Caley Jags Together

caleyboy

I think concrete action and initiative is to be applauded and encouraged, especially in this case.  Sadly, the weeks after the New Year period are going to be rather busy work wise.  Would there be any possibility of web links?  We have a certain diaspora that I’m sure would like to make a contribution.  In normal circumstances (the standard notice period) I’d have been able to make it over but not this time unfortunately. 

20 hours ago, Glover said:

I think concrete action and initiative is to be applauded and encouraged, especially in this case.  Sadly, the weeks after the New Year period are going to be rather busy work wise.  Would there be any possibility of web links?  We have a certain diaspora that I’m sure would like to make a contribution.  In normal circumstances (the standard notice period) I’d have been able to make it over but not this time unfortunately. 

I'll do what I can to make the meeting open/available to those unable to attend in person.

I've also contacted Supporters Direct Scotland to try and ascertain what their understanding is of things, whether the advice (if any) they have been given has been provided from a position of having all the information and whether or not they can offer any advice/guidance to the members to move things forward.  I await their response.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, CaleyD said:

I'll do what I can to make the meeting open/available to those unable to attend in person.

I've also contacted Supporters Direct Scotland to try and ascertain what their understanding is of things, whether the advice (if any) they have been given has been provided from a position of having all the information and whether or not they can offer any advice/guidance to the members to move things forward.  I await their response.

If it occurs between Christmas and 10th January, I will do my best to attend :ictscarf:

On 21/12/2017 at 3:51 PM, CaleyD said:

I spoke to Supporters Direct on Friday 16th and we are working to implement a plan within the constraints of the board. 

The lady we are dealing with left for leave on the 16th but she was able to give us clear advice.

I've checked and no date was agreed for the EGM as I personally have to contact the members who didn't take up the offer of renewing membership.  I was asked to complete this by the end of January so the EGM would have to be after then.

Sadly my Mum passed away last week which has not allowed us to have a board meeting but this will be arranged as a matter of priority and following that meeting we will be in a position to make a statement regarding the way forward. 

Rest assured wheels are turning.

Have a great Christmas 

• 1 month later...

Is there any update on the position here? The timeframe that CJT committed to for proposing a way forward following the AGM has long come and gone, so even an interim statement would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Agree 7

As such Charles, CJT is of great importance to ICT fans all over who know how important 2018/2019 could be in terms of funds and the club’s decision making on that from the summer.  Two months since we were told to wait, two months without any subsequent communication, three weeks been and gone for the EGM date.

Could we please have a reply to what Supporters Direct have said?  Have all the people that didn’t take up the offer now been personally contacted for membership renewal and have the CJT board met?

Edited by Glover
  • Agree 2

One thing the club board could perhaps do is to establish exactly what the situation is with regard to CJT and make a public statement of the outcome principally, as Glover says, for the benefit of the fans whose body this is meant to be.

If whoever were previously involved in CJT are unable to respond to the likes of queries by posters on this forum, then I would suggest that it falls to the club board to achieve clarity - better still, progress - in respect of 10% of the Company's voting rights.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

One thing the club board could perhaps do is to establish exactly what the situation is with regard to CJT and make a public statement of the outcome principally, as Glover says, for the benefit of the fans whose body this is meant to be.

If whoever were previously involved in CJT are unable to respond to the likes of queries by posters on this forum, then I would suggest that it falls to the club board to achieve clarity - better still, progress - in respect of 10% of the Company's voting rights.

Charles, I've been in touch with supporters direct today to see if we can move this forward. hope to post something as soon as possible. this is a situation that now needs to be sorted. 

3 hours ago, davie said:

Charles, I've been in touch with supporters direct today to see if we can move this forward. hope to post something as soon as possible. this is a situation that now needs to be sorted. 

have you an official position within cjt Davie?

Curiously we received a CJT membership renewal email reminder about 40 minutes ago. This said that we had been contacted about this recently - not the case. It is actually the first time we have been sent such a request since we joined 4 years ago.

• Facepalm 1

I confess that I started out with a great deal of sympathy for the current office bearers for a number of reasons.

However, with months and months passing without any information or any impression that anything is being done with any sense of urgency to retrieve the situation I confess that that sympathy is now wearing thin.

• Agree 5

Glover and others.  I think we can now safely say that the current Board of CJT seem either unable or unwilling to represent or inform the membership effectively or at all. There have been seven separate attempts to gain a response from them about what they have been doing on this forum alone in the last couple of months without success. Facebook and website queries are unanswered. It’s nearly dead but we can’t let CJT die and then start a rival supporters group because the voting right within ICTFC that is held by CJT would die with it. As Charles Bannerman says that’s the 3rd or 4th biggest bloc within the club and represents the people who make the club what it is. That can’t be allowed to disappear.

I’ve been in touch with SDS and asked advice on how to demit this Board in order that we can get CJT on an even keel and operating properly according to its objectives. The model rules (insofar as we know because CJT cannot or will not confirm what rules they are operating under)  state that the Board should be informed of the intention of the membership to call a meeting of the society and that the intention must be supported by 20 members or 5% of the membership (rule 32). The Board at present appears to dispute who are or are not members in their view but anyone with a fob, a £1 share certificate or membership number who paid a one off £1 would be regarded as members for this purpose. We therefore need 20 people to take this forward. If you can DM me on this forum, I can add your name to the list. As soon as we have the minimum number, we call the meeting which has the sole agenda of requiring the immediate resignation of the current Board (Liz MacRae, Cliff Sim, Laura Grant and any others) From the date of that meeting being called, the Board may not do anything – other than preparing for that meeting. It’s questionable if, after the way the AGM finished, they are allowed to do any business now that isn’t direct preparation for a Special General Meeting under rule 36.4 and rule 65.

It’s a damn shame it’s come to this but it’s not too late to do something about it. We will need people to serve on a new Board.  At present I’m talking to various people about how to move things on and there are ideas. We’ll put them out there after we have got the support to call an EGM and certainly before it happens so that the members can make an informed choice about what happens next.

• Agree 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic