Next Season in the SPFL & Pyramid

The Mantis

2 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

I've always had an ambition to go to Cappielow - just want to see if it's as 'atmospheric' as I've heard....my Sister in Law stays in Brechin,so that's 2 away trips sorted out (if Brechin get promoted)!

Last time we were there they made us sit in stand and leg room must have been for midgets...lol Stewards were awful too. Not sure Im in rush to go back tbh. (morton) 

Ive been to Brechin once and that was a great day out. 

11 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

As things stand, a Hamilton defeat at Ross County on Tuesday night would almost certainly get them a play off against Dundee United or Falkirk. So they too could be in the Championship next year.

I started the topic thinking that a few others might try a prediction :lol:

I took the playoffs into account but my prediction still stands, i.e. Falkirk and Utd to stay down...

Turning things around a bit here.

BUT.. If Hamilton get beat on Tuesday by Ross Co which is very possible and I`m expecting a home win.

Does this not give us the biggest ever incentive to beat Dundee the following night.

If so how will Hamilton feel about going into the final game of the season maybe needing a win, depending on us winning our home game

versus Motherwell.

It would still be all to play for,  so why  so defeatist when the chance is still actually there.

If/when Tuesdays result goes in our favour, should we then not be getting down to Dens in our 100`s to support our beloved ICT for one final push.

Yes its all unlikely, but you know what, if nobody else has noticed , its still possible to stay up!

End of nothing , YET

(now where did I put that glass)

• Agree 4

From what I'm hearing from a good source County are possibly going to field a number of their development squad tomorrow night seems they haven't forgiven ICT for lying down to Forfar in 1997 preventing them automatic promotion

Will  certainly be very interesting to see what their starting line up is, having said that their development starting line up could probably beat Accies first team

Dougal

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, dougal said:

From what I'm hearing from a good source County are possibly going to field a number of their development squad tomorrow night seems they haven't forgiven ICT for lying down to Forfar in 1997 preventing them automatic promotion

Will  certainly be very interesting to see what their starting line up is, having said that their development starting line up could probably beat Accies first team

Dougal

We also thumped them 3-0 in the penultimate game in 1995 to end their promotion hopes and confirm Montrose in 2nd place. 

12 hours ago, dougal said:

Dougal

seems unlikely ... With Partick and Killie just ahead in 6th and 7th and Dundee just 3pts behind,  County could go into the final day anywhere from 6th to 9th based on the result s tonight and tomorrow... are they really willing to forego prize money for a potential finish as 'best of the rest' just to piss ICT off ? 

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

seems unlikely ... With Partick and Killie just ahead in 6th and 7th and Dundee just 3pts behind,  County could go into the final day anywhere from 6th to 9th based on the result s tonight and tomorrow... are they really willing to forego prize money for a potential finish as 'best of the rest' just to **** ICT off ? 

Especially since we look more than capable of achieving relegation without their help. 

• Agree 1

Yes, the County Conspiracy theory certainly seems to be this week's Locker Room Philosophers' favourite. Before that it was a 3-2 vote to retain Foran at a meeting in a former director's house that precipitated Richard Smith's resignation - all of two weeks after Richard resigned. Oh, and the club also went into administration at the end of April. Add to that McGilvray and Savage both having taken over at least three times as the number of ex-Caley fans now boycotting the club reaches 20,000, and there's never a dull moment!

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

seems unlikely ... With Partick and Killie just ahead in 6th and 7th and Dundee just 3pts behind,  County could go into the final day anywhere from 6th to 9th based on the result s tonight and tomorrow... are they really willing to forego prize money for a potential finish as 'best of the rest' just to **** ICT off ? 

Not quite true - it is one of the odd issues thrown up by the split system: whatever happens, County cannot finish in 6th...even if they have motre points than Partick. I agree with you, though, County have their own targets and I don't buy the conspiracy theory. As Hawkeyethegnu says - we're very capable of succeeding in relegation without any help from County.

County won the Development League so even if they do play 3 or 4 youngsters they will still be too good for Hamilton. Any development players will be motivated to show what they have to offer for next season. 

Never have I been so keen for County to win a match :sad:

11 hours ago, PerfICT said:

Not quite true - it is one of the odd issues thrown up by the split system: whatever happens, County cannot finish in 6th...even if they have motre points than Partick. I agree with you, though, County have their own targets and I don't buy the conspiracy theory. As Hawkeyethegnu says - we're very capable of succeeding in relegation without any help from County.

I blame jetlag !!! I knew that .... and I meant to say 7th !!  but given the result tonight, and the lineup I think the prediction made about this by Dougal was wrong ! 

6 hours ago, caley100 said:

Just delaying the inevitable I'm afraid, County will beat Hamilton and we will do the usual shoot/foot and get pumped tomorrow night.:cry:

Unfortunately, this sounds like a likely sequence of events. 

• Agree 1