Scotty

I think there is an urgency beyond what Kingsmills says. Last time we went down, there was still some goodwill mongst the players towards the manger - Butcher had done a reasonable job in trying to prevent relegation (but for a misjudgement by Tokely, he might even have succeeeded). There was also the desire and presumably the finances from the Board to allow those who wanted to stay on to do so. The result was retention of a very solid team that ultimately succeeded the following year.

None of the above will be true this time if Foran is not removed immediately. If he stays, there will be a stampede for the door amonstt those players still contracted - who in their right mind would want to play for a manager who genuinely has no clue whatsoever? Draper, Raven, Polworth, Warren, Tremarco and Doran will all invoke any clauses they have in their contracts or be offering to leave  by mutual consent to reduce the wage bill. The board will gleefully accept and we'll be starting from nothing. Do nothing or wait until long into June and the damage will be done to the squad IMO.

Bring in a new manager who has the respect of the players and there's a chance that some of them will want to stay and give it at least one shot in the Championship.

• Agree 6

Agree 100% with PerfICT.

Is there anyone in the Board looking at the forum / listening?????

They need to come out immediately our fate is sealed and give at least an idea of the plans.

If it's stick with RF I will despair : decisive action needs to be taken now ffs.

That is the most worrying possibility - that after a mass exodus, including our best players, we will have to rebuild a new squad. Would you trust Foran with that? It has all the makings of a disaster if that were to happen. Surely his position is utterly untenable. He hasn't shown a spark of ability over an entire season, and has been making the same mistakes every single week. He should consider himself lucky to have survived the season, he wouldn't have anywhere else.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

we will have to rebuild a new squad. Would you trust Foran with that? It has all the makings of a disaster if that were to happen. 

"I had offers from several clubs but decided to join ICT because I want play and develop under Richie Foran" said no player ever.

• Agree 5

6 hours ago, PerfICT said:

I think there is an urgency beyond what Kingsmills says. Last time we went down, there was still some goodwill mongst the players towards the manger - Butcher had done a reasonable job in trying to prevent relegation (but for a misjudgement by Tokely, he might even have succeeeded). There was also the desire and presumably the finances from the Board to allow those who wanted to stay on to do so. The result was retention of a very solid team that ultimately succeeded the following year.

It was unlucky that Rossco was sent off but I don't think you can blame him for Higdon's late winner as he wasn't on the park at the time :wink:

27 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

It was unlucky that Rossco was sent off but I don't think you can blame him for Higdon's late winner as he wasn't on the park at the time :wink:

If i remember, Foran missed a sitter that day:cry:

I was watching the video and by half-time I already had that terrible sinking feeling mingled with resignation, a bit of despair and depression. If Richie thinks that  the first half performance had anything  to write home about he is talking through his feelings filter and not the one linked with his eyes. The Killie defenders had the Caley boys totally under control and the general  standard of football was slow and pedantic with only a bit of skill related to accurate passing to suggest we were watching a Premiership match in any way, shape or form.

The Killie defence was resolute and effective and ICT could not seem to get a decent ball near their goal  at all. This resulted in an awful first half played non-frenetically mostly in midfield, with our goalie's mistake perhaps bringing a bit of  disbelief and excitement into the.picture.. By half time I could hardly believe my eyes at what I had been seeing and it was not a pretty sight.

Second period had to grind through one half before the Killie management decided on packing their end of the park with their players to try to save the 2-0 lead for a win. Allowing Caley to creep upfield and score a good goal. And then finally, the  boys started to pass long balls with accuracy and with flair and I was again watching a good Premiership team applying pressure and skill against a rather desperate Killie defence. Except that hardly a ball ended up in the goal area at all.

Then it all petered out in a whimper and it's back to the drawing board I am afraid. Richie looked anxious and vexed throughout the match and so deflated by the end that I felt sorry for him. The thin, tall, persistent  Longstaffe was a good worker for the opposition and deserved his goal. But there was little urgency from an apparently discombobulated Caley team and it seemed as if the whole team was under some kind of a dwam, lacking in passion and confidence with practically no understanding as to where to pass quickly in attack. Rudderless I am afraid although the 2nd half did perk things up..............

• tm4tj unpinned and unfeatured this topic