Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

On 2017-6-29 at 9:26 AM, Naelifts said:

A lot of injuries in these players histories. I guess this is the pond that we must fish in though. I just hope we get it right

I'm not too worried about injury histories - yes, that may backfire, but as Naelifts said, this is the pond we are fishing in..

Seem to remember Craig Dargo came to us after hardly playing for Killie due to injuries & he worked out ok..players with that sort of history may have a point to prove & a shop window to put themselves in.

Hoping we will get a good run of games out of Aaron Doran this season - he, along with Mulraney would be deadly (if Jake can deliver the end product, that is).

12 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Yeah and the worst thing about him, his biggest mistake and ultimate fail was his complete and utter refusal to believe that even when it was blatantly obvious to everyone else, internally and externally that his players and tactics weren't working, that he might have been wrong. His stubbornness and pig headed determination to see it through in his own vision single handedly cost us our place in the spl 

#pedantalert

There is no such thing as the SPL anymore. It folded 4 years ago.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 30/06/2017 at 11:38 AM, Yngwie said:

If it is true about Boden's salary, he has to be right up there amongst our worst ever signings. At least Barrowman scored a few goals. 

I shudder to think how much we had to pay him to leave.

Looks like he is going to sign for Wrexham.

23 hours ago, Libero said:

Astounded by the amount Boden is rumoured to be getting paid. What a complete waste of money that transfer has been. Certainly hope that the termination of his contract was by mutual consent rather than a pay off!

I'd like to think rather than being paid off so to speak, we continued to pay him until he signs elsewhere. And maybe any difference in wages if he's taken a wage cut.

Seems though that the wage money is there to reinvest so any pay off appears nominal.

On another note, I'm sure I've had Joe Chalmers in football manager. 

Edited by iamthecaptain1
Formatting

3 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

Please....

:blink:

28 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

#pedant alert

Your signature is rather out of date :whoosh:

I have signatures turned off. It could be anything for all I know.

Tyrone Smith tweeting that Ridgers and Oakley are now confirmed as having officially signed. 

Wouldn't be too surprised to hear confirmation of OFW's departure in next couple of days.

31 minutes ago, rocky1 said:

Reported Club turned down a £50,000 offer for Draper from across the bridge.

Delighted to hear it as he is key to success.

If true, here's hoping that is with a view to keeping him and mounting a promotion challenge rather than squeezing another ten or twenty thousand out of County or indeed anyone else.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, rocky1 said:

Would be heartbreaking seeing him in one of their strips. 

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, lightwelter said:

What a fall from grace it would be for County to poach one of ours. We can't let that happen.

With County in a division higher than us, we have already fallen from grace. We need to be retaining players like Draper rather than letting them cross the bridge for a relative pittance if that situation is to be remedied.

16 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

With County in a division higher than us, we have already fallen from grace. We need to be retaining players like Draper rather than letting them cross the bridge for a relative pittance if that situation is to be remedied.

More referring to the fact that we used to poach their players like Rankin and Cowie, hopefully Drapes would be more loyal than to move to our main rivals.

4 hours ago, Hiro said:

Tyrone Smith tweeting that Ridgers and Oakley are now confirmed as having officially signed. 

Wouldn't be too surprised to hear confirmation of OFW's departure in next couple of days.

Any word about Cammy Mackay?

Last I heard the club were speaking to him but that was a while ago.

I thought this could be his breakthrough season, but perhaps not.

7 minutes ago, lightwelter said:

More referring to the fact that we used to poach their players like Rankin and Cowie, hopefully Drapes would be more loyal than to move to our main rivals.

If the club accept a five figure offer from County it says more about the ambition, or perhaps lack of it, from the board rather than Draper's commitment or loyalty which I don't doubt for a minute.

14 minutes ago, Robert said:

Any word about Cammy Mackay?

Last I heard the club were speaking to him but that was a while ago.

I thought this could be his breakthrough season, but perhaps not.

He's been offered and accepted a 1 year deal 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, rocky1 said:

I wouldn't part with Draper unless it was for a fee closer to double that.