Sign in to follow this  
CableGuy

Season Ticket Prices

Recommended Posts

I am buying a season ticket. 

1. The club is my club and i did support another team dougal but i wasnt born 27yrs ago and it was my fathers home team.

2. The staff looked after my very sick father brilliantly for 7 years in hospitality and in general around the stadium. 

3. For the steward who let a 78 year old with dementia be the first person to invade the pitch when celebrating at home and getting overexcited when we achieved promotion again. 

4. For all these memories and feeling of inclusion going to the games. 

6. And to support the players that stayed.

It is a personal choice.

I know the match day experience can be made much better and thats domething we can all contribute too with our enthusiasm, by talking to everyone around us   and being ridiculously optimistic. 

We can talk the club down or build it up but you cannot decide to support the club and cripple the institutions that allow it to exist. 

Lets be positive and change the way we see the world.

Richie Foran was our best manager last season .

Accept it and grow or bleed about it and let the club die.

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

I am buying a season ticket. 

1. The club is my club and i did support another team dougal but i wasnt born 27yrs ago and it was my fathers home team.

2. The staff looked after my very sick father brilliantly for 7 years in hospitality and in general around the stadium. 

3. For the steward who let a 78 year old with dementia be the first person to invade the pitch when celebrating at home and getting overexcited when we achieved promotion again. 

4. For all these memories and feeling of inclusion going to the games. 

6. And to support the players that stayed.

It is a personal choice.

I know the match day experience can be made much better and thats domething we can all contribute too with our enthusiasm, by talking to everyone around us   and being ridiculously optimistic. 

We can talk the club down or build it up but you cannot decide to support the club and cripple the institutions that allow it to exist. 

Lets be positive and change the way we see the world.

Richie Foran was our best manager last season .

Accept it and grow or bleed about it and let the club die.

Good man. Being positive is the way forward. Just renewed for my son and myself. 

I believe in 3 year cycles.

May 2015 - Utopia

May 2016 - Disappointed

May 2017 - Despair!!!!

May 2018 - Utopia

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

I am buying a season ticket. 

1. The club is my club and i did support another team dougal but i wasnt born 27yrs ago and it was my fathers home team.

2. The staff looked after my very sick father brilliantly for 7 years in hospitality and in general around the stadium. 

3. For the steward who let a 78 year old with dementia be the first person to invade the pitch when celebrating at home and getting overexcited when we achieved promotion again. 

4. For all these memories and feeling of inclusion going to the games. 

6. And to support the players that stayed.

It is a personal choice.

I know the match day experience can be made much better and thats domething we can all contribute too with our enthusiasm, by talking to everyone around us   and being ridiculously optimistic. 

We can talk the club down or build it up but you cannot decide to support the club and cripple the institutions that allow it to exist. 

Lets be positive and change the way we see the world.

Richie Foran was our best manager last season .

Accept it and grow or bleed about it and let the club die.

Well put - much better than I could have put it! The club treated my Dad well too, when I did the hospitality for his birthday this season.

Lets get behind ICT & stop whingeing...

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The retained ST prices are quite a kick in the gonads after last season's fiasco. Until I get some proper answers from the club about that and what their outlook is for the future I won't be renewing mine. 

  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/Inverness-Caley-Thistle-fans-fume-over-season-ticket-prices-06062017.htm

Doesn't say much more than we already know but again no one from the club available for comment which is slightly odd. Nothing from the club on Twitter in 5 days now (I know the main Tweeter has stepped down) but it just seems like there is a complete vacuum at the club right now. Very strange. Don't recall this before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RiG said:

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/Inverness-Caley-Thistle-fans-fume-over-season-ticket-prices-06062017.htm

Doesn't say much more than we already know but again no one from the club available for comment which is slightly odd. Nothing from the club on Twitter in 5 days now (I know the main Tweeter has stepped down) but it just seems like there is a complete vacuum at the club right now. Very strange. Don't recall this before.

This comes as no surprise to me , the only time we seem to hear from the club is when they're after our money .

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An absolute kick in the teeth. I would have thought the club would have wanted to ATTRACT more fans NOT get rid of them!

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woooah wait a minute gentlemen Caley100 and Huisdean are renewing so it's not all doom and gloom just yet

 

Dougal

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

An absolute kick in the teeth. I would have thought the club would have wanted to ATTRACT more fans NOT get rid of them!

