Dundee v ICT (must win game)

tm4tj

5 hours ago, ilpadrino said:

Technically, if we draw at Dens we still have a chance of making 11th, so "must not lose" rather an absolute "must win".

Ilpadrino is right...technically. A 1-0 defeat for Hamilton in their last game and a 6-0 (!) victory for us will be enough if we draw tonight. Those straws are getting almost impossible to clutch!

No, it is genuinely "must win". Ironically, it was the home match against Dundee away back in January that Foran first said was "must win". This time it is for real, so I'm glad we've had a dress rehearsal, although it didn't go quite to plan back in January....

• Agree 1

Absolutely, but as I accept that us scoring 5,6 or 7 goals was as likely as Donald Trump getting elected, then it's win or bust for me.

Wait a minute....................

I think us scoring 5 or 6 against a relaxed Motherwell is a longer shot than us winning two games in a row! So I think a draw tonight is relegation. 

Have a word with Neil McCann, and offer him our managers post, he might field the reserves tonight, oh maybe not, they might play to impress.

Do our players know how much it means for us tonight? 

We will lose this game, absolutely no doubt about it.

All thsi stuff about how much it means, huge game, fight for it.  It's meaningless.  We aren't good enough.  We continually present the opposition with goals and can't score goals ourselves.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, ictchris said:

We will lose this game, absolutely no doubt about it.

All thsi stuff about how much it means, huge game, fight for it.  It's meaningless.  We aren't good enough.  We continually present the opposition with goals and can't score goals ourselves.

Your reality check is valid but unwelcome! :lol:

• Agree 1

While ICTChris is excruciatingly accurate, he forgets the crucial ingredient that is present in every football fan - even him, if he were to be honest with himself - HOPE! This is an irrational virtue, it can defy logic and fly in the face of all the evidence. Football is the perfect vehicle to foster such irrational tendencies because there is always that single example of something ridiculous happening that is remarkable and often undeserved. tonight is such a night.....

• Agree 4

Even if, by some remarkable turn of events, we manage a win tonight we then have to beat Motherwell on Saturday (whilst Hamilton must lose again), then negotiate a difficult couple of games against Falkirk or Dundee Utd!!!

Sorry but, based on what I've witnessed this season, all my hope is gone !

The embers of hope are still there, but even if we do scrape through this week can you imagine the delight Falkirk would have in putting us to the sword? I'll bet their players are far more up for that fight than ours would be. Might as well accept our fate, look forward to life in the Championship...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Even if, by some remarkable turn of events, we manage a win tonight we then have to beat Motherwell on Saturday (whilst Hamilton must lose again), then negotiate a difficult couple of games against Falkirk or Dundee Utd!!!

Sorry but, based on what I've witnessed this season, all my hope is gone !

Strictly speaking, if we win both of our remaining games, we can afford for Hamilton to pick up a point against Dundee. However, as has been said, it's us winning two games in a row that seems most unlikely.

What effect will yesterday evenings results have on Dundee and Motherwell? Some players play better when the pressure is off, but this being Scotland you'd have to imagine some of those boys now have their minds on Ayia Napa or wherever else neds go on their summer holidays these days.

These are the guys entrusted with the task of saving everyone's jobs

#ICTFC v #Dundee XI: Esson, Brad Mckay, Laing, Warren, Raven, Tansey, Vigurs, Fisher, Draper, Polworth, Billy Mckay.

and these are the guys that can offer assistance 

subs: Hoban, McNaughton, McCart, Mulraney, Cole, Ebbe, Anier.

To be honest I can see why he picked that team. Mulraney and Cole have been wholly inconsistent. He has evidently gone for the old school experience and again I cant blame him. Lets hope that it is Tansey and Draper sitting in the middle. If it is we need both Polworth and Vigurs to show a lot more effort. I would be telling Vigurs to expect to me on for an hour. I also hope that he plays Fisher and Mckay both up front and does not put Fisher back out wide. I am glad that he has hooked Anier. but again we are changing the personnel and the system.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

To be honest I can see why he picked that team. Mulraney and Cole have been wholly inconsistent. He has evidently gone for the old school experience and again I cant blame him. Lets hope that it is Tansey and Draper sitting in the middle. If it is we need both Polworth and Vigurs to show a lot more effort. I would be telling Vigurs to expect to me on for an hour. I also hope that he plays Fisher and Mckay both up front and does not put Fisher back out wide. I am glad that he has hooked Anier. but again we are changing the personnel and the system.

I get why you might leave out Mulraney and Cole, but the four central midfielders has been such a disaster that it doesn't fill me with hope. 

• tm4tj changed the title to Dundee v ICT (must win game)
  • Scotty featured and pinned this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic