ferben1994

ICTFC Club News

STATEMENT FROM ICTFC BOARD

• Print
  • Email
Details
Last Updated: Thursday, 01 June 2017 14:07

inverness ct 87x100

There has been a good response of candidates expressing interest for the position of ICT football manager.   The Board of Directors are currently assessing the applicants in readiness for interview selection.  It is important that we select the right person for this key position.

The following players are still under contract and are expected to be part of the squad moving forward. All the players under contract have indicated that they are wanting to stay and help the club regain its Premier League status.  The current ICT players are Owain Fon-Williams, Ryan Esson, David Raven, Gary Warren, Ross Draper, Iain Vigurs, Liam Polworth, Scott Boden, Aaron Doran, Jake Mulranney, Brad McKay and Carl Tremarco.

We are currently in negotiation with Cammy Mackay and Kevin McNaughton and are hopeful of resigning them.  There are other targets that have been identified as potential future players and we are confident that we will have a strong squad next season who will be very well equipped to mount a robust challenge for promotion.

Several players have moved on from ICT and we would like to thank them all for their efforts and wish them all the very best of luck in the future; those leaving include Josh Meekings, Dean Ebbe, Lewis Horner, Henri Anier, Greg Tansey and Jason Brown.  Alex Fisher is a player whom we tried to resign but he decided to take up an offer elsewhere and we wish him well at his new club.

On top of that Billy King, Billy McKay, Larnell Cole and Jamie McCart, all of whom were on loan, have left the club to either rejoin their parent club or are moving elsewhere.

Our top priority next season will be to get back into the Scottish Premier League. This is something that everyone at ICT is focused on and we will be giving 100% effort to achieve this goal.

WELL, that was a load of rubbish from our board. They are ruining our club and reputation.
  • Agree 2

Whether you run a professional club, a pub team or even a P1 school team you should have the common courtesy and courage of your convictions to clarify your intentions as to whether or not you require the services of a player who has previously represented your club/team.  When it comes down to professional players with mortgages and dependents it becomes altogether more critically important that you are frank, open and professional in your dealings with players who, for whatever reason, are no longer part of your plans.   I'm sure we're not the first club to withdraw a contractual offer to a player following a change of manager but what sets you apart is how you handle any such difficult conversation.  It appears that we have entirely lost any semblance of what is and isn't acceptable conduct in this regard.   Most worryingly the damage that the incumbent regime has done to the club's reputation in the last few weeks is quite frankly staggering.  We seem to lurch from one public relations disaster to the next and someone needs to take this situation in hand as a matter of urgency.  If you were a player or agent operating in this environment would you be particularly receptive to dealing with a club who are repeatedly shown to operate in this manner?

• Agree 6

So, as Chris says, we've had Josh Meekings find out via Twitter that he wasn't getting a new deal, Duncan Shearer getting an email and voice mail that he wasn't getting a new deal and the club not even bothering to let McNaughton know that a contract offer has been withdrawn. Throw in the laughable season ticket launch and you've got a pretty shambolic 'off season' from ICT. How many more PR mistakes can we make in the space of only a few weeks?

Edited by RiG

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

So as Chris, says we've had Josh Meekings find out via Twitter that he wasn't getting a new deal, Duncan Shearer getting an email and voice mail that he wasn't getting a new deal and the club not even bothering to let McNaughton know that a contract offer has been withdrawn. Thrown in the laughable season ticket launch and you've got a pretty shambolic 'off season' from ICT. How many more PR mistakes can we make in the space of only a few weeks?

Plenty time to make more mistakes yet unfortunately 

58 minutes ago, RiG said:

2 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Interesting reading on the Mcnaughton situation, 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1276575/end-game-for-mcnaughton-after-caley-thistle-release/

That's a terrible way for the club to act towards him, surely if finances were suddenly an issue a face to face meeting to apologise and explain is the least the club could have done. Think Kevin deserved more than that given his determination to get back into the squad and his behind the scenes coaching work 

It's extremely unprofessional, that's for sure! In fact, it's embarrasing - if the club can't offer a new contract, they could have at least the decency to tell the players face to face.

What other workplace would an employer get away with offering a job & then taking it away again! 

