Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

Doofers i sort of agree with you but really want draper to stay for all the character and mental strength he brings to the team.

Even when out of position and in struggling team he brings a focus and concentation to himself and others.

That being said if vigurs polworth and draper cant play together and club can get money for one of them then i could understand but not like the decision. 

Conflicted as always until we start winning. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, forresjags said:

Maybe I could live with this transfer if it wasn't such a derisory offer. £100 000 is the figure being talked about, Boyce went for over 5 times as much after 1 good season. That for me sums it up. Tell them to GTF. 

He was also the league's top scorer and the big difference between being a real relegation threatened side and ending up relatively safe. His importance to the team being clear with drapers less clear. 

If Vigurs is to fill the deep role centrally like he did rather successfully against Dundee United I'd like to see a more technical player available to us going forward who can beat a man and thread through balls. I'd be delighted if we managed to sign someone in that mould and keep Draper but financially something has to give whether it's Draper, Raven or OFW time will tell.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Ach well if its true look on the bright side, at least we have appointed a much needed Chief Operating Office. Who needs a strong presence in the centre of midfield when you can have a shiny new Chief Operating Officer in the boardroom. 

Ach as long of the old boys club have a job, that's all the matters...

On 06/08/2017 at 9:40 AM, Hiro said:

Worst fears re Draper about to be confirmed by the sounds of it.  £100k enough to get the deal done.  

Meh.  I doubt Robbo will see any of it either.

If the offer was nearer the £200k mark rather than a rather derisory figure of half that amount I could probably live with it begrudgingly. Do we need the money? Do we have quality replacements lined up? 

Has he been at his best? No. Few were last season. I'm not sure it's relevant to this season tbh. It's a level down and a fresh start with a new manager. He wasnt always played in the best positions last season either, like several others.

I'd rather keep him and find a way to get him, Polworth and Vigurs in a central midfield trio. (4-3-3, a narrow diamond 4-4-2, 3-4-2-1 with wing backs and Polly up besides another 10 behind the striker. ). Not something that will happen in a flat 4 midfield. 

Seems moving OFW on is a must, but why sign a keeper untill that's possible?

Did Meekings reject a contract? He seemed quite surprised when news was announced he was being released. Pretty sure his twitter read something along the lines of "news to me"

All the rats are deserting the sinking ship. There seems to be no loyalty in football anymore. If it is true that he put in a transfer request, I'm disappointed as I thought some of the players who got us relegated might want to stay and try to get us back up. 

• Agree 2

Hopefully that will mean some money to strengthen the squad, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Disappointing doesn't even begin to to describe it. Of all the places for him to end up - not Aberdeen, but that doesn't make it any better. 

Looks like it's time to face up to a period of painful mediocrity.

I think we must now be officially the laughing stock of Scottish football. Going from Scottish cup winner's and Europe to relegation and losing our best players to our rivals! What is this club doing???? We only get tidbits of information from the 'closed shop'. Where's the meet and greet for season ticket holders before the season starts, was it not stated that Tremarco would be presented with his player of the year trophy at the start of the season? And so much for Robbo saying once August came no other players would be sold. 

• Agree 1

The thing is he's asked to leave and his contract was running down. We could have kept him but we'd risk having an uncommitted player who'd eventually leave for nothing. 

I imagine like most he would have been happy to stay but unfortunately the reality of relegation means that clubs will look to poach your better players for reduced fees and offer the chance to play in the top division. Once that happens it's often likely the player will leave. I imagine he'd have stayed and fought if no offers were made. I don't think he actively sought a transfer.

While I dont think the club had much choice and had to reluctantly let him leave, I'm annoyed that it's clearly been done so cheaply.