Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

1 hour ago, forresjags said:

Sorry but do not agree, he is as much to blame as anyone for the absolute shambles the club is in at the moment, maybe more as he was in the chair when Foran was awarded an unprecedented 4 year deal. He also sat back and did nothing as we imploded, during a complete car crash of a season culminating in where we are today, stalking the bottom of the Highland League for players, hoping they will choose us over Arbroath. 

I have given you a green dot as you are very near the truth in what you say 

3 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Sorry Kingsmills but if he had done such a decent job (for which I'm sure he was very well paid) we would have had an infrastructure to protect against such failings. I just can't believe how many people credit so much to him. My opinion I know but he has left this club in an absolute mess.

Have to agree with your last sentence. Mr Cameron is as culpable as anyone for the current mess we find ourselves in. In my opinion, contact with the fans deteriorated when he was Chairman and his record was not good although the rest of the board must take some responsibility but as Chairman, it was Mr Cameron's role to take the club forward.

I have said this before that we have had no forward planning from the board for several years and this has now come home to roost for the club in many ways be it young players coming through, facilities etc.

• Agree 4

If it is any consolation I saw Ross Draper in training gear at the Club this morning, so he hasn't left the building. May not mean he is staying but I certainly hope he does.

Despite all promises about communication with the fans there is still a deathly silence. Has the Board changed apart from the new Chair ?? even the incumbent Director is one of the same gang, what is going on here. Still time to weed out and transplant, as things are we are going from bad to worse by all accounts.

The friendlies are about to start and we appear to be completely disorganised off the field, don't know about on the field but at the moment I am concerned.

Come on ICTFC get a grip and let us know what is happening.

I am going to be optimistic and assume the club is waiting until after July 1st when contracts expire and stop worrying. 

The fact that robbo has better use of his money than lang  and mcnaughton is also what gives me hope. 

Optimistically 

Calum

39 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

That's the problem, there should be lots going on. Maybe there is behind the scenes but nothing so far to enthuse fans.

There is lots going on behind the scenes :argue:

3 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

I am going to be optimistic and assume the club is waiting until after July 1st when contracts expire and stop worrying. 

The fact that robbo has better use of his money than lang  and mcnaughton is also what gives me hope. 

Optimistically 

Calum

Robbo is going to bring in 3 more :happy: should be next week

• Agree 2

Both names appear completely underwhelming due to lack of first team appearances, even though they've been at clubs quite a way down the league system, and also they have history of injury. But maybe that's just the market we are in now....

On the plus side they are still young at 21-22 and if they stay injury free we might see their true potential.

26 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Both names appear completely underwhelming due to lack of first team appearances, even though they've been at clubs quite a way down the league system, and also they have history of injury. But maybe that's just the market we are in now....

On the plus side they are still young at 21-22 and if they stay injury free we might see their true potential.

This is the market we are in. Young guys who feel they have a point to prove and probably won't cost us the earth whilst they try and achieve some success. Fingers crossed we pick up another Hayes type player for this season.

• Agree 2

Ivor Lawton 

Speaking in May 2014, Coventry City Academy manager Richard Stevens said that Lawton was "competitive, combative and a real aggressive midfield player" who was "a warrior and leader among men".[11] He is also able to play across the defence

Its the market we are in.

Free transfer, rejected by club he loves and supports  with a point to prove . I like the sound of Lawton already and will fully support what I hope will be a successful rehab and return to first team football and progression in his career and caley thistles success. Read some of his press online.

On a different note did anyone listen to the sportsound podcast around the trialist game held by the SPFa in june. Shows how many kids get rejected at this age and then come back later after taking a step back. Really interesting listen.

Couldn't see as much on the striker but will keep an open mind.

I still wish we had given Jason brown the chance as well but cest la vie.

Sorry slightly off topic but a big season for Jake Mulraney this year. Thought  his introduction to the top flight came a little to early for him last season, he faded in and out of games quite significantly which is understandable given his age, experience and more often than not the tactics RF played .  He needs a consistent run in his favoured position, needs to get amongst the goals early on and then hopefully we will see the best of him.

A definite match winner.  

There are going to be a lot of players without a club next week. could be some gems amongst them.The more towards August we get, the more chance we could snap a few up who may be out of our budget as they look for a club 

In todays P&J, Bodens departure confirmed for one thing

Caley Thistle manager John Robertson hopes to add up to five new signings to his squad next week.

Inverness have a squad of 13 for the upcoming Championship season following the release of attacker Scott Boden, who has been freed from his contract with two years remaining.

The Highlanders’ only signing of the summer so far has been former Falkirk forward John Baird but Robertson is optimistic he is closing in on fresh additions.

One of them looks set to be former AFC Wimbledon attacker George Oakley, who has been offered a one-year contract, while Robertson is also running the rule over former Coventry midfielder Ivor Lawton, who has arrived on trial.

Robertson said: “Hopefully by this time next week we will have another three or four, or possibly five signings.

“We can then start getting into the nitty gritty of who is going to play, and who is showing enough to start the games. But I’ve been encouraged by the quality of player we’ve attracted and are very close to signing.

“We need to bolster what we have here. We have a really good squad of players, good experience and good ability.

“We need to add the finishing touches to that.

“Right now, our priority is defence. We think we’re over the line with two defenders who will be joining us this week to create that competition.

“We’re very close to getting another young lad on loan.”

One of Inverness’ new additions will be former Ross County and Partick Thistle goalkeeper Mark Ridgers, who is finalising his move to Caledonian Stadium after agreeing a deal with Caley Jags.

Robertson added: “It is all agreed with Mark and we’re just waiting for the final aspects of it with his agent. He adds good competition there. When he played with St Mirren three years back he was their player of the year in the Championship.

“Mark’s at an age, 26, where he has flitted about and apart from that one season at St Mirren hasn’t nailed down a regular starting position. That’s up to him. He has to come here and earn it.”

Robertson says the wages freed up from the departure of Boden, who failed to make an impact after joining from Newport County last summer, will be reinvested, adding: “We are bringing in two players on Scott’s wages, with a little bit left over.

“I’ve been enthused by the calibre of player who wants to come and play for us. We’ve turned down some decent players we felt weren’t quite the right fit

Edited by CableGuy

13 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Robertson says the wages freed up from the departure of Boden, who failed to make an impact after joining from Newport County last summer, will be reinvested, adding: “We are bringing in two players on Scott’s wages, with a little bit left over.

Hmmmmm...

• Agree 2