Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Scott Boden is due to be unveiled by Wrexham today.

Amusingly, their Red Passion fans forum has some less than complementary quotes about him lifted from this site!

Unveiled suggests he's been in some kind of veil for perhaps 12 months!! Perhaps unwrapped is a better description. In the past he has scored goals against Wrexham for two different teams and that is probably why they have signed him. Normally we wish players well, but he never seemed to form a relationship with our supporters. The best that we can say is that his signing here proved to be a major error and credit to those who facilitated his exit. 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, RiG said:

Some chat that we're after Paul Quinn and we've offered him a contract.

Definetly a worthwhile signing - suprised the Fortune Tellers released him to be honest. Think he only left Aberdeen as he didn't settle there & wanted to stay in this area, if I remember correctly?

A 'no-brainer' signing, I think...

1 minute ago, jingsmonty said:

Definetly a worthwhile signing - suprised the Fortune Tellers released him to be honest. Think he only left Aberdeen as he didn't settle there & wanted to stay in this area, if I remember correctly?

A 'no-brainer' signing, I think...

If the financial terms are right. 

The Calder fella just signed apparently. Seems he is a defensive midfielder, while its a position we probably do need strengthening i just hope it doesn't mean Draper is away. Id argue Draper could be the difference between going up straight away or not, he's a Rolls Royce of a player who, in my opinion, doesn't get the plaudits he deserves. He was every bit as good as Shinnie, Watkins and Tansey in our cup winning season. 

• Agree 9

2 hours ago, TtotheOtotheM said:

Id argue Draper could be the difference between going up straight away or not, he's a Rolls Royce of a player who, in my opinion, doesn't get the plaudits he deserves. He was every bit as good as Shinnie, Watkins and Tansey in our cup winning season. 

Sh! We're trying to hold on to him. Don't go bigging him up!

• Agree 4

The rapid increase of signings that appear from first glance to be more useful and dynamic players than signings made by both Yogi and Foran is starting to fill me with optimism for the season ahead. Perhaps Robbo coming back is a stroke of genius? Only time will tell but I'm starting to get really excited! 

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

The rapid increase of signings that appear from first glance to be more useful and dynamic players than signings made by both Yogi and Foran is starting to fill me with optimism for the season ahead. Perhaps Robbo coming back is a stroke of genius? Only time will tell but I'm starting to get really excited! 

We won't know for sure until the season starts in anger, but I share your optimism!!

Also saw on twitter that Elbouzedi has apparently agreed terms with us..

Edited by jingsmonty
Typos in post

I have just looked through all the youtube footage of these guys and they look amazing .......they are almost as good as scott boden and dumbaye on youtube.

Honestly though it is great to see so much freshness , ambition and talent being signed as potential future stars though. Sort of back to the bring them in shape them up ship them out strategy just hope we can collect better returns on the players this time.

How has Robbo and the board everyone castigates done it?

Some of the signings sound decent enough but its really far too early to say if they're any good or if the manager has done a good job in the transfer market. Boden came with a decent scoring record in league 2 remember.

It is good to see some younger players being signed with a blend of experience at this level so at this stage I am fairly content with the activity.

Draper needs to be retained, I agree that he could be the main catalyst(by playing him in his best position) to us gaining promotion.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

TBF a lot of the signings Foran had made last summer were generally welcomed by the fans (myself included) as they were the players we needed at the time i.e. strikers, defenders instead of the plethora of midfielders signed by Hughes. Obviously things didn't work out so I'll remain cautions.

Regardless, glad to see us making moves to strengthen the playing pool.

7 minutes ago, jagster said:

Any relation to the great Clarence Seedorf?

Clarence Seedorf is his uncle.  I see both STV and the P&J are saying Riccardo Calder has signed up but nothing official yet from the club.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RiG said:

TBF a lot of the signings Foran had made last summer were generally welcomed by the fans (myself included) as they were the players we needed at the time i.e. strikers, defenders instead of the plethora of midfielders signed by Hughes. Obviously things didn't work out so I'll remain cautions.

Regardless, glad to see us making moves to strengthen the playing pool.

I'm pretty sure Robbo would have a better eye for a player than Richie!  A lot more experience and probably a lot better contacts.

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, caley100 said:

I'm pretty sure Robbo would have a better eye for a player than Richie!  A lot more experience and probably a lot better contacts.

That's my hope too...like RiG said,i was happy enough with RF's signings last year but feel confident as we seem to be strengthening the positions right through the team

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Renegade said:

Clarence Seedorf is his uncle.  I see both STV and the P&J are saying Riccardo Calder has signed up but nothing official yet from the club.

Cheers. Wouldn't it be good if his Uncle came even once to see him play :ictscarf:

• Agree 1