Survival Saturday

tm4tj

Aye, tough game whoever got through. Up to us or Accies to get there now.

First leg will be 7:45pm at Tannadice on Thursday 25th May.

Final return leg Sunday 28th May at 3:00pm. Hopefully in Inverness.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Aye, tough game whoever got through. Up to us or Accies to get there now.

First leg will be 7:45pm at Tannadice on Thursday 25th May.

Final return leg Sunday 28th May at 3:00pm. Hopefully in Inverness.

Sunday!?  Don't think I'll be able to make that one... :redcard::cry:

No matter what happens, let's show our appreciation to the players at full time.

If we are down and many depart, we must show our appreciation for the cup runs, cup final win, top six finishes and the European foray.

Even with the disappointment of this season, guys like Raven, Warren, Draper and Tansey deserve that from us all!

Come on Caley Thistle!!

• Agree 6

7 hours ago, Robert said:

No matter what happens, let's show our appreciation to the players at full time.

If we are down and many depart, we must show our appreciation for the cup runs, cup final win, top six finishes and the European foray.

Even with the disappointment of this season, guys like Raven, Warren, Draper and Tansey deserve that from us all!

Come on Caley Thistle!!

Agree 100%. So sorry I can't be there today for this massive game. Hope everyone gets behind the boys even if things aren't going our way. It's going to be a nervy afternoon for sure. Come on ICT...we have a chance, go grab it.

18 minutes ago, Row S said:

Not forgetting us beating Motherwell of course.

If we can't beat what is essentially the Motherwell 2nd string at home then we really do deserve to go down . I'm having a hefty wager on us beating them .

36 minutes ago, davieB said:

I've just got a horrible feeling that we'll win...but so will Hamilton. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

That's my big worry too , had a premonition that we were winning and Accies drawing until they get an added time winner to send us down . Going to bet the double and hope I lose my money !

Yes, of 9 possible W/D/L combinations, only 2 will do us (excluding the unlikely scenario of us drawing and Hamilton losing by 5 or more). So, the straight odds are against us. However, I feel our chances of a win are better than Hamilton's because they're on a 4-game losing run. Whatever way you look at this, we're not really favourites to get out of the hole we've dug ourselves...but this is football, so what do odds matter! C'MON ICT

23 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

Yes, of 9 possible W/D/L combinations, only 2 will do us (excluding the unlikely scenario of us drawing and Hamilton losing by 5 or more). So, the straight odds are against us. However, I feel our chances of a win are better than Hamilton's because they're on a 4-game losing run. Whatever way you look at this, we're not really favourites to get out of the hole we've dug ourselves...but this is football, so what do odds matter! C'MON ICT

This probably isn't the right moment to split hairs but, whilst I do agree that realistically only two of nine possible result permutations will do, the likelihood of reaching the playoffs now = (probability of ICT beating Motherwell) x (probability of Hamilton failing to beat Dundee).

took my rcfc grandkids to dingwall on Tuesday as their dad was working.

after gardyne scored his wonder goal on 3 mins  I thought Hamilton bossed the game to the end.

rc scored  with 2 superb strikes ( franks had ballooned 2 previous hits over the bar before his strike on 94 mins) and a fluke coming back off the post then the keeper turned round to look for the ball it hit his leg and went in.

Hamilton hit the inside of the post twice and fox had 3-4 tremendous saves to keep them out.

I agree with manning and the bbc online report that they should have taken something from the game, probably the 3 points.

bad luck has to change sometime 

If  hamilton play like they did on Tuesday cant see Dundee winning.

heard 2 old county geezers on the way out  " ah well" one said, "we have given caley thistle a fighting chance. they cant blame us now if they don't stay up"

getting ready to head to the showdown, here's hoping it's all we can do

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

This probably isn't the right moment to split hairs but, whilst I do agree that realistically only two of nine possible result permutations will do, the likelihood of reaching the playoffs now = (probability of ICT beating Motherwell) x (probability of Hamilton failing to beat Dundee).

If you want to split hairs, that would be:

(probability of ICT beating Motherwell) x (probability of Hamilton failing to beat Dundee)

+ (probability of ICT drawing with Motherwell) x (probability of Hamilton losing to Dundee by at least 5 goals)

miniscule though the second one is.

• Agree 1