Hellgin Vs ICT

caley100

Up there with one of the worst ICT performances I've seen. I'm as happy clappy as they come, but I really fear for the coming months considering how many first team players were in today's team - who were comfortably bossed by a L2 side. 

Grim. First outing of season for me. ICTFC lacking a goal threat and any real cutting edge to create chances. Lots of misplaced passes from us. The Elgin trialist team was a match and based on their 2nd half showing deserved win. Why I never learn and eventually give in and pay to watch these friendly games is beyond me. Saw nothing extraordinary to offer some hope for season ahead. Positives? Elgin pies were good and it was only a friendly.

Shocking display no optimism for games coming up. Apparently only 14 fit players, but still should have been enough to win this game. Seedorf & Calder looked ok, trialist at no6 was ok and young guy up front in 2nd half tried his best. Mulhraney poor, Vigurs poor. Baird's young lad (toddler) looked better kicking ball about at half time than most on display

We did ok first half but when we went 3 at the back for the second half we were awful. We did the opposite at Brora and went to a back four and we improved. I understand Robbo is trying out different things but I hope 3 at the back is not one he is considering 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Big G said:

We did ok first half but when we went 3 at the back for the second half we were awful. We did the opposite at Brora and went to a back four and we improved. I understand Robbo is trying out different things but I hope 3 at the back is not one he is considering 

Pretty fair assessment...not too worried, like someone else said, probably learn more from this (e.g.Mulraney ISN'T a striker...) than a thumping win.

We were fine 1st half & if we'd had a proper striker playing, surely would have scored. Pretty grim 2nd half though..

Agree that both Calder & Seedorf looked decent.

The clach boys & trialists were better last night against Nairn..!

• Agree 1

Well beaten by a more committed team.

Had hoped this would be Mulraneys season but he is really gonna have to improve dramatically and put the effort in. Same with Polworth needs to impose himself more ,should have been head and shoulders above the part timers of Forres and Elgin.

Positives both fullbacks seemed pretty comfortable on the ball and the no 2 think it was Seedorf looked like a very decent player.

Unfortunately the less said about the no 9 the better, offered nothing at all and looked disinterested.

Time to move on now and play our best 11 next week ..

Thought it was really poor, Elgin looked a very pacey, solid organised unit, we on the other hand looked to be playing second fiddle to just about everything. We looked totally outclassed and out muscled and certain players should hang their heads in shame tonight, one in particular... Polworth. Thought he was shocking today, looked clueless at times and his 2 free kicks into the box were laughably amateurish. Thought Calder was the one standout player for me, vigurs was also poor did little apart from walking about moaning and shouting at everyone. 

First half was a bit dire,trying to pass ball into net,nobody wanting to test keeper at all.We looked comfortable and the two fullbacks looked good on the ball.

Second half descended into chaos,second to every ball.passing poor and as I thought Elgin would tire in the second half was proved wrong,it was not a friendly for them and they deserved everything they got. Ran us ragged at times. Things will get better I am sure,Robbo will have had words.

Positives - 

• Calder looked decent.  Very attacking from full back and showed a lot of drive when dribbling with the ball.
  • Seedorf seems to have something about him.
  • Elsdon looked very commanding at the back before he was hooked at half time.  Strong in the tackle too.

Negatives - 

• The trialist Daryl Duffy was absolutely useless.
  • Vigurs and Polworth were poor.
  • Our shape was all over the place.
  • Our midfield was non-existent.  Elgin passed through us like there was no-one there.
  • In these friendlies, performance is really more important than the result and ours was absolutely terrible.  Elgin could and probably should have won by more.  Had they won 4-0 it wouldn't have been undeserved and this is an Elgin side missing their main goalscorer.
Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Duffy might have been an option 4 of 5 years ago when he was banging them in at Cheltenham but he can't seriously be seen as a viable option now. Surely there's better choices out there. 

Vigurs and Polworth cannot play as 2 central mids together. They just don't have the game for it. 

• Agree 1

Vigurs best position near the end of last season was sitting in front of the back four. He didn't have far to track back and he could thread a pass right through the centre of midfield to Fisher as the central defenders were pulled wide. Which leaves Draper and Polly in front, unless there's a better combination with the new signings.

54 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Vigurs best position near the end of last season was sitting in front of the back four. He didn't have far to track back and he could thread a pass right through the centre of midfield to Fisher as the central defenders were pulled wide. Which leaves Draper and Polly in front, unless there's a better combination with the new signings.

Vigers best position last season was on the bench!

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1