in the squad can trust Foran going forward, knowing that he's liable to hang folk out to dry in public?

• Agree 3

I supported Fisher in the 'Fish v Walrus" debate earlier in the season and accept he has howlers but what striker doesn't!

I had left before the players came back out, but if Tansey got stick, that is a disgrace and those involved should be ashamed of themselves.

A very sad day, but probably inevitable for some time.

As for the game, great to have 5000 home fans, highest since Astra game? If only we could get that every game!

Poor first half and probably lucky to go in 0-0. There was flatness when word went round about the Hamilton score.

Better second half, and to score 3 in 4 minutes at least meant there was some satisfaction on the sad day.

When the MOM opens, I will go with Fisher, Laing and Tansey.

I hope Fisher stays and becomes a target man. He and Boden could serve us well next season.

Laing has grown on me, and is comfortable on the ball.

What will change? Out of our hands, but we need decisiveness as we must hit the ground running next season with both playing and backroom staff or it will be another tough one.

Bad apples? No idea, but the quote on the STV website implies it does not include any of the starting 11.

Im in section D in the main stand, so in front of the Board. players sitting behind me included Fon Williams, Tremarco (still on crutches), Meekings, Ebbe and King. I didn't see Doran but he may have been there too.

Gutted after the Eason, but I will be back to support whoever we have next season.

• Agree 3

I've typed up a lot of stuff and ended up deleting it all again and again, I personally feel when he says he loves the club and loves the city he is genuine but will not admit he is out of his depth, a lot of folk hate him because he wont/didnt bow out.

I dunno, maybe I just feel he has been with us for years and is really trying, reading all your comments though it seems he puts out dodgy line ups, sign crap poor players and its cost us dearly.

I would be happy with Richie taking another position at the club perhaps assisting a new manager, (maybe Malpas?)

• Agree 1

If I was a board member I would have sacked RF for his post match interview today. What an absolute disgrace. Even the Sportsound pundits were having a right go at him for that.

• Agree 3

30 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

They were also having a go at Tansey for his interview when he stated that he "could look in the mirror" implying he had given his all and performed to the best of his abilities but maybe others hadn't ? 

I don't doubt he did, but he was used erratically in differing systems rather than in a consistent role in a consistent formation.

It's bad enough going down, but to have your manager issue probably the worst of a series of post match interviews doesn't give one much optimism for the following season. I can't decide whether winning 3 out of the last 4 games when we had won only 4 of the previous 34 is any cause for optimism either, given that it probably confirms that RF had no real idea of his best team. It's either supreme belief or extreme delusion that he thinks 10 out of the starting 11 will be with us next season. Obviously the question of the moment is who are the mysterious 'three bad apples that have to be got rid of'?  If it is not the starting 11 (unless he is including Tansey as one) then it's difficult to see who it is of any note....Meekings, Boden, OFW, Cole, King, McNaughton, Mulraney, Doran, Tremarco (!!!) see how damaging the speculation could be, although it'll probably come out if there is any truth in it. I suspect the reason RF wants a smaller squad, is that he found the man management side of things difficult, and a smaller squad is less disgruntled players to cope with.

The annoying thing is that a starting eleven, that included the likes of Esson, Raven, Laing, Brad McKay, Warren (prob still good enough in the Championship) Draper Polworth Vigurs (again prob still good enough for the Championship) Mulraney, Billy McKay and Fisher, would do pretty well next season under the right guidance (I'm assuming Meekings and Tremarco are out of contract and likely to go)...in that line up  I'd also include Larnell Cole, I might be in a minority but there's definitely a player there. However is RF the manager to deliver those players to the starting line up and to drill them into a cohesive and consistently firing unit?

5 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

They were also having a go at Tansey for his interview when he stated that he "could look in the mirror" implying he had given his all and performed to the best of his abilities but maybe others hadn't ? 

I was not impressed with Tansey's interview, which was annoying because he's been a great servant for the club and instrumental in our successes, which I applauded him for today....before his comments. He suggested that whoever's fault relegation was, it wasn't his. Again, where is the team ethic in that? Everybody at ICT has a part to play in this downfall. Tansey was a shadow of himself through the dark days of this season and needs to acknowledge that - he is not blameless as Willie Miller was very quick to point out.

