Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

0 goals from open play in competitive games. That has to be a concern going into the season.   I'm sure we can trot out the usual excuses  e.g. the league cup group stage is a bit of a glorified friendly, the team is gelling etc. but we need to see more improvement asap it it's going to be a long hard season.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Hiro said:

0 goals from open play in competitive games. That has to be a concern going into the season.   I'm sure we can trot out the usual excuses  e.g. the league cup group stage is a bit of a glorified friendly, the team is gelling etc. but we need to see more improvement asap it it's going to be a long hard season.

Did we not score 3 in the 1st game

Not going to read to much into this. Not even August yet, lots of new faces and against a more settled team who will undoubtedly be challenging for promotion. 

I take it we've signed Alex Cooper then? 

• Agree 3

Batten down the hatches, it's going to be a stormy old season and we'll be playing against the wind in every game. Early days...but. :blink:

Edited by Gringo
  • Agree 2

Long ball tactics in windy conditions are seldom a recipe for success.  Oakley looked decent when he came on but I thought Zschusschen was really poor.  Polworth also had a game to forget.  Seedorf had another good performance though.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Looks like we are effectively out of this tournament already. Looking at the other tables it's hard to see how we could end up as one of the best runners up - even assuming we manage 2nd place.

Seedorf & Oakley when he came on continued to look good. Robbos post match interview I thought was spot on....... lack of desire throughout the team. He singled out Polworth & Mulraney as players who need to UP their game !!!!!!! Seedorf, Oakley and Elsdon I thought had a good game.

Edited by MuirtownJaggy

• tm4tj unpinned this topic