Things you don't see anymore

DJS

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw one in the Glasgow Transport Museum last weekend! I didn't realise until quite recently that they were blue since I only ever saw them before on black and white TV.

Haven't seen one of those (Invacars I think they were called, possibly British made?) for about 30 years. I used to visit a garage in Ardrossan in my pre-teacher days where they serviced and painted the things. Used to get loads of them on the track at Ibrox, Parkheid and Rugby Park.

Think these blue invalid cars mentioned above, were actually green if you went to Parkhead....!!

Some great memories listed here that I can very easily relate to....

Don't try doing hand signals in this day & age....

You'll only get your watch stolen...!!  :015:

Milk Vending machines

Used to love its pyramid shape cartons which used to spill all over you when you tore them opened.  :009:

Ciggy street machines. Remember many a middle of the night trips to the machine located at Farraline park.  :011:

White dog poo  :dog01:

In the past once the poo had dried out you were basically left with a high calcium compound (White Dog Poo), but these days with the increase in 'un-natural' content in a dogs diet - fewer bones, bone-meal, butchers scraps, neighbours cats etc (think BSE scare and the outcome in regards to selling Meat on the Bone etc) and more cereal, added vitamins etc - then far more passes through the system as it is undigestible, thus instead of 'natural waste' you have poo that is full of....em....crap!!!...which contaminates the poo preventing it from drying out as quickly and also tainting it's more natural dried up colour.

Ladas

Its not that long since they stopped selling them but they were so hopeless they all seem to be off the road already.

Simcas

Lancias

Talbots

Triumphs

Austins

Morrises

Hillmans

Singers

Wolseleys

Rileys

and Rover, I suppose, will be next.

All the remaining Ladas were bought by russian seamen, stuck onto ships and taken back from whence they came - thank feck.

Another few old foreign sh1t heaps to dissappear - FSO, Moskovitch, Polonez, all in all we are well rid of these cars-if you can call them that.