Caley Jags 2017/18 squad + changes in/out

Council Juice

No goals or assists for Polworth on Tuesday night but still some good contributions - excellent through balls in the moves for the first two goals to Mulraney.  He hit a similar pass for the second goal at Tannadice earlier this season, behind the full back to allow Mulraney to use his pace.

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, Caman said:

Nothing personal against him, but would rather use cash for his wages for players on the park than one sitting at an easel 

I was desperately trying to find an anagram of 'at an easel' but gave up :lol:

On 10/01/2018 at 7:49 PM, Caman said:

Back down south sounds like best bet for OFW then. Maybe he is making enough cash out of ICT and a bit extra with his artwork to be comfy in his current status. 

Nothing personal against him, but would rather use cash for his wages for players on the park than one sitting at an easel (as stated above by Kingsmills) 

Well said. It can't be good for his playing prospects (for a club and for his beloved Wales) that he is completely starved of game time and invisible to the public eye. If you're a professional footballer with a limited shelf life, why on earth would you do that? If I was him, I'd be pulling out all the stops to get away pronto and make a fresh start.

• Agree 1

On 06/01/2018 at 9:44 PM, old caley girl said:

Gets a lot of unwarented stick. However I do find him a frustrating player. Takes everything to heart and head goes down very easily at times. Still Id rather play him than not have him in the team 

That's a fair point...I'd like to think that's something Robbo would have identified & looked into adressing.

Robbo has certainly helped improved Jake Mulraney's game no end & helped the likes of Coll Donaldson & Joe Chalmers prove the sceptics wrong & become a valuable part of the squad.

As for Vigurs? One of our best players this season - he just needs to improve on the card count! 

Edited by jingsmonty
Additional text
  • Agree 1

On 14/01/2018 at 12:14 AM, cif73 said:

Well said. It can't be good for his playing prospects (for a club and for his beloved Wales) that he is completely starved of game time and invisible to the public eye. If you're a professional footballer with a limited shelf life, why on earth would you do that? If I was him, I'd be pulling out all the stops to get away pronto and make a fresh start.

Exactly...I had almost forgotten that OFW was still here! As others have said, nothing personally against him, but surely a move would benefit both the club & himself? He's been out of the shop window too long now & needs to just play, at whatever level he can find.

He would leave with my best wishes for the future....

• Agree 1

On 14/01/2018 at 12:14 AM, cif73 said:

If I had a job I was not required to do anything for not far under 2k a week (reportedly) I would hold onto it for as long as possible. It is unlikely he would get close to that off elsewhere now so will be beneficial for him to hold on. He owes the club no loyalty after the way he was treated over the summer and into this season.

• Facepalm 2

Folk just seem to think that OFW should happily tear up his quite lucrative contract with us and go off to any old team for buttons. Get real. as much as he will probably want to play football he also needs to make sure he gets an appropriate contract for doing so. Clearly none of the offers on the table so far have come close to what he earns at ICT so why should be move? As above, if you were being told by your employer that they didn't want you any more and they said you should leave but weren't willing to pay you off would you move to any old job for 25% of your current salary just to be able to do some work?

• Agree 4

47 minutes ago, Iain said:

He owes the club no loyalty after the way he was treated over the summer and into this season.

I suspect you might find it was OFW who, as soon as we got relegated, exercised a relegation clause enabling him to leave for free.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Folk just seem to think that OFW should happily tear up his quite lucrative contract with us and go off to any old team for buttons. Get real. as much as he will probably want to play football he also needs to make sure he gets an appropriate contract for doing so. Clearly none of the offers on the table so far have come close to what he earns at ICT so why should be move? As above, if you were being told by your employer that they didn't want you any more and they said you should leave but weren't willing to pay you off would you move to any old job for 25% of your current salary just to be able to do some work?

It's funny.  When a player is offered more wages and leaves the club, 'it's a good deal for his family'.  When a player gets probably as good a deal as he can get the same people will complain that 'he should leave to play football'.  Funny old world.

Two weeks ago Susan went on trial at Go Ahead Eagles, without success. 

(Not sure if this belongs here or in ex-ICT players news, but presumably he is still under contract? Maybe he’ll just be swept under the same carpet as André Martins!)

I remember looking Andre Martins after he left us and found a story of a Chilean club who wanted to sign him after he sent a video to them and when he turned up to sign, he wasn't the same person from the video!  Wonder if we were conned by that trick true...

Incidentally, if Zschusschen is fit enough to go on trial somewhere, is he fit enough to be in our squad?  Unless of course his lack of ability keeps him behind the U20 lads in the pecking order!

A Dutch press article on the internet referring to his trial with Go Ahead Eagles says that, because of Zschusschen's journeyman tendencies, he uses a moving van instead of car. Here's hoping he has need of it again this month. :crazy:

• Agree 1

5 days left of the window. We've lost Raven, Cooper and Elsdon and added Austin. With Susan and OFW frozen out, the squad is much thinner than the one we started the season with.  If we're serious about challenging for a play-off place, we're going to need to add a bit of depth.