Sign in to follow this  
Council Juice

Caley Jags 2017/18 squad + changes in/out

Recommended Posts

Great news. I was very sceptical about his signing but he's been fantastic for us especially since the Dumbarton debacle. We could probably cope without Mulraney but not without Donaldson.

Humble pie tastes delicious for times like this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Louis Molt signing for Preston North End on 1st January. Not likely the Fish will come back on loan then. 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated the OP with new contracts for Donaldson and Tremarco. Also added Nathan Austin with contract length TBC.

So by my reckoning the only players contracts set to expire in January are Cooper (who given the arrival of Austin might be on his way) and Elsdon who hasn't kicked a ball on loan for us. So very likely that's not being extended.

David Raven too will be off to pastures new. Thanks for the memories!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Robbo has already confirmed that Elsdon is not having his loan extended.

I would personally drive Elsdon back to Scarborough myself to ensure he is gone. He was totally mince. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think we saw enough of him to form any opinion on how capable he may or may not have been.

Imagine if we'd punted Ridgers after only having seen him in action a couple of times....or Coll Donaldson for that matter?

Perfectly decent fella and whilst it didn't work out for him here, I wish him all the best for the future.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, Renegade said:

Elsdon was garbage.  Hopefully Cooper follows him out the door.

He was skinned by Highland League players, turned as quick as the titanic and was utter guff. He may have been a decent chap but garbage footballer. 

Having said that he will probably join Barcelona for 300 million euros by 2019. :lol:

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caman said:

He was skinned by Highland League players, turned as quick as the titanic and was utter guff. He may have been a decent chap but garbage footballer. 

Having said that he will probably join Barcelona for 300 million euros by 2019. :lol:

More likely Leatherhead or Dulwich Hamlet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remaining players that are out of contract at end of season then are:

Ryan Esson – GK coach/ player - GK

• Aaron Doran - LW - wait and see

• Iain Vigurs - CM - try to keep

• Jake Mulraney - RW - keep, though may have to sell now to recoup money

• Brad Mckay - CB - keep

• Cammy Mackay - GK - keep

 John Baird - FW - could allow to leave

• George Oakley - FW - keep

• Connor Bell - FW - keep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
9 minutes ago, Council Juice said:

Remaining players that are out of contract at end of season then are:

Ryan Esson – GK coach/ player - GK

• Aaron Doran - LW - wait and see

• Iain Vigurs - CM - try to keep

• Jake Mulraney - RW - keep, though may have to sell now to recoup money

• Brad Mckay - CB - keep

• Cammy Mackay - GK - keep

 John Baird - FW - could allow to leave

• George Oakley - FW - keep

• Connor Bell - FW - keep

Agreed mostly. But you missed,

OFW - He can go to free up funds if there is a taker.

Polworth - Can't decide. Keep if he takes appropriate wages. If not, he can go. Negativety about him appears detrimental. 

Mulraney - Nobody would buy him. PCA most likely scenario. 

Baird - get rid off now. 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Caman said:

Polworth - Can't decide. Keep if he takes appropriate wages. If not, he can go.

What do you mean by appropriate wage? Are you suggesting our players take further wage cuts for the glory of wearing an ICT shirt?
Not sure its relevant as I've heard there are three clubs "enquiring,"  so I would expect him to leave if not in this window then the summer. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Caman said:

Agreed mostly. But you missed,

OFW - He can go to free up funds if there is a taker.

Polworth - Can't decide. Keep if he takes appropriate wages. If not, he can go. Negativety about him appears detrimental. 

Mulraney - Nobody would buy him. PCA most likely scenario. 

Baird - get rid off now. 

I missed them because they're not out of contract at the end of the season as far as I'm aware. But yes OfW needs to go if he's not number 1. Wages needed elsewhere.

Would like to keep Polworth and Mulraney. 

Get a taker for Susan too hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
4 hours ago, AncientMariner said:

What do you mean by appropriate wage? Are you suggesting our players take further wage cuts for the glory of wearing an ICT shirt?
Not sure its relevant as I've heard there are three clubs "enquiring,"  so I would expect him to leave if not in this window then the summer. 

Appropriate wage for his contribution and ability. My opinion which i am entitled to. He is dispensable and replacable. On current form, I would drop him for Trafford, who appears to have more appetite. 

Simply, Polworth is stale and has a negativety about him.

I heard he was at Hearts training same time as Mulraney. I think it is best for him and ICT that he moves on this month. 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Caman said:

Appropriate wage for his contribution and ability.

I heard he was at Hearts training same time as Mulraney. I think it is best for him and ICT that he moves on this month. 

So you know the wages he or the other players are on? I suspect not so statements like that are just playing Football Manager, best kept to the Xbox. 

I do get your point but like so many opinions on here it is based on lack of information or facts. I also agree a move will be best for him, he's been the whipping boy for a couple of years so a fresh start elsewhere would give him a huge boost with that millstone removed. 

Don't think anything will happen this window, most likely the summer but if he does go, Doran better get his fitness back.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time will tell, but given some of the players out of contract - Vigurs, Polly & Doran have been part of the team that went down and haven't as yet shown they can cigar a lower league (although their ability suggests they should), the offers that they may have thought 12 months ago to be there may not be available to them now. None have demonstrated that they are better than Championship level for anything other than patches so the level of club and associated remuneration coming forward with offers may leave them making a decision as to whether ICT is the best place to be. If that's the case the club has to make offers based on where we are and not what players think - if they can go elsewhere after that for more then that's a personal & professional decision.

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

I believe his contract expires on the 7th, so yes.

Wasn't sure if that meant he was eligible to play on 7th or he's released on 7th. But thank you for the clarification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is available  on Saturday and referred to the match on Twitter. The club have retweeted it so his message is on the club website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CaleyD said:

I believe his contract expires on the 7th, so yes.

Going way off topic (sorry mods) but was it you that was thanked by the Skippinish singer for all the work behind the scenes at the event at the Northern Meeting Park on Hogmanay?

If so, very well done. It was a tremendous event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.