Meeting with the Chairman 30th Aug

RedCard

I was a Kingsmills Jaggie, from 1970 onwards, and went to all home games and most away games, and I always shout for the Jags or Inverness. Some of the other guys that sit near me are old Caley fans who shout for Caley, it's never been a problem, and we have a laugh and a bit of banter. I remember reading on the ICT website that the club said that fans can shout what they want, Inverness,  ICT, Caley, Thistle, Jags, Caleyjags, Caley Thistle, as long as they support their team. I think it's natural for supporters who followed their clubs in the Highland League to still have leanings to that part of the club, and it will be like that till all the fans who followed Caley and Thistle are gone. When we were kids, in the 60's and 70's we didn't have a Scottish League team, so we used to have a 'big' team and a Highland League team, now, all the young boys and girls have no excuse for following another team, they have a Scottish League team on their doorstep,  something we could only dream about. So, shout for Inverness or the Sneck or whatever your persuasion is, as long as you support the team.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

In the 23 years since formation I can't recall ever hearing someone call us Thistle or Jags.

Do you remember the late Bob MacKinnon, ex-Jags player turned football reporter? Back in the days when match reports were still dictated over the phone to copytakers, post-match in the press box, we frequently used to hear Bob refer to "Thistle" and "Jags" in his copy.

I NEVER refer to "Caley", nor indeed "Thistle", in any reports. It's always Caley Thistle or Inverness or occasionally ICT. Well, there was ONE exception when, prompted by poetic licence, I did on a certain notorious occasion wind up a full time report for Sportsound with the words: "Super County go ballistic, Caley are atrocious. Caley Thistle 1, Ross County 5." :sad:

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

I cannot / will not utter the c word. :wink:Though, to be fair, I do not refer to ICT as Thistle or Jags either. "Inverness" is the name I always use. I still find myself correcting people who call us "caley", reminding them that it took two clubs to form ICT!

In the 23 years since formation I can't recall ever hearing someone call us Thistle or Jags. Unfortunately it seems "caley" is the name of choice for most folk, and it still irks me to this day hearing us called that.:shrug02:

move on mun❤

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I've seen myself physically move from my seat to another if I'm unfortunate to have purchased a seat next to or in the close proximity of a jaggie 

Think if we are all being honest here we all know that the fools from up the hill should never have been included and deep down the jaggies know this too not they will ever admit it of course

Put it like this imagine if Celtic were forced to merge with Partick just to get acceptance to a European SuperLeague there would be absolute outrage and rightly so as it isn't required

Football has been sadly ruined by money and business men who are not in it for the game but for the status and prestige

Inverness sadly is a prime example of this hence why the crowds are so poor, more supporter  buses leave Inverness to other football grounds around the country than any other town or city in Scotland FACT

Personslly I'm finding myself being drawn back to watching highland league football, juniors or amateur and even that is not that often these days

When you see clowns like that Neymar moving for the ridiculous sums of money involved you know the game as older fans knew it is sadly dead

Sad and Depression is setting in but maybe that's being middle aged

Dougal

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, dougal said:

I've seen myself physically move from my seat to another if I'm unfortunate to have purchased a seat next to or in the close proximity of a jaggie 

Think if we are all being honest here we all know that the fools from up the hill should never have been included and deep down the jaggies know this too not they will ever admit it of course

I assume you don't sit in the Jock McDonald stand?

And ye're talkeen rubbeesh, mun!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, dougal said:

Put it like this imagine if Celtic were forced to merge with Partick just to get acceptance to a European SuperLeague there would be absolute outrage and rightly so as it isn't required

:rotflmao::stir::fishing:

• Like 1
  • Funny 3