Pre-season

Sir C the 3rd

Finished 4-1.  Elsdon, Calder, Aiden Wilson and Connor Bell the trialist played well for us, as did both the goalkeepers for both sides and our former U20 striker Jaime Wilson who was up front for Clach.  Zschusschen on the other hand (despite scoring in the first minute) was absolutely woeful.

Yes. Susan is Lopez in disguise. This guy is absolutely useless. He cannot control the ball, pass, read the game or do anything that gives me a glimmer of hope. Why have we signed this duffer?

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Caman said:

Yes. Susan is Lopez in disguise. This guy is absolutely useless. He cannot control the ball, pass, read the game or do anything that gives me a glimmer of hope. Why have we signed this duffer?

Answers to Lonsana Doumbouya - C/0 SKN St Polten (Julie Andrews Land)

13 minutes ago, Caman said:

Have we actually given this guy a 2 year contract?  I can only hope Robbo  can convert him into a footballer!

7 minutes ago, caley100 said:

Have we actually given this guy a 2 year contract?  I can only hope Robbo  can convert him into a footballer!

I hope Robbo can bin him as of now. Susan is a dud. 

47 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Finished 4-1.  Elsdon, Calder, Aiden Wilson and Connor Bell the trialist played well for us, as did both the goalkeepers for both sides and our former U20 striker Jaime Wilson who was up front for Clach.  Zschusschen on the other hand (despite scoring in the first minute) was absolutely woeful.

Was Connor Bell number 10? He looked lively and reminded me of Billy Mckay when he was good & loyal :cheer01:

What number was Aiden Wilson? 

7 minutes ago, Caman said:

Was Connor Bell number 10? He looked lively and reminded me of Billy Mckay when he was good & loyal :cheer01:

What number was Aiden Wilson? 

Number 6 with red hair.

Cheers old caley girl and IBM. 

Googled Connor Bell. Think it is him, 21 year old Geordie who has been playing with Wrexham and other Welsh teams. Seems like a worthwhile find. Can we send Susan back and keep him?

2 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Haven't seen him yet but I'm sure Robbo wouldn't have given him a 2 year deal if he was a duffer 

Having seen him against Falkirk and Clach I am not impressed but hope that he will soon get used to Scottish football and improve with guidance from Robbo.

27 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Haven't seen him yet but I'm sure Robbo wouldn't have given him a 2 year deal if he was a duffer . Give the boy a chance ffs 

The difference is I have seen him against Falkirk and Clach. I watched him specifically in the first half against Clach as you get a close up view at such a ground. He speaks English so he has that on his side re communication. I do hope he proves me wrong, but he looked lost and clueless. Not because he didn't really know his team mates, but he looked out of place and, it appeared that a football match was an alien environment to him. 

When you compare him to George Oakley and Connor Bell who played last night, specifically Bell who has never played with any of these guys before, they both looked like they were hungry, knew what they were doing and guys who knew their way round a football pitch and match.

I hope I am wrong and don't wish to be harsh, but we can't afford to carry a duffer, either financially or footballing wise. 

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, Caman said:

The difference is I have seen him against Falkirk and Clach. I watched him specifically in the first half against Clach as you get a close up view at such a ground. He speaks English so he has that on his side re communication. I do hope he proves me wrong, but he looked lost and clueless. Not because he didn't really know his team mates, but he looked out of place and, it appeared that a football match was an alien environment to him. 

When you compare him to George Oakley and Connor Bell who played last night, specifically Bell who has never played with any of these guys before, they both looked like they were hungry, knew what they were doing and guys who knew their way round a football pitch and match.

I hope I am wrong and don't wish to be harsh, but we can't afford to carry a duffer, either financially or footballing wise. 

Are you saying Robbo doesn't know what he is doing then?

Think when a squad is being rebuilt, it's always the case that not every signing may make an instant impact.

I wasn't impressed with zsschuschen (forgive the spelling...) but maybe he just needs more time to bed in (having said that, I thought the same thing about Lopez & Boden..- shows you how much I know...!).

I seem to remember a certain Billy McKay (County's new boy...aargh!) & Denzil Wyness were pretty sh*te when we first had them at the club?

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Are you saying Robbo doesn't know what he is doing then?

All managers, even the best ones, sign the odd dud. That Said, a couple of matches whilst probably not match fit and undoubtedly not familiar with either his team mates or Scottish conditions is far too early to consign him to that category. The early signs may not be promising but he deserves to be given a chance.

• Agree 2

45 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

All managers, even the best ones, sign the odd dud. That Said, a couple of matches whilst probably not match fit and undoubtedly not familiar with either his team mates or Scottish conditions is far too early to consign him to that category. The early signs may not be promising but he deserves to be given a chance.

Ok. No more posts from me re Susan meantime. We will wait and see. 

Zsschusschen has been playing in the Gold Cup for Curacao through the summer.  Out of the whole, if there's anyone who is match fit, it should be him.

Edited by Renegade