Agree. Sending out renewals leading to all round criticism of prices then no one seemingly around to provide any clarification or answers to fans is bizarre. They literally just posted the forms off and seemingly expected everyone will just go "Oh aye I'll renew no bother". It's as if they didn't expect folk to react the way many have done.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RiG said:

Agree. Sending out renewals with this roundly criticised prices then no one seemingly around to provide any clarification or answers to fans is bizarre. They literally just posted the forms off and seemingly expected everyone will just go "Oh aye I'll renew no bother". It's as if they didn't expect folk to react the way many have done.

Spot on!!! I dont think there was any thought given to this at all and therein lies the problem. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's time the fans made a stance at the product on offer (zilch) and what the board are going to do about it (who knows). They need to stop treating us like fools and show us what the future holds.

Where else do people go shopping and pay overpriced money for a sub standard product or a product that is not available at all. Apart from IKEA or Habitat. Time to wake up and stop being fleeced. 

Show us what you have to offer first.

 

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/Sport/Football/Ross-County-chairman-upbeat-as-slashed-season-tickets-prove-hit-with-fans-01062017.htm

At least one club cares about its fans! Or could it be that a very astute business man is looking to capitalize on the failings of its local rival.Probably a bit of both. 

Will somebody please wake up and smell the coffee!!!!! 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Caley1885 said:

http://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/Sport/Football/Ross-County-chairman-upbeat-as-slashed-season-tickets-prove-hit-with-fans-01062017.htm

At least one club cares about its fans! Or could it be that a very astute business man is looking to capitalize on the failings of its local rival.Probably a bit of both. 

Will somebody please wake up and smell the coffee!!!!! 

Sadly we dont have anyone with bottonless pockets 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Sadly we dont have anyone with bottonless pockets 

I don't think it is about having someone with bottomless pockets - its about having someone at our club who understands the principle of, the elasticity of demand !!! 

Edited by Caley1885
spelling
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Football tickets and season tickets are actually price inelastic, like cigarettes - enough of the hardcore fans/addicts will keep paying more to outweigh the impact of ones who don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Football tickets and season tickets are actually price inelastic, like cigarettes - enough of the hardcore fans/addicts will keep paying more to outweigh the impact of ones who don't.

I have often wondered about elasticity of demand for football tickets. If it is indeed inelastic, this presumably also means that "pay a fiver" or "pay what you can" schemes are a waste of time and indeed money. One other consideration is that at ICT, attendances seem to have been dropping in recent years, even with no change to prices for the same product, so I also wonder how the additional factor of an inferior product may or may not influence things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Under Butcher and Hughes it certainly wasn't an inferior product to our previous stint in the top flight, quite the opposite, but crowds were still lower. Other factors must be having an effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll have noted that we didn't repeat those cheap deals this season, presumably because they just result in lower income.

County offered free admission to one game and didn't remotely fill the ground, further proof of price inelasticity.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caley1885 said:

I don't think it is about having someone with bottomless pockets - its about having someone at our club who understands the principle of, the elasticity of demand !!! 

Its economics tho? We obviously cant afford it? I am not happy with the ST prices but you cannot compare us to County who are bankrolled by a very rich man 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2017 at 3:27 PM, dougal said:

Woooah wait a minute gentlemen Caley100 and Huisdean are renewing so it's not all doom and gloom just yet

 

Dougal

:tosser:

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Under Butcher and Hughes it certainly wasn't an inferior product to our previous stint in the top flight, quite the opposite, but crowds were still lower. Other factors must be having an effect.

Sorry Yngwie, I didn't make that very clear. The inferior product I meant was Championship football compared with Premiership. I meant how that would affect next season's sales at the same price. This is the slightly anomalous thing. It's not a classical elasticity of demand situation. The price isn't changing (unless you rate a reduction from 19 to 18 games as a 5.6% increase) but product quality is decreasing. My favoured analogy is changing your underwear suppliers from Harrods to Primark but paying the same for a multipack of Y-fronts but with one fewer pair in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Charles Bannerman said:

My favoured analogy is changing your underwear suppliers from Harrods to Primark but paying the same for a multipack of Y-fronts but with one fewer pair in it.

This says more about you than it says about any economic theory! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a different analogy. If you go to the cinema, you pay the same ticket price regardless of the budget of the film in question. Often, low budget films are better than the huge budget ones with big name stars and special effects.

Our previous 2 seasons in the 2nd flight were right up there with the most enjoyable seasons in our history. How many of our ST holders would have wanted to miss out on that for the sake of an extra couple of quid per game?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

The inferior product I meant was Championship football compared with Premiership...

Must confess I've enjoyed Championship football more than I ever have with Premiership football...but that's just my personal view. [This doesn't mean I condone the season tickets prices by the way]

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.