The Liam Polworth Enigma

Robert

When I first saw Polworth play on video  I thought he did well and was one to watch for the future. So  I have become  confused at the subsequent criticism.

In these earlier days he seemed very positive and enthusiastic about getting forward and attacked aggressively.

If he has gone off the boil what has caused that I wonder? I know one thing - if John Robertson encourages and supports him then he may become a stalwart in his chosen position.

• 1 year later...

If he's heading off, to St Johnstone or wherever, I really hope he flourishes and has a great career.

Woth his assists, I think he has often been under rated, so he will be a great loss to us, either now or in the summer.

• Agree 4

5 hours ago, AncientMariner said:

Inverness "fans," when they realise they won't be able to shout abuse at Liam anymore.

giphy.gif

No doubt the boo-boys will start picking on someone else.

I would struggle to call these people supporters because they quite clearly aren't by definition of the word, .....''fans'' maybe even not that.

Well he rightly got subbed today. Every player upped their game after last week apart from Polly. There was no desire to win balls passing was poor and his work rate low today. Compared to White who I didn't rate but today was outstanding. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Facepalm 2

Mmmmm.  Father and Polly’s grandparents in North Stand today. Cynic would say we’re they there to watch his last game?  Think he took a nasty impact to the wrist and then a knock on the heel so sub was probably wise. Flashes of good play from him but at times a tad frustrating again.  As the topic says.....enigma. 

3 minutes ago, Weekend Hacker said:

Mmmmm.  Father and Polly’s grandparents in North Stand today. Cynic would say we’re they there to watch his last game?  Think he took a nasty impact to the wrist and then a knock on the heel so sub was probably wise. Flashes of good play from him but at times a tad frustrating again.  As the topic says.....enigma. 

Yeah he did get a cynical kick in the heel by Ayr player and got subbed after.

Don't think any players deserve criticism today as it was an all round decent performance.

If Polworth didn't want to be there, then the damaged wrist would have given him an excuse.  Instead he carried on despite being in a fair bit of pain.

Given Polworth was reportedly one of the players who has been ill recently but still played through feeling sick I'd say he did alright. 

Still though, got to slag someone off I suppose. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

W H.   In case you are still not aware of it I live about 5,000 miles away  from Inverness and if you are up for it can you please advise the COUNTY scoreline .

Thanks! :whistle:

I would happily oblige but, not being very numerate, I lost count mid way through the second half.

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

W H.   In case you are still not aware of it I live about 5,000 miles away  from Inverness and if you are up for it can you please advise the COUNTY scoreline .

Thanks! :whistle:

Phenom I think Scarlet was taking the **** :lol:

I like you, IBM! Ha! Ha!  Thank you , you are a real gentl:whistle:eman.

Golly Gosh  --I'm rumbled.  I already knew the score by doing exactly what one of you likely lads suggested. And I was so discombobulated (in a nice way , mind you) that I thought I would just remind you that you just have to be nice 'cos you will have to meet me on your way down when I am still mindlessly drifting upwards. I was just reading the BC world news online and drifted into an article about Ross County and found it really interesting.

However, frankly, speaking, I did not expect that score line, bejabbers. The next three games will decide our fate and just to show you how nice the Pimpernel family can be ,here is a nice read for you lads and lasses to weigh up en masse. We are going places ..Yes!

. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/scottish-championship/table   :mountie:

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Well he rightly got subbed today. Every player upped their game after last week apart from Polly. There was no desire to win balls passing was poor and his work rate low today. Compared to White who I didn't rate but today was outstanding. 

Robbo said in the post mach interview that Polly was out with the flu, so realistically, if we had a full squad, Polly would be in bed recovering...

• Agree 2

46 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Only question to be asked is can we afford Stefan Scougall ?

We won't be getting Scougall or the other guy linked why would St Johnstone offer that deal when we'd accept a nominal fee now or more likely pre contract! Good player Scougall doubt he'd come up here these days!