Extraordinary General Meeting - 3rd August.

On 13/07/2017 at 2:23 PM, caleyboy said:

No need for the sarcasm Scotty. I don't think I'm on my own with my views on that hideous club crest appearing on official club stationery. That is NOT our official club badge/crest and well you know it.

On 13/07/2017 at 3:39 PM, Scotty said:

I wasnt actually being sarcastic ... and if you search back the forums, you will see my views on the crest match yours. 

Ok can someone post an image of the offending headed paper with a comparison to the real crest. I'm curious. 

A wee bit off topic  perhaps, but--you got your papers within 3 days from Inverness Scottie?  That's spectacular. Don't they use the computer nowadays to inform fans of events like this? Less costly, far quicker delivery and saves the cutting down of trees as well .Meaning ? Well, maybe the club has a hidden reserve of money to burn. The many new signings this year also points to this as a possibility. Or not?

P,S.I also received a letter once from Inverness to the West coast of Canada in 3 days some 2 years ago but never again after that. The last letter I got here in Western Canada from my sister in Inverness a week ago took 11 days, using the dates on the stamp as a guide, which stunned me.Even the Pony Express in the 1800's  didn't take that long  to cross the north American continent. and that was even after fighting off Indians en-route as well.:wink: Mind you, the Canadian postal service is also going down the tube as far as we can determine. Less and less customers apparently. 

The last I heard  ( 2-3 years ago) was that it had been sold to Deutsche Post which obviously is using it to make money rather than to deliver a quality service to the population. Backed up by the fact that my metal community postbox on the street is filled to the brim daily with glossy paper advertisements which necessitates careful sorting to avoid letters being thrown out along with this unwanted stuff.  Is this, along with text-speak, the new "progress" by any chance?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 7/14/2017 at 7:16 PM, Council Juice said:

Ok can someone post an image of the offending headed paper with a comparison to the real crest. I'm curious. 

I'll do it in this thread as its already discussing the badge and has been posted to this week already : 

• 2 weeks later...

As suspected, soft loans have been made and I believe a substantial number of shares have been ring fenced to cover the loans. Highland Hospice shares have seemingly not yet been purchased. No sign of further investment (DM & AS). The club is obviously no longer "debt free" - surprise surprise!

9 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Well Charles - What is the craic mun ? :amazed:

The two proposals - to increase the available share capital from £3.9M to £5M and to remove the rights of pre-emption of existing shareholders - were both, totally predictably, carried unanimously.

Shareholders were also told that there is no specific buyer "in the frame" for the newly created equity, but the move is being made now rather that wait several months to the AGM so the club could be in a position to move quickly should such person or persons emerge. It was also confirmed that the shares donated to the Highland Hospice have not yet been bought by anyone - which means that slightly more than one third of the club's available equity is currently up for sale.

The formal business of the meeting was followed by a question and answer session.

Danny MacDonald was introduced to shareholders as the new Chief Operating Officer, as subsequently announced on the club website this morning.

The club also wants to have a Colts team in the Highland League and are taking the necessary steps to try to bring this about.

4 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

As suspected, soft loans have been made and I believe a substantial number of shares have been ring fenced to cover the loans. Highland Hospice shares have seemingly not yet been purchased. No sign of further investment (DM & AS). The club is obviously no longer "debt free" - surprise surprise!

Caleyboy's post above went up while I was typing my last one and this, although stated somewhat less generously, is entirely consistent with my understanding.

• Funny 2

What is Danny MacDonald's background in finance? Jobs for the boys...

How much do shares cost and can us plebs buy them?

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Caleyboy's post above went up while I was typing my last one and this, although stated somewhat less generously, is entirely consistent with my understanding.

Is there a need to be generous Charles?

8 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

Don't think he has any. Running a football club is not the same as coaching or development so he will need all the good luck he can get. I just hope he isn't the board's fall guy. 

Danny MacDonald has worked for the Orion Group as a Business Development Manager among other roles so he does have experience outside working as a coach. 

'Colts' side in the Highland League is interesting - I can't really see the HFL going for it. I think back in the days when The Highland League had an odd number of clubs we used to play the inactive team every week. A few teams are starting to look at moving to a 'B' team as opposed to a development team. Brentford in the Championship and Rangers up here to name two.

1 hour ago, ictchris said:

Danny MacDonald has worked for the Orion Group as a Business Development Manager among other roles so he does have experience outside working as a coach. 

'Colts' side in the Highland League is interesting - I can't really see the HFL going for it. I think back in the days when The Highland League had an odd number of clubs we used to play the inactive team every week. A few teams are starting to look at moving to a 'B' team as opposed to a development team. Brentford in the Championship and Rangers up here to name two.

Big big difference in being a BDM to that of COO, but good luck to him.

Our previous HFL involvement gave our young uns good experience but two or three teams were against us getting into league.

2 hours ago, ictchris said:

We had a Colts team in the North Caledonian League at one stage (playing the likes of Alness United, Bonar Bridge and Tain Thistle!).  Wonder if that's another option if the HL predictably turns it down.

The orion group is just as big a jobs-for-the-boys network for the ict mafia as the club itself. Was robbo not given a job there once for some reason ?

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, PumpFake said:

I agree. This appointment lacks imagination and is a wasted opportunity.

Danny MacDonald is a football man who has had mixed success previously at the club. The fact is that, the last couple of seasons apart, we have been pretty good at the football side of things given our resources and, in the likes of Robbo, Charlie Christie and Brian Rice, there are a number at the club with a footballing background, football connections and football knowledge.

Where we have been very very poor ever since entering the league is on the marketing and commercial side whether that be in selling tickets and enthusing and engaging the Inverness public or in shifting merchandise and raising the profile of the club in a manner that generates income.

There was an opportunity in creating the new post of general manager to bring in a fresh face with fresh ideas from a marketing and commercial background and try something new. Instead we appoint a familiar face who brings nothing new to the club.

Very disappointing but not in the least surprising.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Where we have been very very poor ever since entering the league is on the marketing and commercial side whether that be in selling tickets and enthusing and engaging the Inverness public or in shifting merchandise and raising the profile of the club in a manner that generates income.

There was an opportunity in creating the new post of general manager to bring in a fresh face with fresh ideas from a marketing and commercial background and try something new. Instead we appoint a familiar face who brings nothing new to the club.

Very disappointing but not in the least surprising.

The last time we brought in a fresh face with fresh ideas from outwith the club as general manager it was Mike Smith and what did he bring to the club?  Danny Macdonald has been employed at the club for a while now so it may be a cost saving exercise giving him the new post.

9 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Have the HL agreed to this? I will be very surprised if they have. At the time of the merger Norman Millar approached the HL to ask about keeping a team in the HL and the reply was a resounding No!! 

Personally, I think that us wanting to have a colt team in the Highland League smacks of the same sort of arrogance as the Ugly Sisters wanting to have colt teams in the Championship.