Top scorers

Yngwie

With just 1 or hopefully 3 games left, I had a look at our scoring charts, wondering how it would compare to our relegation season when our top scorer had just 5 (Rooney, from 10 starts).

As with that season, we have clearly lacked a prolific striker - or at least we haven't gone with a line up and tactics that resulted in a player scoring a sack load. 

I think looking at only league games is the best measure, as all games are meaningful and against full time opposition. Based on this site's stats, we have:

6 Tansey and Fisher (from 8 starts!)

5 Doumbouya

4  Tremarco and Billy Mckay

3 Draper and Polworth

Selected others - Boden 1, Anier

So whose gonna end the season top of the list?

Hopefully Anier! :lol:

Feed the Fish and he will score. He has also missed some sitters tbh, although lack of game time is most likely a factor in that.  

As for today, I don't care if we get the crappiest own goal ever, as long as we win and Hamilton don't (obviously).

Come on ICT. Let's do it!!!!:ictscarf::cheer01:

Edited by Guest

Fisher has now scored 7 in his last 9 appreances. What a pity that he was completely frozen out for the crucial 3 months of the season that saw us pick up only 1 win.

Still, he's done enough to have earned himself a contract for next season......at a club playing at a higher level than we will be.  :sad:

• Agree 1

8 Fisher (from 9 starts)

7 Tansey

5 Doumbouya

4 Billy Mckay and Tremarco

Will any of them be here next season? We will need a prolific striker.

Edited by Yngwie

14 minutes ago, Hiro said:

Utterly bizarre that Fisher was sidelined for so long. 

We spent large parts of the season bemoaning the fact that we didn't have a goal-a-game striker. Turns out we pretty much had one all along. That fact on its own should be enough to see Foran handed his P45. 

• Agree 2

I fancied Fisher from the time he first started with Caley thistle. That first goal from the left sideline was impressive - saw a chance, took it and hit a very hard and accurate ball for a great goal. After that my eyes glazed over as I read the negative criticisms of his play. Today he had casual  and calm goals but he deffo knows where the net is. Nobody is always going to be perfect but  he's a good player, nonetheless.

See you all next season I guess. Keep into touch with auld Scarlet though.:smile: