2017/18 Fixtures

RiG

Out now and are of course subject to change as the TV companies still need to select what matches will be shown. Obviously not a massive issue for us normally and even less so this season but some games are still shown on Alba.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/inverness-caledonian-thistle/fixtures

We open with Dundee United at home followed by Dunfermline away and Morton at home before a trip to Brechin to round off August. Tough opening set of games.

Christmas will see us travel to Morton and Brechin before a New Year "Derby" v Livi.

Not the start we would have chosen. I know you have to play everyone at some point, but as a team undergoing rebuilding and with a new manager it would have suited us more for the big games to come a bit later when things have gelled a bit more.

46 minutes ago, Gabby said:

Booked my trip to Scotland a few weeks ago hoping the draw would be kind, alas no game at TCS for me.  An away trip to Falkirk instead.

A replay of your last ICTFC match? Try to make it to a Dunfermline match away. The Bridies are the highlight of the Championship. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Hey TopSix

My last match was our home win against St J last season.  

Thing is I will be at a wedding in Dundee on the day we play Dundee utd away and I won't be able to go.

Same result against Falkirk will do me fine.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Renegade said:

Anyone know the best way of getting from Edinburgh Airport to Brechin?

Tram to Edinburgh gateway and change onto a service heading to Montrose then get a bus or taxi to Brechin.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Gabby said:

Thing is I will be at a wedding in Dundee on the day we play Dundee utd away and I won't be able to go.

I remember being at a wedding when an uncle tapped me on the shoulder and whispered "taxi'll be here in 2 minutes" and off we went to see the local team.

Nobody will notice if you disappear for a couple of hours - unless perhaps you are the best man. Or groom.

• Agree 2

Hmmmm, how far away is Forbes of Kingennie from Tannadice?

not in the official party, but I am sure Mrs Gabby will notice and will be none too pleased.

Edited by Gabby

It's about 7 miles or 15-20 minutes in a car, so not so easy - unless you can persuade the couple to switch the wedding to one of the pubs near the ground. Think of the money they'd save!

Edit to add: the name of this one confirms that it is very upmarket, and even has a function room! The broken windows might have even been replaced by the time the big day comes.

IMG_0118.JPG

Edited by Yngwie

Brechin or Dunfermline I'm hoping to get to one of these games, Which one would you recommend as the best away day. I would quite like to try Brechin as I've never been there but what's it like for pubs etc 

16 hours ago, Scotty said:

11 hours ago, RiG said:

Tram to Edinburgh gateway and change onto a service heading to Montrose then get a bus or taxi to Brechin.

Cheers.  Hopefully, providing there are no delays, I'll be in both America and Glebe Park on the same day!

13 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Cheers.  Hopefully, providing there are no delays, I'll be in both America and Glebe Park on the same day!

You are allowed to miss the odd game you know :laugh:

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

1 hour ago, RiG said:

You are allowed to miss the odd game you know :laugh:

Renegade missing a game :amazed: .......................well if he does I will have no choice but to stroke him of my Christmas card list!!! :crazy:

18 hours ago, Renegade said:

Anyone know the best way of getting from Edinburgh Airport to Brechin?

It's about £30-40 for car hire for the day plus fuel. 

Really depends how much free time you have regarding transport

Cannae wait to see ye all at EEP! 

Missed ye aw something terrible. 

Buff x 

Edited by buffy
  • Agree 1

On 23/06/2017 at 11:53 AM, Kingsmills said:

That start demonstrates just how tough this division is going to be. We need to hit the ground running. 

Not necessarily. If you remember we were languishing in mid table 12 points behind Dundee and there were calls for terry to walk in the first few months of our last foray down here. Cue 24 point swing. Champions in May.

It's not how you start in the championship. All about the run in. Sometimes it's better to chase early on and then peak post Christmas, keep off the radar early and once momentum kicks in let it go.

The playoffs are the minimum aim.