Meeting with the Chairman 30th Aug

RedCard

Evening Folks.

I have a meeting with Graham Rae next Wed to discuss marketing and commercial ideas that myself and a few others have came up with.  We know that things have to change but in order to do that we need more income through the turnstiles and through other routes.  

If you have any ideas that would like to be pitched please let me know and i will pass them on to Graham. 

Edited by RedCard
  • Agree 1

Take some tips from the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen on the graphical design front. The posters and things we put up on Twitter and the website for events etc. look quite dated design-wise and are a bit disjointed stylistically. 

Solution: the club should invest in a copy of Photoshop.

11 hours ago, RedCard said:

Evening Folks.

I have a meeting with Graham Rae next Wed to discuss marketing and commercial ideas that myself and a few others have came up with.  We know that things have to change but in order to do that we need more income through the turnstiles and through other routes.  

If you have any ideas that would like to be pitched please let me know and i will pass them on to Graham. 

Good on you, for taking the initiative and good luck.

50/50 draws to be electronic as well as walk up. Subscription with number of lines as per lottery. 

That way the club generates money home and away and the ticket sellers are dealing with less cash .

Alter prizes to include a caley unique items from that game.  A signed program with comments from team or manager for away games as well. Costs little builds connection. 

Mom shirt signed instead of ball sometimes. Ball signed by goalscorer with times date of goals etc.  Use the uniqueness of the prize to drive appeal and subscription if always a ball people get tired. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

Instead of making the 50/50 more complicated we should replace the centenary club with something more innovative and readily accessible.

What would you suggest that would match or better the Centenary Club's take? And in what way is the Centenary Club inaccessible? (These are literal as opposed to rhetorical questions.)

I don't know what the income level is, but if the drop in prize money is any indication then it can't be much these days. The idea needs a freshen up to get people interested.

What makes it inaccesible is not being able to sign up online and you can't pay by card.

The fact that someone is employed to run it and is not out there actively signing people up is strange. What are they paid to do? Also, I can go into several shops in town and buy a ticket for clach lotto, why not us?

Since ICTFC was formed stuff like this has always seemed a bit like jobs for the (Caley) boys.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, RedCard said:

Not a directly commercial or marketing idea, but you could always ask if anyone knows what happened to Caley Jags Together and/or the Supporters Trust.  The Board really ought to know, because they wouldn't be able to have a proper shareholders' vote without knowing who could cast that 10% of the vote.

If it could be revived, an active supporters' club should surely be a positive asset to the football club - not least if they simply went out and brought more folk to the matches.

Edit:  Have just seen the post from a few minutes ago by highlandexile on the CJT thread.  Excellent news.  Make sure the Chairman knows - hope he can get together with CJT and make things happen!

Edited by snorbens_caleyman

I always bought a 50/50 ticket at every game but if your in getting a coffee at half time you never found out the winning numbers, so I stopped buying them, they used to have the winning numbers put up inside the ground every game but that stopped, not a lot of money but it would be an extra £20 odd pound from me a season into the club. To buy it automatically and receive the numbers in newsletter or email is great idea.

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

I don't know what the income level is, but if the drop in prize money is any indication then it can't be much these days. The idea needs a freshen up to get people interested.

What makes it inaccesible is not being able to sign up online and you can't pay by card.

The fact that someone is employed to run it and is not out there actively signing people up is strange. What are they paid to do? Also, I can go into several shops in town and buy a ticket for clach lotto, why not us?

Since ICTFC was formed stuff like this has always seemed a bit like jobs for the (Caley) boys.

Absolutely agree. I've seen far more stuff on social media and around the town promoting the Clach Lotto (even County's in some cases) than I've ever seen about the centenary club. If someone's employed to actually promote and run it then quite frankly they're not doing a very good job.

Who knows maybe it does very well and doesn't need promotion. 

Open up the west to standing only, pay at the gate £10 just like the old days. 200 people would generate an extra £2,000 less the cost of one turnstile operator and a couple of security bods. The tickets could be sold at the shop which would allow people to pay by card if they wished to. The price of seats is too expensive for those on low incomes/pensions. Some of my relations who were season ticket holders have refused to pay this seasons prices and have made the board aware of it. Creating a standing area would  give the board an opportunity to rectify their pricing without upsetting ST holders and may attract back those who baulked at this seasons prices.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

26 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

Open up the west to standing only, pay at the gate £10 just like the old days. 200 people would generate an extra £2,000 less the cost of one turnstile operator and a couple of security bods. The tickets could be sold at the shop which would allow people to pay by card if they wished to. The price of seats is too expensive for those on low incomes/pensions. Some of my relations who were season ticket holders have refused to pay this seasons prices and have made the board aware of it. Creating a standing area would  give the board an opportunity to rectify their pricing without upsetting ST holders and may attract back those who baulked at this seasons prices.

Great idea...why not!!

27 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

Long term, it would be great to see the west end area being properly developed, but think that's a long way off, both timewise & financially...

20 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

That appears to assume that all 200 in there - if it was full - would be new business and not just people who shifted from the North/Main stands to the West.

Probably too late for this season but the club needs to look at promoting short term season tickets, say for 6/10/12 tickets for those that cannot afford full season ticket. Alternatively, give fans a discount if they but say three tickets for different matches. Given the number of tourists in the city, do we provide flyers to hotels/B & Bs with details of our fixtures for them to display, wouldn't cost much. At the open night, it was mentioned club trying to get linked with the NC500 so this could tie in with that.

2 hours ago, Huisdean said:

Probably too late for this season but the club needs to look at promoting short term season tickets, say for 6/10/12 tickets for those that cannot afford full season ticket. Alternatively, give fans a discount if they but say three tickets for different matches. Given the number of tourists in the city, do we provide flyers to hotels/B & Bs with details of our fixtures for them to display, wouldn't cost much. At the open night, it was mentioned club trying to get linked with the NC500 so this could tie in with that.

A flexi ticket scheme is something that will be proposed at the meeting.