ICT v Forres

CableGuy

29 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Should be an interesting insight into Robbos team and tactics.

To an extent, yes, but we obviously won't be able to read too much into it when we'll be cobbling together a team of whoever's fit along with trialists and guys who've only just met their teammates. (Just getting our excuses in early!)

11 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Elbouzedi is an Irish youth internationalist recently released by West Brom.

Yes it must be Zak Elbouzedi, an Irish/Libyan right winger/forward who moved from Malahide to W Brom as a youngster. According to Transfermarkt he stopped featuring for their U21s last November.

22 minutes ago, ictchris said:

dunno who Leitch is.

Could it be Jack Leitch, son of Motherwell's Scott? A midfielder, he joined Airdrie last season on a contract until May. Can't find any news on him either extending or leaving.

A useful first work out and an encouraging clean sheet after our defensive woes last season. Good to see the likes of Raven, Warren and particularly Draper starting. Here's hoping all are still with us and playing their parts come the business end of the season.

• Agree 1

Thought No 3 Chalmers looked decent and solid, a good replace for Tremarco to start us off.... Davidson looked threatening until he went off injured looked a sore one, hope not as bad as looked, thought No 17 Fit looked very confident and quick and was terrorising their defence at times, a bit Mulraney esque with slightly more end product, Oakley looked decent too, thought Ridgers for me looked strong and commanded the area well. He committed himself to high balls and was confident in and around clearing his box 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

First half wasn't bad, Zak looked promising good feet, Chalmers steady at left back. 6 + 10 hard to say, did ok but nothing electric. Disappointed with Davidson, didn't offer much up top really IMO. Ridgers could be a decent signing. Hope a few more trialists come in though in next friendlies.

Pretty dull game on the whole but never mind. My thoughts on the trialists as follows:

Mark Ridgers - Had little to do on the whole. 

Number 11 - Best player on the park, very dynamic and a lot of good movement with and without the ball. 

Number 3 (Chalmers) - Did reasonably well without being too flashy. 

Number 9 (Davidson) - Not much to shout about really. Hardly involved and then got injured. Seemingly Elgin are after him too - I think that would be a better fit for him. 

Number 10 (Oakley) - Little service but nothing special. Saw nothing to get me excited. 

Number 6 (Leitch) - A few nice touches but not much really.  Looked a bit lightweight.

As mentioned, Davidson picked up quite a bad injury. This happens every time we play Forres. Why bother playing a team who are so brutal?

Edited by Renegade

13 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Pretty dull game on the whole but never mind. My thoughts on the trialists as follows:

Mark Ridgers - Had little to do on the whole. 

Number 11 - Best player on the park, very dynamic and a lot of good movement with and without the ball. 

Number 3 (Chalmers) - Did reasonably well without being too flashy. 

Number 9 (Davidson) - Not much to shout about really. Hardly involved and then got injured. Seemingly Elgin are after him too - I think that would be a better fit for him. 

Number 10 (Oakley) - Little service but nothing special. Saw nothing to get me excited. 

As mentioned, Davidson picked up quite a bad injury. This happens every time we play Forres. Why bother playing a team who are so brutal?

FFS hardly a brutal game , thought Forres outplayed us in the first half and the second was pretty uneventful .

Interesting to see Polworth still used as wide right midfield was hoping he would be a direct replacement for Tansey.

Hard to tell much about the trialist's after 1 game but liked the look of the young lad who came  on No 17 very direct and pacy.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Could it be Jack Leitch, son of Motherwell's Scott? A midfielder, he joined Airdrie last season on a contract until May. Can't find any news on him either extending or leaving.

Our number 6, looks like it could indeed be him.

IMG_0120.JPGIMG_0122.JPG

3 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Hard to tell much about the trialist's after 1 game but liked the look of the young lad who came  on No 17 very direct and pacy.

Foy, according to the team sheet.

I was there early enough to get a team sheet. Caley- 

1 Esson

2 Raven

3 Chalmers

4 McKay 

5 Warren

6 Leitch

7 Polworth

8 Draper

9 Davidson

10 Oakley

11 Elbouzedi

Subs

12 MacDonald

14 Lawton

15 Stark

16 Chalmers

17 Foy

18 Wilson

19 Ridgers (GK)

No 23 for Forres was Callum Howarth, who used to be with Caley.  

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Garrincha said:

I was there early enough to get a team sheet. Caley- 

1 Esson

2 Raven

3 Chalmers

4 McKay 

5 Warren

6 Leitch

7 Polworth

8 Draper

9 Davidson

10 Oakley

11 Elbouzedi

Subs

12 MacDonald

14 Lawton

15 Stark

16 Chalmers

17 Foy

18 Wilson

19 Ridgers (GK)

No 23 for Forres was Callum Howarth, who used to be with Caley.  

Who was playing for Caley Thistle ?

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Kingsmils, the Caley starting 11 were as on the team sheet list above. Mitch Foy was the only sub used, coming on for the injured Davidson. 

If you were asking about the Forres starting 11, they were Knight, G Fraser, Groat, Moore, L Fraser, Pollock, MacPhee, Duncanson, Howarth, R Fraser and Soane. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

Have we got a game tomorrow? quite a few players missing from today.

Forres had quite a few first teamers missing too. Whilst the result today didn't really matter, I can't help feeling that we should have been capable of scoring more than 1 against them.

IMG_0121.JPG

1 hour ago, Garrincha said:

Kingsmils, the Caley starting 11 were as on the team sheet list above. Mitch Foy was the only sub used, coming on for the injured Davidson. 

If you were asking about the Forres starting 11, they were Knight, G Fraser, Groat, Moore, L Fraser, Pollock, MacPhee, Duncanson, Howarth, R Fraser and Soane. 

:whoosh:

• Agree 2