5 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

It's bad enough going down, but to have your manager issue probably the worst of a series of post match interviews doesn't give one much optimism for the following season. I can't decide whether winning 3 out of the last 4 games when we had won only 4 of the previous 34 is any cause for optimism either, given that it probably confirms that RF had no real idea of his best team. It's either supreme belief or extreme delusion that he thinks 10 out of the starting 11 will be with us next season. Obviously the question of the moment is who are the mysterious 'three bad apples that have to be got rid of'?  If it is not the starting 11 (unless he is including Tansey as one) then it's difficult to see who it is of any note....Meekings, Boden, OFW, Cole, King, McNaughton, Mulraney, Doran, Tremarco (!!!) see how damaging the speculation could be, although it'll probably come out if there is any truth in it. I suspect the reason RF wants a smaller squad, is that he found the man management side of things difficult, and a smaller squad is less disgruntled players to cope with.

The annoying thing is that a starting eleven, that included the likes of Esson, Raven, Laing, Brad McKay, Warren (prob still good enough in the Championship) Draper Polworth Vigurs (again prob still good enough for the Championship) Mulraney, Billy McKay and Fisher, would do pretty well next season under the right guidance (I'm assuming Meekings and Tremarco are out of contract and likely to go)...in that line up  I'd also include Larnell Cole, I might be in a minority but there's definitely a player there. However is RF the manager to deliver those players to the starting line up and to drill them into a cohesive and consistently firing unit?

Well the answer to your last question is easy.....NO! I would not  trust Foran to run a bath never mind a football team!

• Agree 2

I wholeheartedly agreed with Tansey's comments, he has given his all for the club this year and I think he was just responding to those who questioned his efforts after signing for the Dons.  I felt Sportsound took his comments the wrong way, unfairly. 

As for Foran's 'Bad Apple' quote, in the interview I heard after the game, although he mentioned he wanted to get rid of 3, possibly 4 players, I never heard him use that actual phrase. Was that in a different interview?

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Karen MacMillan said:

I wholeheartedly agreed with Tansey's comments, he has given his all for the club this year and I think he was just responding to those who questioned his efforts after signing for the Dons.  I felt Sportsound took his comments the wrong way, unfairly. 

As for Foran's 'Bad Apple' quote, in the interview I heard after the game, although he mentioned he wanted to get rid of 3, possibly 4 players, I never heard him use that actual phrase. Was that in a different interview?

Welcome to the forum. I take it the interviews were the usual BBC post match stuff. I never heard any of them, although the BBC website has a few written quotes.

1 hour ago, Karen MacMillan said:

Tansey hasn't had the best of seasons - he was poor by his standards until ironically) he signed for Aberdeen. Some of his early lack of form was partly due to the ever-changing system, but he wasn't great nevertheless. This is a team sport: You win together and lose together - everybody shares in the good times and has to share responsibility for the bad. What he should have said is "we weren't good enough and the players have to share responsibility for that".

Bad apples.....thought he ment both players and others, so could it also be Rice, part of board and couple of players? We know King is going, tansey too so it narrows down the few on the sidelines, and he said think he can get rid of them - implying they are still under contract!!! Could it be more senior players effecting the group, or just sick notes complaining. 

Brechin will be playing us next season, would be interesting to ask Brechin board a question about one of our former players

11 hours ago, ymip said:

Foran was a great player for us but has been a lousy manager. He's taken a top six squad and relegated us at the first time of asking. Has lost all credibility with this "three bad apple" garbage. Funny how we waits until we're down to air his dirty laundry. Classic diversionary tactics from a guy who's clearly out of his depth in this role. Instead of slating players he'd be better looking at coaching colleagues who've slated him all season to anyone who'll listen. 

Despite the above the blame for today's relegation lies at the door of messrs Sutherland, Cameron and the Sutherland installed puppets on the board. Shameful mismanagement from parties who are entirely detached and uninterested in the footballing side of the Sutherland vanity project.

Time for radical change from top to bottom.

He took over a bottom six team last year. We were 7th in 2015-16.