Hardly going to encourage new signings, is it!

The following players are still under contract and are expected to be part of the squad moving forward. All the players under contract have indicated that they are wanting to stay and help the club regain its Premier League status.  The current ICT players are Owain Fon-Williams, Ryan Esson, David Raven, Gary Warren, Ross Draper, Iain Vigurs, Liam Polworth, Scott Boden, Aaron Doran, Jake Mulranney, Brad McKay and Carl Tremarco.

This is the bit that scares me they call out these players as being there next year but all the stories awe are hearing is that nearly all of them are going.

Does this mean cammy mackay has gone as well.?

19 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

This is the bit that scares me they call out these players as being there next year but all the stories awe are hearing is that nearly all of them are going.

Does this mean cammy mackay has gone as well.?

I take it this is all just speculation that these players have left. I would be amazed if that's true.

17 hours ago, old caley girl said:

His wife has put her salon up for lease so I think we must assume he might go? 

Really hope this is all rumour and speculation  surrounding Ross Drape, although I am very surprised he wasn't one of the first to be picked off.

A massive presence on the park his influence and will to win is vital to us getting out of the Championship at the first attempt and one of the few decent performers from last season.     

• Agree 1

If this speculation is true then at this rate due to lack of more credible cheaper options I can fully expect to be playing in midfield come the first match against Brechin!

Edited by LuluCaley
Grammar

Sad to say, but despite all the success we've had in the 20+ years of ICT's existence,  in many ways (state of the ground, toilets, club shop etc etc) we are still being run like a Highland League team.  And that is probably an insult to some HL clubs who, I'm sure, are far better at communicating with their players, staff and fans than we seem to be.

• Agree 7

11 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

they can't promise who will/won't be remaining at the club!

But they did, that's the point. All the press releases linked, the statements from Foran - we were told the PRIORITY was to return to the Premiership - or was it all to dupe the fans into renewing their ST. Now it looks like the priority is to slash costs and prepare for a stint in the lower leagues, there no ambition or direction coming out of the club

Edited by bdu98196

32 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

But they did, that's the point. All the press releases linked, the statements from Foran - we were told the PRIORITY was to return to the Premiership - or was it all to dupe the fans into renewing their ST. Now it looks like the priority is to slash costs and prepare for a stint in the lower leagues, there no ambition or direction coming out of the club

I might not have agreed with you about the club deliberately misleading the fans to renew our season tickets (I don't think they are on the ball enough to have thought that far ahead to be honest...) - can see where you're coming from, though, but fear you may be right about preparing for a stint in the lower leagues - nothing that's happened over the past few days has inspired any confidence about a serious push for promotion.

2 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

Sorry strong speculation but draper raven, fon Williams and esson as a player all seem very credible. rumours. I hope I am wrong but was based on training pics comments earlier.

That's just a photo of a bunch of guys doing laps of a pitch.

While the board are useless and our communication is terrible I think releasing a statement detailing exactly who attended training that day is expecting a bit much.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Given the way things have been (mis)managed since he stood down, perhaps those who were so vocal and frankly vitriolic against Kenny Cameron will now appreciate just what a decent job he did over the years.

Sorry but do not agree, he is as much to blame as anyone for the absolute shambles the club is in at the moment, maybe more as he was in the chair when Foran was awarded an unprecedented 4 year deal. He also sat back and did nothing as we imploded, during a complete car crash of a season culminating in where we are today, stalking the bottom of the Highland League for players, hoping they will choose us over Arbroath. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

22 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Given the way things have been (mis)managed since he stood down, perhaps those who were so vocal and frankly vitriolic against Kenny Cameron will now appreciate just what a decent job he did over the years.

Sorry Kingsmills but if he had done such a decent job (for which I'm sure he was very well paid) we would have had an infrastructure to protect against such failings. I just can't believe how many people credit so much to him. My opinion I know but he has left this club in an absolute mess.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Sorry Kingsmills but if he had done such a decent job (for which I'm sure he was very well paid) we would have had an infrastructure to protect against such failings. I just can't believe how many people credit so much to him. My opinion I know but he has left this club in an absolute mess.

Out of interest, what kind of infrastructure are we talking about here?