Absolutely gutting. What an awful season, 9 points from last 12 just too little too late.  We didn't have the worst team/squad but clearly the the most inept manager and board.  Big changes needed over the summer if we're to have any chance of coming back up.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Hiro said:

We didn't have the worst team/squad but clearly the the most inept manager

Yep, been saying that for months.

The time for togetherness and getting behind the team is over, so with that in mind, let me get the ball rolling by asking Foran to GTF out of our club before he does any more damage.

• Agree 3

Who are the actual shareholders of Caley thistle since  to me the current board of directors should have being sacked a long time plus Richie  if the shares ever go up for public share I am buying a fair amount so I stop terrible football managers coming to Caley?

Just now, blair Urquhart said:

Who are the actual shareholders of Caley thistle since  to me the current board of directors should have being sacked a long time plus Richie  if the shares ever go up for public share I am buying a fair amount so I stop terrible football managers coming to Caley?

I'm sure there are several small shareholders who would only be too willing for you to buy their shares right now!!!!

• Agree 3

Football is a concept
By which we measure
Our pain
I'll say it again
Football is a concept
By which we measure
Our pain
I don't believe in Tokely
I don't believe in Hastings
I don't believe in Dargo
I don't believe in Wilson
I don't believe in Hughes
I don't believe in Esson
I don't believe in Baltacha
I don't believe in Brewster
I don't believe in Rooney
I don't believe in Draper
I don't believe in Butcher
I don't believe in King
I don't believe in Sheerin
I don't believe in Paterson
I don't believe in Foran
I just believe in me
Me and ICT
And that's reality
The dream is over
What can I say?
The dream is over
Today
We were the dream weavers
But now we'll be reborn
We were the champions
But now we're gone
And so dear friends
We'll just have to carry on
The dream is over
  • Agree 6

13 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Who won the players awards, it didn't look like it was going to happen on the pitch after the match.

Who knows but there is no way Kenny Cameron was coming out to get lynched !!

1 hour ago, gordieict said:

Had resigned myself to the fact we would go down weeks ago but still a bitter bitter pill to swallow . Amazing how far we have fallen since or cup win

I think I thought we were going down when we lost to Hamilton. The intervening period saw wild swings between believing we could survive, and believing we were doomed. I still didn't quite believe we were still in it at the start of today's game. 

Ultimately, if we hadn't lost that game at Hamilton we wouldn't have finished bottom, but having said that, there's no way I would have believed that we'd win two games back to back to finish the season. 

• Agree 1

Since this thread is about the game and not the league...I will say that for 15 minutes there we were playing some great football!

the team that played against Dundee on Wednesday night didn't show up at all in the first half, but they defo did for a short spell of the second half.

i will take this opportunity to call out the fickle fans who chear as loud as anyone else when Tanz scores (a lovely goal)...then feel the need to sing abusive songs when he's signing stuff for kids....get over yoursel guys - you would do the exact same thing in his position, anyone would. 

• Agree 4

First half was as dreigh as the weather, we looked better for a spell in the second, the right result unfortunately it was a little to late to save our season, shame about the abuse directed at Tansey he has been one of our better players recently and deserved a better send off. 

• Agree 1

Is it fair to see that this relegation was far less painful for the fans than the last one?

Two reasons-

1. This one has been on the cards for weeks, whereas last time we'd been on the brink of safety for weeks.

2. This time we did what we could on relegation day itself but it was out of our hands, whereas last time we messed it up.

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Is it fair to see that this relegation was far less painful for the fans than the last one?

Two reasons-

1. This one has been on the cards for weeks, whereas last time we'd been on the brink of safety for weeks.

2. This time we did on relegation day itself but it was out of our hands, whereas last time we messed it up.

Less painful - yes I'd agree. This time my overwhelming feeling is anger! If actions had been taken months ago relegation could've comfortably been avoided. The performance of the team over the last couple of matches proves that we've had the players in place all along capable of keeping us up. It's the mismanagement of the club that has done for us. 

• Agree 1

You've gone down a division. It happens, It's sad, but the league doesn't lie. After 38 games you're last.  And apart from yourselves, who really cares? It was quite a big deal when Hibs, Hearts, and Dundee Utd went down, it was news, because they were big clubs, with a tradition of being in the top league. Today, on the radio, there was a kind of acceptance that Caley-Thistle had been relegated. Could have been Hamilton . . . whatever .  . .  if it was Hamilton there would have been a bit of Saturday afternoon drama about the final placings, but  there would still have been the same air of resignation that one of the 'wee' teams have been relegated. 

Are Inverness one of the 'wee' teams? If so, shame on you.  

• Disagree 6

1 minute ago, Whippet said:

You've gone down a division. It happens, It's sad, but the league doesn't lie. After 38 games you're last.  And apart from yourselves, who really cares? It was quite a big deal when Hibs, Hearts, and Dundee Utd went down, it was news, because they were big clubs, with a tradition of being in the top league. Today, on the radio, there was a kind of acceptance that Caley-Thistle had been relegated. Could have been Hamilton . . . whatever .  . .  if it was Hamilton there would have been a bit of Saturday afternoon drama about the final placings, but  there would still have been the same air of resignation that one of the 'wee' teams have been relegated. 

Are Inverness one of the 'wee' teams? If so, shame on you.  

**** off

• Agree 3

Reading the STV website, the "2 or 3" did not include the starting 11.

I'm gutted. 9 points out of 12 shows what we should have been capable of, but too little too late.

With 5350 there today, that must have been 5000 home fans: highest since Astra? If only we could get that week out n week out!

When Hammer Lyon went ahead, the atmosphere flattened, inevitably.

I read Tansey got stick when the players came back out after the game. I'd gone by then, but if that is true, it is a disgrace and those jeering him should be ashamed.

To the game, poor first half, but came alight with the three quick goals.

When the MOM goes live, my picks will be Fisher, Tansey and Laing.

A sad day, if a tear in my eye at full time, but hopefully the club structure and key personalities are decided quickly so there insolently time for rebuilding.

• Agree 2

We won't be coming up for a good while. The whole Outlook of this club has to change. We have to get rid of this old boys network. 

Who was the last youth player to cone through the ranks? Polworth? No one can tell me there's no decent players in Inverness. I coach youth football and I see players week in and week out who are good enough. The whole structure of the club is rotten, we've no decent scouting system, no connection with the local community, and our youth structure is non existent. 

To many old boys in it for the kudos, and until that changes we're going to be on a long downward slope. 

Edited by davieB
  • Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic